|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
2. What does Abbott say is the usual murder weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A razor.
(c) A gun.
(d) A club.
3. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) Their instincts.
(b) The criminal's honor.
(c) Their own laws.
(d) A code of survival.
4. What does Abbott say he can't control?
(a) His tears.
(b) His writings.
(c) His fear.
(d) His anger.
5. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
6. What is a shiv?
(a) A fossil.
(b) A card game.
(c) A kebab.
(d) A weapon.
7. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
8. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) President Nixon and his brother.
(b) Malcolm X and his sister.
(c) JFK and his mother.
(d) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
9. What did Abbott do to conserve energy during his starvation diet?
(a) Lay still.
(c) Held his breath.
10. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their need for women.
(b) The moral codes.
(c) Their boredom.
(d) Their hatred for the guards.
11. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(a) Real-world experience.
(d) Contact with other humans.
12. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(b) Going mad.
13. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
14. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) A zoo.
(d) A mental hospital.
15. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His mind.
(b) His love.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
2. What is the one thing a convict respects?
3. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
4. What is the name of the author Abbott references at the end of the chapter?
5. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)