|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the myth in chapter 12 called by the Lozi people of Zambia?
(a) The Treefell.
(b) The Divine Myth.
(c) The Earth-Diver.
(d) The Creation Story.
2. Where did Ulgen banish Erlik to as punishment?
(a) Down to be the leader of the dead spirits.
(b) To the sky to watch over the spirits.
(c) To the earth.
(d) To the ocean.
3. Who was left to guard the woman Maidere was trying to make?
4. Who instructed the animals to bring dirt up from the bottom of the water?
(a) The woman.
(b) The turtle.
(c) The fish.
(d) The beaver.
5. Why was Maidere angry with Dog?
(a) Dog was asleep.
(b) Dog didn't guard woman.
(c) Dog was woman's best friend.
(d) Dog wouldn't meet him at the door.
6. Where did Lisa live?
(a) The north.
(b) The west.
(c) The south.
(d) The east.
7. How did the woman react to Erlik's music?
(a) She began to talk.
(b) She turned to stone.
(c) She come to life.
(d) She went to sleep.
8. What is the name of the good twin?
9. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
(a) He banished them to the forests.
(b) He killed them.
(c) He beat them down to a smaller size.
(d) He created twins for each of them.
10. According to chapter 11, in the beginning there was only water and what?
(a) Fish and sharks.
(d) Water animals.
11. What was the name of the eighth man Ulgen created?
(a) Old Man.
12. How long was Turtle gone collecting earth?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five days.
13. How many children did the woman have?
14. Which brother won the duel?
15. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
(a) When the sun set.
(b) They did not have children.
(c) During the eclipse.
(d) At sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Karora burst from the ground?
2. How many trees did Ulgen create on earth?
3. Where did Turtle get the earth for Earth Starter?
4. Where did Mawu live?
5. What sprang up over where the divine woman was buried?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)