|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
(a) Bring half of his children to Sa to raise.
(b) Have the white children only marry white and the black only marry black.
(c) Have the children write down their words for all of mankind.
(d) Send a child to every different part of the world.
2. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) People would live forever.
(b) There would be an end to people.
(c) People would live only ten years.
(d) There would never be another woman.
3. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
(a) A halo.
4. What did Quat make the first men from?
(b) The sky.
(c) A tree.
(d) A river.
5. What did the Old Man throw into the water to determine if the woman and child would live forever?
(a) The baby.
(b) Buffalo chips.
(d) A stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the world as time passed?
2. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
3. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
4. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
5. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
2. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
3. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
4. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
5. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
6. What were Alatangana's children like?
7. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
8. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
9. Why did Sa turn down Alatangana's marriage proposal?
10. Who was Phan Ku?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)