|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A crow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A rave.
(d) A eagle.
2. How many years did Phan Ku live?
3. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
(d) Sa's wife.
4. What did he make a mother and child out of?
5. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She wanted to prove the Old Man wrong.
(c) She wasn't satisfied with the Old Man's answer.
(d) She wanted to see if the rock would sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to blame for death?
2. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
3. How was Death created?
4. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
5. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
2. Why did Sa turn down Alatangana's marriage proposal?
3. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
4. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
5. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
6. What were Alatangana's children like?
7. Describe Sa's home?
8. What did Quat create after he traveled to the far edge of the sky?
9. After Quat was born, he showed himself to be different than his brothers. What did Quat do that made him stand out?
10. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)