|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Karora lie asleep?
2. What did Erlik offer Dog?
3. Who was on the raft with Turtle?
4. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
5. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
2. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
3. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
4. Who are Mawu and Lisa and what do they rule?
5. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
6. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
7. Why did Ulgen send Erlik down to be the leader of the dead spirits?
8. How did Mawu-Lisa treat the gods they created?
9. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
10. How were the lesser gods created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the twin gods in chapter eight with the twin gods in chapter eleven.
How are they alike?
How are they different?
What is the relationship like between Mawu and Lisa?
What is the relationship like between Tawis-karong and Tijus-keha?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)