|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
2. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
(d) Real intelligence.
3. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their need for women.
(b) Their hatred for the guards.
(c) Their boredom.
(d) The moral codes.
4. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
(a) Befriend them.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Corner them.
(d) Watch their routine.
5. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
(b) Hits the walls.
(c) Mutters to himself.
(d) Stamps his feet.
6. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) The Senate.
(c) A mental hospital.
(d) A zoo.
7. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
(a) The murder of an inmate.
(b) The murder of a guard.
(c) The stealing of food.
(d) The stealing of cigarettes.
8. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
9. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
10. What does Abbott say a prison guard can do without consequence?
(a) Cause a riot.
(b) Steal from an inmate.
(c) Sleep on duty.
(d) Beat an inmate.
11. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A guard's jacket.
(c) A piece of carpet.
(d) A man's hair.
12. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Twist his torso.
(c) Stand on his head.
(d) Ring a bell.
13. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He has a nervous breakdown.
(d) He starts to hallucinate.
14. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The C-300.
(b) The hole.
(c) The clam.
(d) The Pit.
15. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Thoughts of suicide.
(d) Routine and monotony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
2. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
3. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
4. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
5. What does Abbott say he finds painful and angering to look into?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)