|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jagerstatter decide it was not acceptable to do even for the sake of family?
(a) To accept charity.
(b) To fight.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To do wrong.
2. What did Rev. Franz Baldinger tell Jagerstatter to accept?
(a) That he would have to serve in the military.
(b) That he would die.
(c) That he was chosen.
(d) That the Nazi regime was good for Christians.
3. Who did the young Jagerstatter discipline?
(a) A man that married a woman much younger than him.
(b) A woman for being promiscuous.
(c) A man for being Jewish.
(d) A child for being naughty.
4. What does Zahn say Jagerstatter's hometown was too small to have?
(a) Its own post office.
(b) Its own bar.
(c) Its own recruitment station.
(d) Its own fire department.
5. What vote did Jagerstatter cast?
(c) He voted blank.
(d) He did not vote.
6. Who does Jagerstatter say were always persecuted?
(b) Freedom fighters.
7. What does Zahn say Hitler did?
(a) Fought bravely.
(b) Created an empire of fear.
(c) Enslaved the German population.
(d) Brought Europe to its knees.
8. What decision was not a surprise for Jagerstatter's wife?
(a) His unwillingness to follow his heart.
(b) His refusal to serve in the military.
(c) His refusal to attend mass.
(d) His willingness to defect to Russia.
9. What did Jagerstatter tell his wife to do if asked about his convictions?
(a) To tell the truth.
(b) To ignore the question.
(c) To hide them.
(d) To tell she did not share them.
10. What day does Charles Zahn say there is little information about?
(a) Jagerstatter's voting habits.
(b) Jagerstatter's youth.
(c) The last day of Jagerstatter in his hometown.
(d) Jagerstatter's siblings.
11. What highway was Jagerstatter 's hometown located near?
(a) The highway that leads to Salzburg.
(b) The highway that leads to Berlin.
(c) The highway that leads to Cologne.
(d) The highway that leads to Nuremberg.
12. Why did Jagerstatter never consider hiding?
(a) He feared for his family.
(b) He didn't think it was possible.
(c) He had decided to give his life as a statement.
(d) He didn't know how to survive in the forest.
13. Who influenced Jagerstatter's religious beliefs?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
14. Who would have Jagerstatter visited before reporting to the military according to Zahn?
(a) The priest.
(b) His mother.
(c) His psychiatrist.
(d) His ex wife.
15. What prison was Jagerstatter transferred to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What play was Jagerstatter 's town hosting?
2. Why was a man hiding near Jagerstatter 's village?
3. Who told most of the stories about Jagerstatter's youth?
4. What was Jagerstatter the first to have in his village?
5. What did Jagerstatter volunteer to do for the child?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)