|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to chapter 11, in the beginning there was only water and what?
(b) Water animals.
(d) Fish and sharks.
2. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
(a) A flute.
(b) The breath of life.
(c) Woman's friend.
3. Who is the trickster in chapter 10?
(d) The old woman.
4. What did Tawis-karong create?
(a) The sky and the water.
(b) Large beasts.
(c) Small animals and birds.
(d) Birds of prey.
5. Where did the Bandicoots come from?
(a) The sky above Karora.
(b) Karora's navel and armpits.
(c) Under the ground where Karora slept.
(d) Karora's mouth.
6. Who is the god of chapter 12?
7. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
(a) He killed them.
(b) He beat them down to a smaller size.
(c) He created twins for each of them.
(d) He banished them to the forests.
8. What did Maidere need Ulgen's help creating?
9. Why did Ulgen become upset with Erlik?
(a) Erlik tried to emulate Ulgen's powers.
(b) Erlik wouldn't let Ulgen create more people.
(c) Erlik wouldn't worship Ulgen.
(d) Erlik didn't like the animanls Ulgen created.
10. What is the name of the bad twin?
11. What did Earth Starter create so that people could become young again?
(b) A tomb.
(c) A lake.
(d) The woods.
12. What is a Bandicoot?
(a) A large rat.
(b) A type of mouse.
(c) A chinchilla.
(d) A small cat.
13. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
(a) Why the other men never changed.
(b) To promise never to try to take his power.
(c) If he liked Erlik.
(d) If he would be his partner in creating the earth.
14. What type of animal is Tjenterama?
(a) A kangaroo.
(b) A bandicoot.
(c) A wallaby.
(d) A koala.
15. What did Earth Starter make last?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nyambi ask Kamonu to stop killing animals?
2. Who instructed the animals to bring dirt up from the bottom of the water?
3. What is the myth in chapter 12 called by the Lozi people of Zambia?
4. What did Ulgen order Maidere to come down from the mountain and create?
5. How many children did the woman have?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)