|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Earth Starter create so that people could become young again?
2. How did the woman die?
3. What was the name of the first man?
4. In chapter 8, who created the world?
5. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
2. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
3. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
4. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
5. Why did Ulgen send Erlik down to be the leader of the dead spirits?
6. Who is the creator of the world in chapter eight?
7. How were the lesser gods created?
8. What happened to Karora and his sons?
9. What was the world like in the beginning of chapter seven?
10. What is the woman's personality like after she is brought to life by Erlik?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How many of the stories have a ruler of death, the dead or the underworld? How were these rulers created? Are they equal to the creator god? Why or why not? How can you tell? Are the rules of the dead fearful gods? Happy gods? Neither? Both? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The gods in each story have different relationships with man. What are some of the relationships between god and man presented in the stories? Are these positive relationships? Personal relationships?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)