|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author use the writing of Jagerstatter prior to his imprisonment for?
2. What does Zahn say might have been detrimental to his research?
3. What duty did Jagerstatter tell his wife and family that a man is not excused of?
4. When did Jagerstatter have the dream included in "On the Question of Our Day: Catholic or Nazi?"
5. When did Jagerstatter appear in court for his trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what you believe were the main reasons why Jagerstatter refused to serve in the Nazi party.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the views of the villagers with the views of Jagerstatter's family.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)