|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hole: Solitary Confinement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His mind.
(c) His soul.
(d) His love.
2. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
(d) Steel doors.
3. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
4. What does Abbott say was the only serious crime he committed in free society?
(b) Bank robbery.
(d) Car theft.
5. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
(a) His cell.
(b) His books.
(c) His past.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
2. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
3. What are strip cells used for?
4. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
5. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)