|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife he did?
(a) Converted two condemned men.
(b) Dug a tunnel to escape.
(c) Learned a new language.
(d) Struck a friendship with a SS man.
2. What did Rev. Franz Baldinger tell Jagerstatter to accept?
(a) That he would have to serve in the military.
(b) That he was chosen.
(c) That the Nazi regime was good for Christians.
(d) That he would die.
3. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife not to do?
(a) Go into hiding.
(b) Try to brake him out of prison.
(c) Visit him in prison.
(d) Post bail.
4. How many daughters did Jagerstatter have with Mrs. Jagerstatter?
(a) 5 daughters.
(b) 3 daughters.
(c) 1 daughter.
(d) 2 daughters.
5. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife he was glad he didn't know the date of?
(a) His death.
(b) His trial.
(c) His deployment.
(d) His appeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jagerstatter report for duty?
2. Who would have Jagerstatter visited before reporting to the military according to Zahn?
3. What did Jagerstatter refuse?
4. What was the name of the priest that chose exile?
5. What shrine did Jagerstatter make a pilgrimage to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Nazi party try to win over opposition?
2. What was the second document Zahn states related to Jagerstatter's prison time?
3. How did Jagerstatter refer to Hitler's advance into Austria?
4. What does Zahn note about Jagerstatter not deciding to hide?
5. What did fellow prisoners say about Jagerstatter?
6. What was Jagerstatter's sentence?
7. What framework does Zahn focus on in "The Martyr as Rebel: A Sociological Summary"?
8. What sin does Jagerstatter refer to in one of his commentaries?
9. Who probably influenced Jagerstatter's religious tendencies?
10. What did Jagerstatter remind his young daughters of?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)