|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jagerstatter have the dream included in "On the Question of Our Day: Catholic or Nazi?"
2. What was lacking in Austria to make it a real "Fatherland" according to Jagerstatter ?
3. What did the court official plead with Jagerstatter to accept?
4. What point did Jagerstatter make about how the Nazi party would regard him even if he was to accept to join the military?
5. What did Jagerstatter's cousin do according to some in "A Train to Hell" and "The Martyr and His Village"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Jagerstatter's statement, "I am completely bound in inner union with the Lord."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the plebiscite and how it affected those in Austria.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)