|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instructed the animals to bring dirt up from the bottom of the water?
(a) The beaver.
(b) The fish.
(c) The turtle.
(d) The woman.
2. Why did Turtle want Earth Starter to create land?
(a) Because he wanted to get away from Pehe-ipe.
(b) So she could lay eggs.
(c) So he could leave the raft.
(d) So he could walk.
3. Where did Ulgen banish Erlik to as punishment?
(a) To the sky to watch over the spirits.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) Down to be the leader of the dead spirits.
(d) To the earth.
4. What did Ulgen give the man?
(a) A spirit.
(c) Brothers and sisters.
(d) The sun, moon and stars.
5. How much mud did Turtle bring back with him?
(a) A bucket full.
(b) A small amount under his nails.
(c) More than there was water on the earth.
(d) Enough to fill the raft.
6. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) When the sun set.
(c) During the eclipse.
(d) They did not have children.
7. In chapter 6, Where did Ulgen see the face of a man?
(a) Among the trees.
(b) In the clouds in the sky.
(c) Floating on a piece of mud in the water.
(d) On a leaf in the water.
8. What was the name of the first man?
9. How many children did Great Mother have?
(b) Three, triplets.
(c) Two, twins.
10. What curse did Maidere put on Dog?
(a) He would grow fur.
(b) He would die.
(c) He would never be happy.
(d) He would be bald forever.
11. What was Maidere carrying when he came back from seeing Ulgen?
(a) Woman's friend.
(c) A flute.
(d) The breath of life.
12. What covered Karora as he slept?
(a) Soil, flowers and grass.
(b) Ice and water.
(c) Trees and rocks.
(d) Animals, plants and earth.
13. In chapter 9, what was the only thing that existed in the beginning?
(c) The earth.
14. Where did the Bandicoots come from?
(a) Karora's mouth.
(b) Karora's navel and armpits.
(c) Under the ground where Karora slept.
(d) The sky above Karora.
15. Who injured Tjenterama?
(b) The sun.
(c) Karora's sons.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman die?
2. What is Ananse?
3. Which brother won the duel?
4. What did Erlik offer Dog?
5. How did Ulgen and Erlik get along at first?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)