|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
2. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(a) Fossil fuels.
(b) Warm air.
(d) Cold air.
3. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
(a) His forefinger.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His leg.
(d) His thumb.
4. Who does Abbott say pigs don't have to answer to?
(b) The people.
(d) The government.
5. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Twist his torso.
(c) Ring a bell.
6. What does Abbott say a prison guard can do without consequence?
(a) Sleep on duty.
(b) Cause a riot.
(c) Steal from an inmate.
(d) Beat an inmate.
7. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) The criminal's honor.
(b) Their instincts.
(c) A code of survival.
(d) Their own laws.
8. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(a) Going mad.
9. Who is the punk the slave to?
(a) The pope.
(b) The state.
(c) The topdog.
(d) The master.
10. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
(a) Treading tar.
(b) Swimming in ink.
(c) Sleeping in a cave.
(d) Floating in space.
11. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
(a) A prison guard.
(b) A fellow inmate.
(c) A warden.
(d) A priest.
12. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) A mental hospital.
(d) A zoo.
13. What does the policeman mentality allow some humans to do?
(a) Treat people badly.
(b) Rise above others.
(c) Make stupid rules.
(d) Earn more money.
14. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
15. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
(a) One's thoughts.
(b) One's life.
(c) One's body.
(d) One's potential.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a cell that has no light coming into it?
2. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
3. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
4. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
5. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)