|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say sex acts are demonstrations of?
2. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Make love.
(b) Kill ourselves.
(c) Shed teads.
3. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
(a) Work farms.
(c) Foster homes.
(d) Penal institutions.
4. Who does Abbott say pigs don't have to answer to?
(b) The people.
(d) The government.
5. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
(a) Laughinh too loudly.
(b) Running in the corridor.
(c) Touching another prisoner.
(d) Swearing at the warden.
6. Where does Abbott say he is marched to as a thirteen-year-old boy?
(a) A bomb shelter.
(b) A beach.
(c) A mess hall.
(d) A coal mine.
7. What did Abbott do to conserve energy during his starvation diet?
(b) Held his breath.
(d) Lay still.
8. What does Abbott say he can't control?
(a) His fear.
(b) His anger.
(c) His tears.
(d) His writings.
9. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
10. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
(a) He stabbed a clerk to death.
(b) He bought a car with someone else's credit card.
(c) He issued a check against insufficient funds.
(d) He hit a police officer.
11. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) A zoo.
(c) The Senate.
(d) A mental hospital.
12. What are strip cells used for?
13. What does Abbott say he was sent to prison to become?
(a) A worker.
(b) A shifter.
(c) A writer.
(d) A punk.
14. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
(a) His leg.
(b) His eyelid.
(c) His thumb.
(d) His forefinger.
15. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Twist his torso.
(c) Stand on his head.
(d) Ring a bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
2. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
3. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
4. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
5. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)