|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maidere's answer to Ulgen's question?
(a) They needed education to be happy.
(b) They wanted to be able to die.
(c) They needed women to change.
(d) They were not having any fun.
2. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
(a) The breath of life.
(b) Woman's friend.
(d) A flute.
3. How much mud did Turtle bring back with him?
(a) A small amount under his nails.
(b) Enough to fill the raft.
(c) A bucket full.
(d) More than there was water on the earth.
4. What happened to all of the bandicoots in the area?
(a) Karora's sons at them all.
(b) Tjenterama banished them.
(c) They fell into the Karora Dip.
(d) The bandicoots married Karora's daughters.
5. What rose up above Karora and into the sky?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A giant tree.
(c) A strange bird.
(d) A great pole.
6. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
7. Where is the myth of Earth Starter from?
8. Earth Starter created a mud ball with the mud Turtle brought back, how large did it get?
(a) As big as the moon.
(b) As big as a nut.
(c) As large as the earth.
(d) As large as a star.
9. What did Tawis-karong create?
(a) Small animals and birds.
(b) The sky and the water.
(c) Birds of prey.
(d) Large beasts.
10. Where did Lisa live?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The east.
11. Why was the god upset?
(a) He wanted the old woman to feed him.
(b) There wasn't enough room between him and earth.
(c) The sky was too large.
(d) The earth was too far from him.
12. Why did Karora burst from the ground?
(a) Water flooded his slumber.
(b) He was tired of sleeping.
(c) Karora is still in the ground.
(d) Because there was light.
13. What did Ulgen create after he banished Erlik?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The earth.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The sky.
14. Who had power over the night?
(d) Nana Buluku.
15. Which three gods were born first?
(a) Earth, storm and iron.
(b) Earth, wind and fire.
(c) Forest, birds and beasts.
(d) Iron, wood and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with woman?
2. How long was Turtle gone collecting earth?
3. What type of animal is Tjenterama?
4. Who was on the raft with Turtle?
5. What did Erlik offer Dog?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)