|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
2. How much mud did Turtle bring back with him?
3. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
4. Why did Ulgen become upset with Erlik?
5. Who rode on a turtle's back.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
2. How were the lesser gods created?
3. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
4. Where is Karora asleep when as chapter nine begins?
5. How and why are women created?
6. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
7. What does Maidere tell Ulgen the reason is for the fact that the men never change?
8. How were the woman's children born?
9. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
10. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the stories deal with fate vs. free will? Are the people created int he different stories under the god(s) control? Do they have free will? Examine at least three of stories in your answer and provide details from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How does the story of Sa and Alatangana (chapter three) attempt to explain the different cultures, languages and races that populate the earth? Are these differences considered good or bad? Provide details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Almost all of the creators in the myths presented are male. Why do so many stories feature men? What does this tell the reader about the cultures the stories come from?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)