|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maidere's answer to Ulgen's question?
2. Who was left to guard the woman Maidere was trying to make?
3. How many sets of twins did the Mother and Father of all gods have?
4. What fell from the sky?
5. How did the woman react to Erlik's music?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
2. Who are Mawu and Lisa and what do they rule?
3. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
4. What happened to Karora and his sons?
5. How were the lesser gods created?
6. Why did Ulgen send Erlik down to be the leader of the dead spirits?
7. What caused Nayambi to want to be free from Kamonu?
8. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
9. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
10. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How many of the stories have a ruler of death, the dead or the underworld? How were these rulers created? Are they equal to the creator god? Why or why not? How can you tell? Are the rules of the dead fearful gods? Happy gods? Neither? Both? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Both the raven in chapter one and Quat the Creator in chapter two design the earth to please mankind. What are some of the creations they make to please man? What does this say about these gods? What does it tell the reader about how they feel toward man?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)