|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in Ilbalintja?
2. Why was the god upset?
(a) There wasn't enough room between him and earth.
(b) The earth was too far from him.
(c) The sky was too large.
(d) He wanted the old woman to feed him.
3. Who was covered with green slime when Turtle returned?
(b) Earth Starter.
4. What was the old woman doing when she poked Wulbari?
(a) Stirring a pot.
(b) Setting up an alter.
(c) Frying a fish.
(d) Playing with children.
5. What covered Karora as he slept?
(a) Ice and water.
(b) Soil, flowers and grass.
(c) Trees and rocks.
(d) Animals, plants and earth.
6. Which three gods were born first?
(a) Forest, birds and beasts.
(b) Iron, wood and water.
(c) Earth, storm and iron.
(d) Earth, wind and fire.
7. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
(a) When the sun set.
(b) At sunrise.
(c) They did not have children.
(d) During the eclipse.
8. What is the myth in chapter 12 called by the Lozi people of Zambia?
(a) The Divine Myth.
(b) The Earth-Diver.
(c) The Creation Story.
(d) The Treefell.
9. What did Earth Starter create so that people could become young again?
(a) The woods.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A lake.
10. What did Earth Starter make last?
11. Who is the trickster in chapter 10?
(d) The old woman.
12. Who is the god of chapter 12?
13. What is Ananse?
(a) A coyote.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A spider.
(d) A mouse.
14. Who was left to guard the woman Maidere was trying to make?
15. Why did Spider lower a thread for Nyambi?
(a) So Spider could eath Nyambi.
(b) So Kamonu could find him.
(c) So he could escape Kamonu.
(d) So he could view his creations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trees did Ulgen create on earth?
2. What is the name of the water filled crater Karora formed?
3. What did Tawis-karong create?
4. How long was Turtle gone collecting earth?
5. How did the woman die?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)