|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
(a) Meglomanic and bored.
(b) Brutal and dishonest.
(c) Unkind and heartless.
(d) Violent and tyrannical.
2. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
3. What does the policeman mentality allow some humans to do?
(a) Earn more money.
(b) Rise above others.
(c) Treat people badly.
(d) Make stupid rules.
4. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
5. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
(a) Most prisoners have never heard about the law.
(b) It is the only way prisoners learn.
(c) People have their different ideas of cruelty.
(d) Only convicts witness it.
6. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) Ernest Hemmingway.
(c) Norman Mailer.
(d) Patricia Highsmith.
7. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
8. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(a) Thoughts of suicide.
(b) Routine and monotony.
(c) Mental illness.
9. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(a) Cold air.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(d) Warm air.
10. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
(b) Real intelligence.
11. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
(d) Steel doors.
12. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His love.
13. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
14. What does Abbott say he was sent to prison to become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A shifter.
(c) A punk.
(d) A worker.
15. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(b) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
2. What does Abbott say sex acts are demonstrations of?
3. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
4. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
5. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)