|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nyambi ask Kamonu to stop killing animals?
(a) They were peaceful.
(b) Nyambi loved them too much to see them die.
(c) Kamonu was encouraged to kill animals.
(d) They were Kamonu's brothers.
2. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
(a) If he would be his partner in creating the earth.
(b) If he liked Erlik.
(c) To promise never to try to take his power.
(d) Why the other men never changed.
3. What is the name of the god in chapter 10?
4. What sound brought Karora's son to life?
(a) A bandicoot call.
(b) The sound of the water.
(c) The sun rising.
(d) Karora's breathing.
5. What was wrong with woman?
(a) She wanted to take over the earth.
(b) She rejected Erlik.
(c) She could not speak.
(d) She had a temper and was moody.
6. What is Ananse?
(a) A spider.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A coyote.
7. What is the name of the good twin?
8. Where is the myth of Earth Starter from?
9. What is the name of the bad twin?
10. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
(a) He beat them down to a smaller size.
(b) He created twins for each of them.
(c) He killed them.
(d) He banished them to the forests.
11. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
12. How did the woman die?
(a) In the water.
(b) Of old age.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) She went back into the sky.
13. Who is the trickster in chapter 10?
(b) The old woman.
14. In chapter 9, what was the only thing that existed in the beginning?
(b) The earth.
15. How long was Turtle gone collecting earth?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came down from the sky?
2. Who instructed the animals to bring dirt up from the bottom of the water?
3. Who came to tempt the guard when Maidere left?
4. What curse did Maidere put on Dog?
5. What did Ulgen create after he banished Erlik?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)