Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ulgen create after he banished Erlik?
2. What covered Karora as he slept?
3. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
4. What type of animal is Tjenterama?
5. Why did Spider lower a thread for Nyambi?
How many of the stories have a ruler of death, the dead or the underworld? How were these rulers created? Are they equal to the creator god? Why or why not? How can you tell? Are the rules of the dead fearful gods? Happy gods? Neither? Both? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Many of the stories have animals as main characters. Why is there a common theme about animals? Why might these cultures value animals so highly?
Often the sun and moon are seen as opposites. One is said to exist before the other.
1) Which stories begin with darkness?
2) Which stories begin with light?
3) Do more stories begin with darkness or with light? Why might this be?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)