|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
(a) Swearing at the warden.
(b) Laughinh too loudly.
(c) Running in the corridor.
(d) Touching another prisoner.
2. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(a) Warm air.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(c) Cold air.
3. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
(c) Steel doors.
4. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their boredom.
(b) The moral codes.
(c) Their hatred for the guards.
(d) Their need for women.
5. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) A code of survival.
(b) Their instincts.
(c) The criminal's honor.
(d) Their own laws.
6. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
7. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Kill ourselves.
(b) Shed teads.
(c) Make love.
8. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
9. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) Patricia Highsmith.
10. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(c) Going mad.
12. What does Abbott think will end the policeman mentality?
(a) World War Three.
(b) A worldwide revolution.
(c) A worker's revolution.
(d) A prisoner strike.
13. What is the name of a cell that has no light coming into it?
(a) An iron maiden.
(b) A black out cell.
(c) A dark cell.
(d) A night cell.
14. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
(a) One's thoughts.
(b) One's potential.
(c) One's body.
(d) One's life.
15. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
2. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
3. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
4. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
5. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)