|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahn say didn't impact Jagerstatter ?
(a) His daughter's plea for him to stay safe.
(b) His wife's resentment toward his cousin.
(c) The principles of the sect.
(d) His mother's weak health.
2. What does the tribunal tell Jagerstatter at the start of his trial?
(a) That he had the right to pick a better attorney.
(b) That the trial was just a formality and that his execution was already being planned.
(c) That a bribe would go a long way.
(d) That to refuse military service would equate death.
3. What was "creeping in upon us" according to Jagerstatter?
(a) National Socialism.
(b) The law.
4. Who helped Jagerstatter find a lawyer?
(a) A friend.
(b) His village priest.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. Who did Jagerstatter's farewell letter transferred by?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(c) The prison priest.
(d) Prison authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Nazis allow people to be privately devoted to their personal convictions?
2. What did Jagerstatter admire about his cousin's faith?
3. What did Jagerstatter not reveal to his wife when he wrote her a few days after the sentencing?
4. Who did Jagerstatter tell his wife not to think evil of?
5. What was lacking in Austria to make it a real "Fatherland" according to Jagerstatter ?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)