|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ulgen and Erlik get along at first?
2. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
3. In chapter 9, what was the only thing that existed in the beginning?
4. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
5. What was the name of the eighth man Ulgen created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the world like in the beginning of chapter seven?
2. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
3. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
4. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
5. How were the lesser gods created?
6. What caused Nayambi to want to be free from Kamonu?
7. What happened to Karora and his sons?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What is the curse Maidere puts on Dog?
10. How were plants of the earth created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do cultures have a need to explain the origins of man, the earth and the heavens? How do the stories presented in the book help to explain these things? Give specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Are the gods in the stories omnipotent? Which ones are and which are not? How can you tell? Provide specific examples from the text. Analyze at least three stories in your answer.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)