|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequences were there for Jagerstatter because of the rumor he fathered an illegitimate daughter?
2. Why was Jagerstatter's vote eliminated from the count?
3. What was Jagerstatter's role at his church?
4. Why did Furthauer give the position of sexton to Jagerstatter ?
5. How did Jagerstatter qualify the Nazi regime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jagerstatter accused of regarding his farming?
2. Who did Jagerstatter seek approval from according to "The Martyr and His Church"?
3. What were the reasons given for Jagerstatter's exile from his village?
4. What does Zahn note about Fr. Karobath?
5. What warning does Fr. Baldinger offer?
6. Who was Robert Merton and what definition of his does Zahn use?
7. How did Jagerstatter refer to Hitler's advance into Austria?
8. What did some people feel about Jagerstatter's change according to "The New Man"?
9. What sin does Jagerstatter refer to in one of his commentaries?
10. How did the Nazi party try to win over opposition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what you believe were the main reasons why Jagerstatter refused to serve in the Nazi party.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the change in the Catholic Church from before Hitler came to power and after Hitler came to power, focusing on the changes seen in the Catholic Church.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Jagerstatter's reliance on priests and his bishop and why he sought assurance of his refusal to serve.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)