|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shrine did Jagerstatter make a pilgrimage to?
2. Where was Jagerstatter raised?
3. Who told most of the stories about Jagerstatter's youth?
4. How many daughters did Jagerstatter have with Mrs. Jagerstatter?
5. Why did Jagerstatter never consider hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jagerstatter's sentence?
2. What was the second document Zahn states related to Jagerstatter's prison time?
3. What was the opinion of most villagers according to "The Martyr and His Village"?
4. How did Jagerstatter's family see his actions?
5. Who did some people believe Jagerstatter was influenced by according to "A Train to Hell"?
6. What did Father Bernhard Kunza say Jagerstatter could not reconcile?
7. What does Zahn ask the reader to carefully consider in "An Introduction"?
8. What does Zahn note about the final day of Jagerstatter's stay in St. Radegund?
9. What does Zahn explain about Jagerstatter's mother and father?
10. What was Linzer Volksblatt and how did it effect Zahn's research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reason Jagerstatter gave for WWII as being an unjust war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the attitudes of his community toward his stance and analyze how it affected his family.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the views of the villagers with the views of Jagerstatter's family.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)