|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to all of the bandicoots in the area?
2. How many children did the woman have?
3. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
4. Why did Turtle want Earth Starter to create land?
5. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
2. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
3. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
4. How did Earth Starter create dry land?
5. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
6. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
7. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
8. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
9. How were plants of the earth created?
10. How were the woman's children born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast some of the stories of Wulbari (chapter ten) and Nyambi (chapter twelve).
How are the gods similar?
How are the gods different?
Who is Wulbari's nemesis?
Who is Nyambi's nemesis?
What are some similarities between the stories?
What are some differences between the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The gods in each story have different relationships with man. What are some of the relationships between god and man presented in the stories? Are these positive relationships? Personal relationships?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)