|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 8, what is the Great Mother's name?
2. What is the name of the bad twin?
3. How many children did Great Mother have?
4. Where did Turtle get the earth for Earth Starter?
5. Who was in Ilbalintja?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Mawu and Lisa and what do they rule?
2. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
3. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
4. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
5. How were the lesser gods created?
6. What does Maidere tell Ulgen the reason is for the fact that the men never change?
7. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
8. How did Mawu-Lisa treat the gods they created?
9. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
10. What was the world like in the beginning of chapter seven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gods in each story have different relationships with man. What are some of the relationships between god and man presented in the stories? Are these positive relationships? Personal relationships?
Essay Topic 2
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the twin gods in chapter eight with the twin gods in chapter eleven.
How are they alike?
How are they different?
What is the relationship like between Mawu and Lisa?
What is the relationship like between Tawis-karong and Tijus-keha?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)