|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Bandicoots come from?
(a) The sky above Karora.
(b) Under the ground where Karora slept.
(c) Karora's mouth.
(d) Karora's navel and armpits.
2. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
(a) When the sun set.
(b) At sunrise.
(c) During the eclipse.
(d) They did not have children.
3. What is the name of Nayambi's wife?
4. What was wrong with woman?
(a) She wanted to take over the earth.
(b) She could not speak.
(c) She rejected Erlik.
(d) She had a temper and was moody.
5. What rose up above Karora and into the sky?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A strange bird.
(c) A giant tree.
(d) A great pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the trickster in chapter 10?
2. What is the myth in chapter 12 called by the Lozi people of Zambia?
3. What is the name of the water filled crater Karora formed?
4. Why did Ulgen become upset with Erlik?
5. What was the name of the first man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the creator of the world in chapter eight?
2. Why did Ulgen send Erlik down to be the leader of the dead spirits?
3. How and why are women created?
4. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
5. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
6. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
7. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
8. What is the curse Maidere puts on Dog?
9. What does Maidere tell Ulgen the reason is for the fact that the men never change?
10. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)