|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
2. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
(b) Because of Sa's instructions.
(c) Because there are so many languages.
(d) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
3. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
(a) They were girls.
(b) They were boys.
(c) They were black.
(d) They were white.
4. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They were born in the town of Babel.
(b) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
(c) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
(d) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
5. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
(a) A death rattle.
(b) A mud house.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
2. How many women were created by Quat?
3. What happened when Phan Ku died?
4. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
5. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
2. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
3. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
4. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
5. Who was Phan Ku?
6. What were Alatangana's children like?
7. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
8. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
9. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
10. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)