|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) People would live only ten years.
(b) There would never be another woman.
(c) There would be an end to people.
(d) People would live forever.
2. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
(a) The Powhatan Indians.
(b) The Blackfoot Indians.
(c) The Iriquois Indians.
(d) The Navajo Indians.
3. Who is to blame for death?
(a) Sa's wife.
(b) The sea of mud.
4. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the end of the earth.
(b) To the edge of the ocean.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the far edge of the sky.
5. What did the man think of the sheep?
(a) He was intrigued by them.
(b) He wanted to own them.
(c) He was scared of them.
(d) He thought they looked good to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the drink make him feel inside?
2. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
3. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
4. What is the name of Night in this story?
5. Who is Quat the Creator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
2. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
3. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
4. How did the woman and child come into being?
5. What did Ulgen create after he created the earth?
6. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
7. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
8. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
9. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
10. What is the woman's personality like after she is brought to life by Erlik?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)