|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three gods were born first?
(a) Iron, wood and water.
(b) Earth, storm and iron.
(c) Earth, wind and fire.
(d) Forest, birds and beasts.
2. How did the woman die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) She went back into the sky.
(c) In the water.
(d) In childbirth.
3. Who rode on a turtle's back.
(a) The woman.
(b) The child.
(c) The man.
(d) The bird.
4. What was the name of the eighth man Ulgen created?
(c) Old Man.
5. In chapter 9, what was the only thing that existed in the beginning?
(a) The earth.
6. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
(a) If he liked Erlik.
(b) To promise never to try to take his power.
(c) Why the other men never changed.
(d) If he would be his partner in creating the earth.
7. What is the name of the good twin?
8. Earth Starter created a mud ball with the mud Turtle brought back, how large did it get?
(a) As big as a nut.
(b) As large as the earth.
(c) As big as the moon.
(d) As large as a star.
9. What was the old woman doing when she poked Wulbari?
(a) Playing with children.
(b) Stirring a pot.
(c) Frying a fish.
(d) Setting up an alter.
10. What sprang up over where the divine woman was buried?
11. Who was covered with green slime when Turtle returned?
(d) Earth Starter.
12. What covered Karora as he slept?
(a) Ice and water.
(b) Animals, plants and earth.
(c) Soil, flowers and grass.
(d) Trees and rocks.
13. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
(a) A flute.
(b) A harp.
(c) A violin.
(d) A reed pipe.
14. Where does Karora lie asleep?
(a) On top of Tjenterama's body.
(b) At the bottom of the soak.
(c) At the bottom of the ocean.
(d) At the edge of the water.
15. Why did Turtle want Earth Starter to create land?
(a) So she could lay eggs.
(b) Because he wanted to get away from Pehe-ipe.
(c) So he could walk.
(d) So he could leave the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nayambi's wife?
2. Who was Earth Starters sister?
3. What sound brought Karora's son to life?
4. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
5. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)