|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the priest that chose exile?
2. What highway was Jagerstatter 's hometown located near?
3. Where did Jagerstatter go on his honeymoon?
4. How did Jagerstatter's father die?
5. Why did Furthauer give the position of sexton to Jagerstatter ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zahn note about Jagerstatter's personality in "The Young Ruffian"?
2. What did Jagerstatter remind his young daughters of?
3. What does Jagerstatter say about Christians?
4. What does Zahn note about Jagerstatter not deciding to hide?
5. What did Archbishop Rev. Jochmann say about Jagerstatter prior to his execution?
6. What does Zahn ask the reader to carefully consider in "An Introduction"?
7. What does Zahn explain about Jagerstatter avoiding taverns?
8. What does Zahn note about Fr. Karobath?
9. What did Jagerstatter say about the prison rules in a letter to his wife in "One of God's Special Friends"?
10. What did Mrs. Jagerstatter and the priest say Jagerstatter would have gladly fought for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Jagerstatter's statement, "I am completely bound in inner union with the Lord."
Essay Topic 3
Examine the beliefs of the Catholic Church and why Jagerstatter believed that Christians were meant to meet high principles.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)