|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land did Jagerstatter's stepfather own?
(a) The Leherbauer land.
(b) The Yagermaster store.
(c) The Strauss pool.
(d) The Meinster theater.
2. What was Jagerstatter accused of after the vote?
(a) Putting the village at risk.
(b) Being a Nazi spy.
(c) Being a Communist.
(d) Not producing enough on his farm.
3. What vote was proposed to the people of Austria concerning Germany?
(a) To vote whether or not to be attached to Nazi Germany.
(b) To vote whether or not become Communist.
(c) To vote whether or not to join their army.
(d) To vote whether or not attack France together.
4. How did people describe Jagerstatter in his youth?
(a) Somewhat wild.
(b) Very pious.
5. How did Jagerstatter qualify the Nazi regime?
(b) Too perfect.
(d) Bound to fail.
6. Why would Jagerstatter avoid the local tavern?
(a) Because he was in a 12 step program.
(b) Because he didn't like to drink.
(c) To live a more spiritual life.
(d) Because he didn't like the smoke.
7. What shrine did Jagerstatter make a pilgrimage to?
8. Who influenced Jagerstatter's religious beliefs?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His stepfather.
9. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife to do if asked about his convictions?
(a) To hide them.
(b) To tell she did not share them.
(c) To ignore the question.
(d) To tell the truth.
10. What did Jagerstatter sometimes do for the needy?
(a) Give them liquor.
(b) Distribute food.
(c) Give them shelter.
(d) Give them money.
11. Where did Jagerstatter report for military service?
12. What was Jagerstatter's role at his church?
13. What was common knowledge in Jagerstatter's village according to Zahn?
(a) Jagerstatter's refusal to serve in the Nazi military.
(b) That Jagerstatter was Jewish.
(c) That the Nazis were losing the war.
(d) That Jagerstatter was insane.
14. What did the priest Jagerstatter talked to fear?
(a) That his Russian spy cover had been blown.
(b) That Jagerstatter wanted to die.
(c) That Jagerstatter was a Nazi spy.
(d) That he would give bad advice.
15. What consequences were there for Jagerstatter because of the rumor he fathered an illegitimate daughter?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He was put in the stockade.
(c) He was stoned.
(d) He was exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zahn say Jagerstatter underwent before his arrest?
2. Why did the priest choose exile?
3. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife he did?
4. How did Jagerstatter's father die?
5. What role was Jagerstatter playing in the play at his home town?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)