|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
2. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their boredom.
(b) Their hatred for the guards.
(c) Their need for women.
(d) The moral codes.
3. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
4. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
(a) Steel doors.
5. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was alive.
(b) He was on the run.
(c) He had money.
(d) He was free.
6. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
7. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
8. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bull.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pig.
9. What is the one thing a convict respects?
(a) Moral strength.
10. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(b) The state.
11. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(a) Thoughts of suicide.
(b) Routine and monotony.
(d) Mental illness.
12. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
13. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
(a) A stupid wino.
(b) A violent Nazi.
(c) A smelly bum.
(d) A rambling drunk.
14. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
(b) Prison shirts.
(c) Security guards.
(d) Bleached floors.
15. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A man's hair.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A piece of carpet.
(d) A guard's jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
2. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
3. Who is the punk the slave to?
4. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
5. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)