|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
2. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
3. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A sharp whistle.
(b) The death rattle.
(c) A crow cry.
(d) A Rattlesnake.
4. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) As he became an old man.
(b) After his mother died.
(c) As soon as he was born.
(d) When he was married.
5. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
(a) Pik Nong.
(b) No Thing.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) The Rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children go when they grew up?
2. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
3. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. What did the raven bring when it returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Phan Ku look like?
2. After Quat was born, he showed himself to be different than his brothers. What did Quat do that made him stand out?
3. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
4. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
5. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
6. What were Alatangana's children like?
7. Where the first men alive?
8. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
9. Why did the raven create the sheep and other animals?
10. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)