|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is pruno?
(a) Prison beer.
(b) Fried prune paste.
(c) Baby food.
(d) Prison wine.
2. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
(b) A sponge.
(c) A bath.
3. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
4. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
5. What does Abbott say he can't control?
(a) His anger.
(b) His writings.
(c) His tears.
(d) His fear.
6. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(b) Thoughts of suicide.
(c) Routine and monotony.
(d) Mental illness.
7. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
8. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
9. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
10. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Twist his torso.
(b) Ring a bell.
(c) Stand on his head.
11. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
12. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(b) The state.
13. Who is the punk the slave to?
(a) The pope.
(b) The master.
(c) The topdog.
(d) The state.
14. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) President Nixon and his brother.
(b) Malcolm X and his sister.
(c) JFK and his mother.
(d) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
15. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
2. Who is Abbott writing to?
3. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
4. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
5. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)