|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(c) Tree leaves.
(d) Tea leaves.
2. What did the bird ask the man?
(a) Where he came from.
(b) When he was leaving.
(c) Where he was going.
(d) What he knew.
3. Who is Alatangana?
(a) Sa's wife.
(b) A monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) A god.
4. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
(a) Drowned them in a lake.
(b) Gave them to the Wise.
(c) Threw them in a hole and covered them with dirt.
(d) Set them on fire and spread their ashes.
5. What did he drink from?
(a) A stream of water.
(b) A pool of cool water.
(c) A ladel.
(d) A coconut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
2. What did he make a mother and child out of?
3. Who did the man think would also like the sheep?
4. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
5. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
2. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
3. How did Old Man decide if mankind would live forever or die?
4. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
5. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
6. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
7. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
8. Who were the first men created by Quat and what were they made of?
9. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
10. What were Alatangana's children like?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)