Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ulgen create after he banished Erlik?
2. What covered Karora as he slept?
3. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
4. What type of animal is Tjenterama?
5. Why did Spider lower a thread for Nyambi?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the twin gods in chapter eight with the twin gods in chapter eleven.
How are they alike?
How are they different?
What is the relationship like between Mawu and Lisa?
What is the relationship like between Tawis-karong and Tijus-keha?
Essay Topic 2
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The female characters in these stories fall into two distinct categories: mother and shrew.
1) Which stories feature females as mothers? Are these women considered to be the creator gods?
2) Which stories feature females as shrews? What is often the result of their misbehavior?
What do these myths tell the reader about the role of women in these cultures?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)