|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
2. Who had power over the night?
3. How many children did the woman have?
4. What is the name of the water filled crater Karora formed?
5. What did Tawis-karong create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Karora and his sons?
2. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
3. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
4. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
5. What is the woman's personality like after she is brought to life by Erlik?
6. How were the lesser gods created?
7. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
8. What was the world like in the beginning of chapter seven?
9. What was the first man created from in chapter six?
10. How were plants of the earth created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the story of Sa and Alatangana (chapter three) attempt to explain the different cultures, languages and races that populate the earth? Are these differences considered good or bad? Provide details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Almost all of the creators in the myths presented are male. Why do so many stories feature men? What does this tell the reader about the cultures the stories come from?
Essay Topic 3
Why do cultures have a need to explain the origins of man, the earth and the heavens? How do the stories presented in the book help to explain these things? Give specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)