|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith did Jagerstatter's cousin belong to?
2. What was lacking in Austria to make it a real "Fatherland" according to Jagerstatter ?
3. What does the tribunal tell Jagerstatter at the start of his trial?
4. Where was the train in Jagerstatter's dreams heading for?
5. Who did Jagerstatter's lawyer ask for help in convincing Jagerstatter to change his mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reason Jagerstatter gave for WWII as being an unjust war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the attitudes of his community toward his stance and analyze how it affected his family.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how the book, "In Solitary Witness", influences some to stand against future wars.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)