|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
(a) So he could build a house.
(b) To create a hard ground material.
(c) So he could make animals and plants.
(d) To stop the flood of waters from the ocean.
2. How many women were created by Quat?
3. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
(a) A halo.
4. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
(a) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) His home in the mud.
(d) Sheep and other animals.
5. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A Rattlesnake.
(b) A sharp whistle.
(c) The death rattle.
(d) A crow cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
2. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
3. Who made the pea pod?
4. Who did Death live with?
5. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the woman want the Old Man to decide?
2. What did Quat create after he traveled to the far edge of the sky?
3. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
4. Who was Phan Ku?
5. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
6. Why did the raven create the sheep and other animals?
7. Who were the first men created by Quat and what were they made of?
8. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
9. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
10. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)