|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was free.
(b) He was on the run.
(c) He had money.
(d) He was alive.
2. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
3. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
4. What does Abbott say he was sent to prison to become?
(a) A worker.
(b) A shifter.
(c) A writer.
(d) A punk.
5. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
(a) Real intelligence.
6. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
(a) Laughinh too loudly.
(b) Swearing at the warden.
(c) Running in the corridor.
(d) Touching another prisoner.
7. What does Abbott say he dreamed about in his hotel room?
8. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(b) Contact with other humans.
(c) Real-world experience.
9. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
10. What is the name of a cell that has no light coming into it?
(a) An iron maiden.
(b) A night cell.
(c) A black out cell.
(d) A dark cell.
11. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their need for women.
(b) The moral codes.
(c) Their boredom.
(d) Their hatred for the guards.
12. What does Abbott say he did in 1971?
(a) Killed a guard.
(b) Escaped prison.
(c) Killed an inmate.
(d) Attended a funeral.
13. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
(a) Work farms.
(c) Penal institutions.
(d) Foster homes.
14. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His love.
15. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
2. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
3. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
4. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
5. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)