|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
(a) She wasn't satisfied with the Old Man's answer.
(b) She wanted to prove the Old Man wrong.
(c) She was angry.
(d) She wanted to see if the rock would sink.
2. How many years did Phan Ku live?
3. What did Quat use to cut a hole in the Night?
(a) A red stone.
(b) A piece of day.
(c) A star.
4. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
(b) The Congo.
5. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called Nothing.
(b) It is called Phan Ku.
(c) It is called No Thing.
(d) It is called the Pod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created human suffering?
2. What animal did the raven create for the man to fear?
3. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
4. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
5. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
2. Who were the first men created by Quat and what were they made of?
3. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
4. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
5. Describe Sa's home?
6. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
7. Who is the Old Man in chapter five?
8. How did the woman and child come into being?
9. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
10. Why might the god in chapter four burst out from an egg?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)