|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted beauty in the world.
(b) He thought the earth was depressing.
(c) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(d) He wanted company.
2. What did the raven bring when it returned?
(a) Blueberries and blackberries.
(b) A rock and water.
(c) Raspberries and heathberries.
(d) A turtle and a snake.
3. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) People would live forever.
(b) People would live only ten years.
(c) There would be an end to people.
(d) There would never be another woman.
4. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
(b) The Congo.
5. Who is Phan Ku?
(a) The old man.
(c) The Great Creator.
(d) The sky god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the pea pod?
2. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
3. What did the man think of the sheep?
4. What was the animal made of?
5. How did the drink make him feel inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
2. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
3. What does the Creator look like in chapter one?
4. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
5. How did Quat the Fool create death?
6. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
7. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
8. Why did the raven create the sheep and other animals?
9. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
10. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)