|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zahn think Jagerstatter would want to avoid the local tavern?
2. Who influenced Jagerstatter's religious beliefs?
3. What did Jagerstatter decide it was not acceptable to do even for the sake of family?
4. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife not to do?
5. What possible explanation to the blotched nature of the April 9 letter does Zahn give?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Jagerstatter's memory of the other villagers?
2. What does Zahn note about Jagerstatter's personality in "The Young Ruffian"?
3. What does Zahn say about the articles focusing on his project?
4. What did Jagerstatter say about the prison rules in a letter to his wife in "One of God's Special Friends"?
5. What were the reasons given for Jagerstatter's exile from his village?
6. What could Jagerstatter's stance be used to measure according to Zahn?
7. What does Jagerstatter say about Christians?
8. What personal sacrifices did Jagerstatter make?
9. What did Fr. Baldinger say of Jagerstatter in an article published in 1963?
10. What does Zahn note about Fr. Karobath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jagerstatter's refusal to serve and analyze why he did not choose to join the Allied forces rather than serve under the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Jagerstatter's statement, "I am completely bound in inner union with the Lord."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jagerstatter is regarded in his village and in the Catholic Church.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)