|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the highway was Jagerstatter's home town located?
(a) About 5 miles.
(b) About 10 miles.
(c) About 7 miles.
(d) About 1 mile.
2. What shrine did Jagerstatter make a pilgrimage to?
3. What does Zahn say Jagerstatter's home town had little of because of its remote location?
4. What prison was Jagerstatter transferred to?
5. What did Jagerstatter refuse?
(a) To go to Berlin.
(b) Food donations.
(c) Government subsidies.
(d) The rule of the law.
6. What does Charles Zahn say about the new priest and Jagerstatter's relationship?
(a) They became friends.
(b) They ignored each other.
(c) They never became close.
(d) They became enemies.
7. What did Jagerstatter sometimes do for the needy?
(a) Give them shelter.
(b) Give them liquor.
(c) Give them money.
(d) Distribute food.
8. Why was a man hiding near Jagerstatter 's village?
(a) He did not want to serve.
(b) He was a Jew.
(c) He was homosexual.
(d) He was a Russian.
9. What was the name of the priest that chose exile?
(a) Fr. Heinst.
(b) Fr. Karobath.
(c) Fr. Maruch.
(d) Fr. Rorshak.
10. What did the priest Jagerstatter talked to fear?
(a) That Jagerstatter was a Nazi spy.
(b) That his Russian spy cover had been blown.
(c) That he would give bad advice.
(d) That Jagerstatter wanted to die.
11. What did Gregoire B say Jagerstatter had a fanatical love for?
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His country, Austria.
12. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife he was glad he didn't know the date of?
(a) His trial.
(b) His appeal.
(c) His death.
(d) His deployment.
13. What vote was proposed to the people of Austria concerning Germany?
(a) To vote whether or not attack France together.
(b) To vote whether or not to be attached to Nazi Germany.
(c) To vote whether or not to join their army.
(d) To vote whether or not become Communist.
14. Why did Furthauer give the position of sexton to Jagerstatter ?
(a) He noted his attendance at Sunday Mass.
(b) He noted his attendance at daily Mass.
(c) Jagerstatter asked for the position.
(d) Jagerstatter gave a sizable donation to the church.
15. What role did the priest that chose exile have in Jagerstatter's life?
(a) He was his uncle.
(b) He was his godfather.
(c) He was his childhood friend.
(d) He was his spiritual advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the priest choose exile?
2. Who influenced Jagerstatter's religious beliefs?
3. What consequences were there for Jagerstatter because of the rumor he fathered an illegitimate daughter?
4. What decision was not a surprise for Jagerstatter's wife?
5. What did Jagerstatter volunteer to do for the child?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)