|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tawis-karong create?
(a) The sky and the water.
(b) Small animals and birds.
(c) Birds of prey.
(d) Large beasts.
2. How much mud did Turtle bring back with him?
(a) Enough to fill the raft.
(b) A bucket full.
(c) More than there was water on the earth.
(d) A small amount under his nails.
3. According to chapter 11, in the beginning there was only water and what?
(c) Fish and sharks.
(d) Water animals.
4. What did Earth Starter make last?
5. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
(a) A reed pipe.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had power over the night?
2. Where did Ulgen place the eighth tree?
3. In chapter 8, who created the world?
4. Why did Nyambi ask Kamonu to stop killing animals?
5. Who came down from the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the world like in the beginning of chapter seven?
2. How did Mawu-Lisa treat the gods they created?
3. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
4. What does Maidere tell Ulgen the reason is for the fact that the men never change?
5. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
6. What is the curse Maidere puts on Dog?
7. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
8. Who are Mawu and Lisa and what do they rule?
9. How were the woman's children born?
10. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)