|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trees did Ulgen create on earth?
2. In chapter 8, what is the Great Mother's name?
3. Who came to tempt the guard when Maidere left?
4. Who rode on a turtle's back.
5. Why did Karora burst from the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
2. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
3. How were the lesser gods created?
4. Who is the creator of the world in chapter eight?
5. Where is Karora asleep when as chapter nine begins?
6. How were the woman's children born?
7. How were plants of the earth created?
8. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
9. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
10. How did Mawu-Lisa treat the gods they created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both the raven in chapter one and Quat the Creator in chapter two design the earth to please mankind. What are some of the creations they make to please man? What does this say about these gods? What does it tell the reader about how they feel toward man?
Essay Topic 2
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How many of the stories have a ruler of death, the dead or the underworld? How were these rulers created? Are they equal to the creator god? Why or why not? How can you tell? Are the rules of the dead fearful gods? Happy gods? Neither? Both? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)