|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
2. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
(a) Organ experimentation.
(b) Psychological experimentation.
(c) Criminological experimentation.
(d) Drug experimentation.
3. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
(a) He starts to hallucinate.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He has a nervous breakdown.
4. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
(a) A smelly bum.
(b) A stupid wino.
(c) A violent Nazi.
(d) A rambling drunk.
5. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(d) The state.
6. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
(b) A bath.
(c) A sponge.
7. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(b) Cold air.
(c) Warm air.
(d) Fossil fuels.
8. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
9. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
10. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
(a) A priest.
(b) A prison guard.
(c) A warden.
(d) A fellow inmate.
11. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Think about his homeland.
(b) Write short stories.
(c) Abuse the guards.
(d) Escape prison.
12. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
13. How did Striker kill himself?
(a) He hanged himself.
(b) He stabbed himself.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He starved himself.
14. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) Their own laws.
(b) A code of survival.
(c) Their instincts.
(d) The criminal's honor.
15. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
(a) Malcolm X and his sister.
(b) JFK and his mother.
(c) President Nixon and his brother.
(d) Bobby Kennedy and his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
2. What are strip cells used for?
3. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
4. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
5. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)