|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jagerstatter 's wife say Jagerstatter continued to do, contrary to popular belief?
2. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife to do if asked about his convictions?
3. Who would have Jagerstatter visited before reporting to the military according to Zahn?
4. What prison was Jagerstatter transferred to?
5. Why would Jagerstatter avoid the local tavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zahn explain about Jagerstatter's mother and father?
2. What did Jagerstatter say in a letter home a few days after his sentence?
3. Why was Jagerstatter glad to not know the date of his death?
4. How did Jagerstatter refer to Hitler's advance into Austria?
5. What was the first document Zahn states related to Jagerstatter's prison time?
6. What did Archbishop Rev. Jochmann say about Jagerstatter prior to his execution?
7. What do the letters Jagerstatter sent to his wife while in prison include?
8. What does Zahn say of the young people he was able to interview?
9. What were the reasons given for Jagerstatter's exile from his village?
10. What did Fr. Baldinger say of Jagerstatter in an article published in 1963?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Jagerstatter is regarded in his village and in the Catholic Church.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how the book, "In Solitary Witness", influences some to stand against future wars.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the moral implications in Jagerstatter serving in the Nazi military and also the moral implications in Jagerstatter's decision to refuse to serve.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)