|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Zahn give for the villager's attitude after the execution of Jagerstatter?
(a) They didn't want to have Mrs. Jagerstatter cry in front of them.
(b) They wanted to avoid any indication of aiding a Nazi subversive.
(c) They wanted to take over her farm.
(d) They were too busy with the Russian advance to care.
2. Where did Jagerstatter's party stop on their way to Berlin?
3. What did the majority of the people in Jagerstatter 's village think he should have done?
(a) Join the military.
(c) Bribe the judges.
(d) Defect to Russia.
4. Who helped Jagerstatter find a lawyer?
(a) His wife.
(b) A friend.
(c) His village priest.
(d) His mother.
5. Who did Jagerstatter's lawyer ask for help in convincing Jagerstatter to change his mind?
(a) His best friend.
(b) The judge.
(c) His wife.
(d) The prison's chaplain.
6. What type of organization likely had no contact with Jagerstatter ?
(a) Organized Nazi resistance.
(c) American envoys.
(d) Farming union.
7. Where did Jagerstatter promise his children to meet them?
(a) On earth or heaven.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In Berlin.
(d) At home.
8. What faith did Jagerstatter's cousin belong to?
(a) Jehovah's Witness.
9. Why did the Nazis allow people to be privately devoted to their personal convictions?
(a) Because it was busy with the war.
(b) Because it damaged the Church.
(c) Because it was easier for the police.
(d) Because they could not monitor everyone.
10. What was "creeping in upon us" according to Jagerstatter?
(b) National Socialism.
(d) The law.
11. Who was assigned to defend Jagerstatter in military court?
(a) F.L. Muntenberg.
(b) F.L. Feldmann.
(c) F.L. Mayer.
(d) F.L. Reichmann.
12. What does Zahn say didn't impact Jagerstatter ?
(a) His mother's weak health.
(b) The principles of the sect.
(c) His wife's resentment toward his cousin.
(d) His daughter's plea for him to stay safe.
13. What did Jagerstatter urge his wife and children to do?
(a) To send him money.
(b) Pray for his captors.
(c) Not to forget him.
(d) To try to break him free.
14. What did the court official plead with Jagerstatter to accept?
(a) Time in prison.
(b) A new lawyer.
(c) A fine.
(d) To accept a non-combat position.
15. Why wasn't rejecting the Nazi Party an automatic death sentence?
(a) The Nazis were trying to win opposition over.
(b) There were loopholes in the law.
(c) The judges were easily bribed.
(d) The firing squads were not sharp shooters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jagerstatter appear in court for his trial?
2. What did the majority of people in Jagerstatter 's village think of his death?
3. What did Jagerstatter's lawyer know about the sentence?
4. What did Zahn take as an indication of the fact that there might have been more animosity between Mrs. Jagerstatter and the villagers than people are inclined to remember?
5. Who insisted that Jagerstatter's name was included on the monument?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)