|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hole: Solitary Confinement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Stand on his head.
(c) Ring a bell.
(d) Twist his torso.
2. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A guard's jacket.
(c) A man's hair.
(d) A piece of carpet.
3. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
4. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
(b) Security guards.
(c) Prison shirts.
(d) Bleached floors.
5. How did the guards try to control Abbott's claustrophobia?
(a) They sedated him at night.
(b) They tied him to his bed.
(c) They gave him a bigger cell.
(d) They put a stop to his solitary confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
2. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
3. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
4. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
5. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)