|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jagerstatter report for military service?
2. What did Jagerstatter refuse?
(a) Government subsidies.
(b) Food donations.
(c) The rule of the law.
(d) To go to Berlin.
3. What highway was Jagerstatter 's hometown located near?
(a) The highway that leads to Salzburg.
(b) The highway that leads to Nuremberg.
(c) The highway that leads to Cologne.
(d) The highway that leads to Berlin.
4. What did Jagerstatter do before leaving for service?
(a) Tried to hide.
(b) Spend time drinking.
(c) Seek advice from different people.
(d) Tried to finish planting his crops.
5. What land did Jagerstatter's stepfather own?
(a) The Yagermaster store.
(b) The Meinster theater.
(c) The Strauss pool.
(d) The Leherbauer land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people describe Jagerstatter in his youth?
2. When was the April 9 letter written?
3. What was the newspaper that ran a story about Zahn's research called?
4. What did the priest Jagerstatter talked to fear?
5. What did Gregoire B say Jagerstatter had a fanatical love for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a loophole avoided by medical personnel?
2. What sin does Jagerstatter refer to in one of his commentaries?
3. What framework does Zahn focus on in "The Martyr as Rebel: A Sociological Summary"?
4. What did Jagerstatter remind his young daughters of?
5. What did fellow prisoners say about Jagerstatter?
6. What did Zahn conclude that Jagerstatter's stance exemplified?
7. What was Jagerstatter's sentence?
8. What did Jagerstatter say about the prison rules in a letter to his wife in "One of God's Special Friends"?
9. What does Zahn note about the final day of Jagerstatter's stay in St. Radegund?
10. Who was Robert Merton and what definition of his does Zahn use?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)