|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the bird turn into?
(a) A man.
(b) A cat.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
2. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
(a) Keep him company on his travels.
(b) Populate the earth.
(d) Rise up and walk.
3. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A pea pod.
(b) A flower.
(c) A hen's egg.
(d) An apple.
4. What did he drink from?
(a) A ladel.
(b) A stream of water.
(c) A coconut.
(d) A pool of cool water.
5. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
(b) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
(c) Because Alatangana banished his children.
(d) Because each child was given a kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the raven create for the man to fear?
2. What was the animal made of?
3. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
4. Who is Alatangana?
5. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
2. Who were the first men created by Quat and what were they made of?
3. Quat is the solar god of the Bank Islands. What parts of his story have to do with the sunlight and creation?
4. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
5. Describe Sa's home?
6. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
9. Who was Phan Ku?
10. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)