|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
(a) Threw them in a hole and covered them with dirt.
(b) Drowned them in a lake.
(c) Gave them to the Wise.
(d) Set them on fire and spread their ashes.
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
(b) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
(c) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
(d) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
3. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) In the oceans.
(b) In a far corner of the new earth.
(c) Up high on a mountain top.
(d) On a hill next to Sa.
4. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
(a) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) His home in the mud.
(c) Sheep and other animals.
5. Who is Phan Ku?
(a) The sky god.
(b) The old man.
(d) The Great Creator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children go when they grew up?
2. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
3. What was special about all of Alatangana's children?
4. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
5. What did he drink from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
2. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
3. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
4. Why did the raven create the sheep and other animals?
5. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
6. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
7. How did Quat the Fool create death?
8. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
9. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
10. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)