Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was alive.
(b) He had money.
(c) He was free.
(d) He was on the run.
2. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A man's hair.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A piece of carpet.
(d) A guard's jacket.
3. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
4. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their upbringings.
(c) The state.
5. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
6. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The clam.
(b) The hole.
(c) The Pit.
(d) The C-300.
7. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
8. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
(a) Unkind and heartless.
(b) Brutal and dishonest.
(c) Meglomanic and bored.
(d) Violent and tyrannical.
9. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
(a) The murder of a guard.
(b) The stealing of cigarettes.
(c) The stealing of food.
(d) The murder of an inmate.
10. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Prison shirts.
(d) Bleached floors.
11. What does Abbott say sex acts are demonstrations of?
12. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
(a) His cell.
(b) His past.
(c) His books.
(d) His head.
13. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Twist his torso.
(b) Stand on his head.
(c) Ring a bell.
14. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
15. What is the one thing a convict respects?
(b) Moral strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
2. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
3. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
4. What are strip cells used for?
5. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)