|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tribunal tell Jagerstatter at the start of his trial?
(a) That the trial was just a formality and that his execution was already being planned.
(b) That a bribe would go a long way.
(c) That to refuse military service would equate death.
(d) That he had the right to pick a better attorney.
2. Who came to visit Jagerstatter with a priest?
(a) The pope.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. Where did Jagerstatter promise his children to meet them?
(a) On earth or heaven.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In heaven.
(d) At home.
4. What did Zahn take as an indication of the fact that there might have been more animosity between Mrs. Jagerstatter and the villagers than people are inclined to remember?
(a) She used pictures of the inhabitants of the village for target practice.
(b) She cried during the interview.
(c) She called the inhabitants by their first name.
(d) She didn't allow any of the inhabitants of the village on her property.
5. What was "creeping in upon us" according to Jagerstatter?
(b) The law.
(d) National Socialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jagerstatter's sentence?
2. What was the name of the chaplain whose memoir Zahn used?
3. When was Jagerstatter allowed to write letters in his Berlin prison?
4. What did Jagerstatter urge his wife and children to do?
5. What did Jagerstatter admire about his cousin's faith?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)