|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
2. What is the name of a cell that has no light coming into it?
(a) A dark cell.
(b) A night cell.
(c) A black out cell.
(d) An iron maiden.
3. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
4. How did the guards try to control Abbott's claustrophobia?
(a) They gave him a bigger cell.
(b) They put a stop to his solitary confinement.
(c) They tied him to his bed.
(d) They sedated him at night.
5. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
(a) A bull.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pig.
6. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(d) Going mad.
7. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The clam.
(b) The Pit.
(c) The hole.
(d) The C-300.
8. What is a shiv?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A card game.
(c) A fossil.
(d) A kebab.
9. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
10. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
11. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
(a) Brutal and dishonest.
(b) Unkind and heartless.
(c) Violent and tyrannical.
(d) Meglomanic and bored.
12. Who does Abbot claim are evil?
(a) Probation officers.
13. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(b) The state.
14. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
(b) Penal institutions.
(c) Foster homes.
(d) Work farms.
15. What does Abbott say is the usual murder weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A razor.
(d) A club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Striker kill himself?
2. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
3. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
4. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
5. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)