|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ulgen place the eighth tree?
(a) In a stream.
(b) Under the earth.
(c) On a green island.
(d) On a golden mountain.
2. When did Mawu and Lisa come together to have children?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) When the sun set.
(c) During the eclipse.
(d) They did not have children.
3. Why was the god upset?
(a) The sky was too large.
(b) The earth was too far from him.
(c) He wanted the old woman to feed him.
(d) There wasn't enough room between him and earth.
4. How did the woman react to Erlik's music?
(a) She turned to stone.
(b) She went to sleep.
(c) She come to life.
(d) She began to talk.
5. Who rode on a turtle's back.
(a) The woman.
(b) The child.
(c) The man.
(d) The bird.
6. What instrument did Erlik play for the woman?
(a) A reed pipe.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
7. What fell from the sky?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A bird.
(d) A man.
8. What rose up above Karora and into the sky?
(a) A strange bird.
(b) A great pole.
(c) A giant tree.
(d) A waterfall.
9. What is the name of the first man made by the god?
10. What sprang up over where the divine woman was buried?
11. What did Ulgen give the man?
(a) Brothers and sisters.
(c) A spirit.
(d) The sun, moon and stars.
12. What did Tijus-keha do to his brother's creations?
(a) He killed them.
(b) He beat them down to a smaller size.
(c) He banished them to the forests.
(d) He created twins for each of them.
13. Who had power over the night?
(d) Nana Buluku.
14. Where is the myth of Earth Starter from?
15. Where does Karora lie asleep?
(a) At the bottom of the ocean.
(b) At the bottom of the soak.
(c) At the edge of the water.
(d) On top of Tjenterama's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Tjenterama?
2. How much mud did Turtle bring back with him?
3. What did Ulgen ask Maidere?
4. How long was Turtle gone collecting earth?
5. What did Ulgen create after he banished Erlik?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)