|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Patricia Highsmith.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) Truman Capote.
2. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
3. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
(a) Animals in a zoo.
(b) Prisoners on death row.
(c) Siberian war prisoners.
4. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
(a) A sponge.
(c) A bath.
5. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(c) The President.
6. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
(a) Violent and tyrannical.
(b) Unkind and heartless.
(c) Brutal and dishonest.
(d) Meglomanic and bored.
7. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(a) Routine and monotony.
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Thoughts of suicide.
8. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
(a) Their own laws.
(b) Their instincts.
(c) A code of survival.
(d) The criminal's honor.
9. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
10. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
(a) Organ experimentation.
(b) Criminological experimentation.
(c) Drug experimentation.
(d) Psychological experimentation.
11. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
(a) Touching another prisoner.
(b) Running in the corridor.
(c) Laughinh too loudly.
(d) Swearing at the warden.
12. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(a) Contact with other humans.
(c) Real-world experience.
13. What are strip cells used for?
14. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
(b) Mutters to himself.
(c) Stamps his feet.
(d) Hits the walls.
15. What is the one thing a convict respects?
(a) Moral strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
2. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
3. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
4. What does Abbott say sex acts are demonstrations of?
5. How did Striker kill himself?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)