|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the trickster in chapter 10?
2. Who instructed the animals to bring dirt up from the bottom of the water?
3. Who rode on a turtle's back.
4. Who was left to guard the woman Maidere was trying to make?
5. In chapter 8, who created the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
2. What caused Nayambi to want to be free from Kamonu?
3. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
4. How were the lesser gods created?
5. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
6. What was the first man created from in chapter six?
7. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
8. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
9. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
10. How and why are women created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both the raven in chapter one and Quat the Creator in chapter two design the earth to please mankind. What are some of the creations they make to please man? What does this say about these gods? What does it tell the reader about how they feel toward man?
Essay Topic 2
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Often the sun and moon are seen as opposites. One is said to exist before the other.
1) Which stories begin with darkness?
2) Which stories begin with light?
3) Do more stories begin with darkness or with light? Why might this be?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)