|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bad twin?
2. Why did Turtle want Earth Starter to create land?
3. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
4. In chapter 6, Where did Ulgen see the face of a man?
5. What did Ulgen give the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
2. How were plants of the earth created?
3. What caused Nayambi to want to be free from Kamonu?
4. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
5. How and why are women created?
6. How were the lesser gods created?
7. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
8. What happened to Karora and his sons?
9. How did Earth Starter create light for the earth?
10. Where is Karora asleep when as chapter nine begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast some of the stories of Wulbari (chapter ten) and Nyambi (chapter twelve).
How are the gods similar?
How are the gods different?
Who is Wulbari's nemesis?
Who is Nyambi's nemesis?
What are some similarities between the stories?
What are some differences between the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Why do cultures have a need to explain the origins of man, the earth and the heavens? How do the stories presented in the book help to explain these things? Give specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the stories feature sets of twins. Might twins be considered special or magical in certain cultures? Why or why not? Are the twins presented in the stories good? Evil? Both? Neither?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)