|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jagerstatter find a lawyer?
2. What does Zahn say Jagerstatter did not refuse millitary service for?
3. What did some people try to do publicly?
4. What did Jagerstatter's lawyer know about the sentence?
5. When did Jagerstatter have the dream included in "On the Question of Our Day: Catholic or Nazi?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of the title, "In Solitary Witness" and what it implies about Jagerstatter.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the historical significance of Franz Jagerstatter's life and death.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)