|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say a prison guard can do without consequence?
(a) Beat an inmate.
(b) Steal from an inmate.
(c) Sleep on duty.
(d) Cause a riot.
2. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(b) A zoo.
(c) The Senate.
(d) A mental hospital.
3. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
4. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
5. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
6. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
(a) He bought a car with someone else's credit card.
(b) He stabbed a clerk to death.
(c) He hit a police officer.
(d) He issued a check against insufficient funds.
7. What does Abbott say he was sent to prison to become?
(a) A worker.
(b) A writer.
(c) A punk.
(d) A shifter.
8. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
(a) One's thoughts.
(b) One's potential.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's body.
9. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
(a) A bull.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
10. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
11. What mentality does Abbott say the guards have?
(a) A policeman mentality.
(b) A capitalist mentality.
(c) A god-fearing mentality.
(d) A free world mentality.
12. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
13. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
(a) Floating in space.
(b) Sleeping in a cave.
(c) Treading tar.
(d) Swimming in ink.
14. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
(a) Prisoners on death row.
(b) Animals in a zoo.
(d) Siberian war prisoners.
15. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
(a) A fellow inmate.
(b) A warden.
(c) A priest.
(d) A prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
2. How did Striker kill himself?
3. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
4. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
5. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)