|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the god upset?
2. What did Ulgen order Maidere to come down from the mountain and create?
3. What was Maidere's answer to Ulgen's question?
4. In chapter 8, who created the world?
5. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
2. What is the curse Maidere puts on Dog?
3. What is Ananse and why is he sent on a quest by Wulbari?
4. How and why are women created?
5. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
6. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
7. What was the first man created from in chapter six?
8. What happened to Karora and his sons?
9. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
10. How were plants of the earth created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the twin gods in chapter eight with the twin gods in chapter eleven.
How are they alike?
How are they different?
What is the relationship like between Mawu and Lisa?
What is the relationship like between Tawis-karong and Tijus-keha?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Earth Starter myth in chapter seven with the Divine Woman myth in chapter eleven. How are these myths similar? Where are the cultures who tell these myths located? Why might their stories be similar?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)