|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Striker kill himself?
(a) He starved himself.
(b) He stabbed himself.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He shot himself.
2. What does Abbott say he can't control?
(a) His anger.
(b) His writings.
(c) His tears.
(d) His fear.
3. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(a) Thoughts of suicide.
(b) Routine and monotony.
(d) Mental illness.
4. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Ernest Hemmingway.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Patricia Highsmith.
5. What does a starvation diet consist of?
(a) An apple and a slice of cheese.
(b) A cup of soup and a sandwich.
(c) A baked potato and a piece of bread.
(d) A bowl of broth and a biscuit.
6. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
(a) His past.
(b) His books.
(c) His head.
(d) His cell.
7. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
8. What does Abbott say he finds painful and angering to look into?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A window.
(d) A telescope.
9. Who is the punk the slave to?
(a) The pope.
(b) The topdog.
(c) The master.
(d) The state.
10. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Shed teads.
(b) Make love.
(c) Kill ourselves.
11. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) Malcolm X and his sister.
(b) JFK and his mother.
(c) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
(d) President Nixon and his brother.
12. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
13. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) Their instincts.
(b) Their own laws.
(c) The criminal's honor.
(d) A code of survival.
14. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
15. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The clam.
(b) The Pit.
(c) The C-300.
(d) The hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
2. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
3. What is pruno?
4. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
5. What city did Abbott escape to?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)