|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Twist his torso.
(d) Ring a bell.
2. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their hatred for the guards.
(b) The moral codes.
(c) Their need for women.
(d) Their boredom.
3. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
4. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
5. What does Abbott say was the only serious crime he committed in free society?
(b) Bank robbery.
(d) Car theft.
6. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
7. What does Abbott say he did in 1971?
(a) Escaped prison.
(b) Killed a guard.
(c) Attended a funeral.
(d) Killed an inmate.
8. What is pruno?
(a) Prison wine.
(b) Prison beer.
(c) Baby food.
(d) Fried prune paste.
9. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
10. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
(a) A nail bed.
(b) An iron maiden.
(c) An sacrificial altar.
(d) A coffin.
11. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A guard's jacket.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A man's hair.
(d) A piece of carpet.
12. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was alive.
(b) He was free.
(c) He had money.
(d) He was on the run.
13. Who does Abbot claim are evil?
(a) Probation officers.
14. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(a) The President.
15. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(a) Going mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
2. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
3. What mentality does Abbott say the guards have?
4. What does Abbott say he can't control?
5. What is the name of the author Abbott references at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)