|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alatangana?
(a) Sa's wife.
(b) The devil.
(c) A god.
(d) A monkey.
2. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) The Lower Creator.
(c) Me King.
(d) Phan Ku.
3. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Tree leaves.
4. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
(a) Have the children write down their words for all of mankind.
(b) Send a child to every different part of the world.
(c) Have the white children only marry white and the black only marry black.
(d) Bring half of his children to Sa to raise.
5. Who created the dawn?
(a) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Death in Chapter three?
2. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
3. Where did the Old Man go in his travels?
4. What were the first men constructed to be?
5. How was Death created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Quat create after he traveled to the far edge of the sky?
2. After Quat was born, he showed himself to be different than his brothers. What did Quat do that made him stand out?
3. Describe Sa's home?
4. How did the woman and child come into being?
5. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
6. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
7. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
8. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
9. How did Old Man decide if mankind would live forever or die?
10. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)