|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) In the oceans.
(b) Up high on a mountain top.
(c) In a far corner of the new earth.
(d) On a hill next to Sa.
2. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted company.
(b) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(c) He wanted beauty in the world.
(d) He thought the earth was depressing.
3. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A hen's egg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pea pod.
(d) A flower.
4. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
(b) The Congo.
5. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
(a) By giving them milk.
(b) By flapping his wings over them.
(c) By using a spell.
(d) By pouring water over the clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Old Man go in his travels?
2. What was the animal made of?
3. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
4. What did he make a mother and child out of?
5. How many women were created by Quat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where the first men alive?
2. Describe Sa's home?
3. What does the Creator look like in chapter one?
4. Who was Phan Ku?
5. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
6. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
7. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
8. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
9. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
10. What did Phan Ku look like?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)