|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Train to Hell and The Martyr and His Village.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible explanation to the blotched nature of the April 9 letter does Zahn give?
(a) It might be his or his wife's tears.
(b) The dog might have eaten the letter.
(c) Jagerstatter's daughter might have drooled on it.
(d) It was raining when the letter was delivered.
2. Where was Jagerstatter moved to prior to his death?
3. Why did Jagerstatter never consider hiding?
(a) He didn't know how to survive in the forest.
(b) He feared for his family.
(c) He didn't think it was possible.
(d) He had decided to give his life as a statement.
4. What faith did Jagerstatter's cousin belong to?
(d) Jehovah's Witness.
5. Why did Furthauer give the position of sexton to Jagerstatter ?
(a) Jagerstatter gave a sizable donation to the church.
(b) He noted his attendance at daily Mass.
(c) He noted his attendance at Sunday Mass.
(d) Jagerstatter asked for the position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did both Mrs. Jagerstatter and the priest in Jagerstatter 's village say Jagerstatter would have fought for?
2. What was the Nazi Party long opposed to according to Jagerstatter ?
3. What does Zahn say Jagerstatter's hometown was too small to have?
4. Why did Mary think the villagers were not inclined to talk with Zahn?
5. What reason did the prison chaplain give to Jagerstatter to try to convince him to accept a position in the millitary?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)