|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newspaper that ran a story about Zahn's research called?
2. What day does Charles Zahn say there is little information about?
3. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife he could not receive in the April 9 letter?
4. Who said she knew about Jagerstatter's alleged daughter?
5. How did Jagerstatter qualify the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first document Zahn states related to Jagerstatter's prison time?
2. How did Jagerstatter refer to Hitler's advance into Austria?
3. What did Jagerstatter refuse from the government?
4. What was a loophole avoided by medical personnel?
5. What did Fr. Baldinger say of Jagerstatter in an article published in 1963?
6. What does Zahn note about Fr. Karobath?
7. What did fellow prisoners say about Jagerstatter?
8. How did the Nazi party try to win over opposition?
9. What was the opinion of most villagers according to "The Martyr and His Village"?
10. What did the town host, according to "St. Radegund"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the moral implications in Jagerstatter serving in the Nazi military and also the moral implications in Jagerstatter's decision to refuse to serve.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jagerstatter's refusal to serve and analyze why he did not choose to join the Allied forces rather than serve under the Nazi regime.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the historical significance of Franz Jagerstatter's life and death.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)