|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the majority of people in Jagerstatter 's village think of his death?
2. What was Jagerstatter's farewell letter written on?
3. What did some people try to do publicly?
4. What does the tribunal tell Jagerstatter at the start of his trial?
5. What did the author use the writing of Jagerstatter prior to his imprisonment for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jagerstatter's refusal to serve and analyze why he did not choose to join the Allied forces rather than serve under the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the beliefs of the Catholic Church and why Jagerstatter believed that Christians were meant to meet high principles.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)