|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) JFK and his mother.
(b) President Nixon and his brother.
(c) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
(d) Malcolm X and his sister.
2. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He had money.
(b) He was free.
(c) He was on the run.
(d) He was alive.
3. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
4. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
5. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
(a) His past.
(b) His books.
(c) His cell.
(d) His head.
6. What does Abbott say is the usual murder weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A razor.
(d) A club.
7. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(a) The state.
8. What does Abbott say was the only serious crime he committed in free society?
(b) Car theft.
(c) Bank robbery.
9. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
(a) One's potential.
(b) One's body.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's thoughts.
10. Who is the punk the slave to?
(a) The state.
(b) The master.
(c) The topdog.
(d) The pope.
11. What does Abbott say he finds painful and angering to look into?
(a) A window.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) A mirror.
12. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
(a) Running in the corridor.
(b) Swearing at the warden.
(c) Touching another prisoner.
(d) Laughinh too loudly.
13. Where does Abbott say he is marched to as a thirteen-year-old boy?
(a) A mess hall.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A beach.
(d) A coal mine.
14. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
(a) Organ experimentation.
(b) Criminological experimentation.
(c) Psychological experimentation.
(d) Drug experimentation.
15. What are strip cells used for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
2. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
3. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
4. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
5. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)