|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tawis-karong create?
2. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
3. What did Erlik offer Dog?
4. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
5. What is the name of the bad twin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were plants of the earth created?
2. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
3. Where is Karora asleep when as chapter nine begins?
4. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
5. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
6. How were the lesser gods created?
7. How and why are women created?
8. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the stories have animals as main characters. Why is there a common theme about animals? Why might these cultures value animals so highly?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the myths blame the creation of death on an individual or a group of individuals.
1) Which stories blame humankind for death?
2) Which stories blame women for death?
3) Which stories blame another god for death?
What does this say about the culture's attitude towards death. For example: Is it something man is to blame for? Is it something that is out of their control? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)