|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman die?
2. Earth Starter created a mud ball with the mud Turtle brought back, how large did it get?
3. Where did Ulgen banish Erlik to as punishment?
4. Where did Turtle get the earth for Earth Starter?
5. Why was Maidere angry with Dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why are women created?
2. What happened to Karora and his sons?
3. What is the woman's personality like after she is brought to life by Erlik?
4. What is the curse Maidere puts on Dog?
5. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
6. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
7. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
8. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
9. What does Maidere tell Ulgen the reason is for the fact that the men never change?
10. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What cultural values can be gleaned from the stories? Which are values that encourage certain behaviors? Which are values that discourage certain behaviors? How can you tell? Provide examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast some of the stories of Wulbari (chapter ten) and Nyambi (chapter twelve).
How are the gods similar?
How are the gods different?
Who is Wulbari's nemesis?
Who is Nyambi's nemesis?
What are some similarities between the stories?
What are some differences between the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the myths blame the creation of death on an individual or a group of individuals.
1) Which stories blame humankind for death?
2) Which stories blame women for death?
3) Which stories blame another god for death?
What does this say about the culture's attitude towards death. For example: Is it something man is to blame for? Is it something that is out of their control? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)