|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
2. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) Malcolm X and his sister.
(b) President Nixon and his brother.
(c) JFK and his mother.
(d) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
3. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was on the run.
(b) He was alive.
(c) He was free.
(d) He had money.
4. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
5. What does Abbott say he can't control?
(a) His writings.
(b) His tears.
(c) His anger.
(d) His fear.
6. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
7. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His soul.
(b) His mind.
(c) His love.
(d) His freedom.
8. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The clam.
(b) The hole.
(c) The Pit.
(d) The C-300.
9. What does Abbott call the atmosphere in which the Pigs recruit?
(c) Private school-like.
10. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(b) Warm air.
(c) Cold air.
(d) Fossil fuels.
11. What do Abbott's fellow inmates do to ensure Abbott's release from the the starvation diet?
(a) Give Abbott their food.
(b) Go on strike.
(c) Take a guard hostage.
(d) Break Abbott free.
12. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
(a) His leg.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His thumb.
(d) His forefinger.
13. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(b) Real-world experience.
(c) Contact with other humans.
14. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
15. What does Abbott say he finds painful and angering to look into?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
2. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
3. What is a shiv?
4. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
5. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)