|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6 as “a Czech whose mother had survived the first selection only to die within the next few hours”?
(c) Sister Catherine.
2. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to the appearance of the face?
3. Who harasses the Catholic novices when they light a candle in the Hunger Cell in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
(b) G. Earwig.
(d) Aharon Appelfeld.
4. What personal torment does “Big Erna” describe when she stands before the attendees in the dining area in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10?
(a) Her children’s illnesses and deaths.
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) The bombing of her home.
(d) Unjust imprisonment.
5. How many synagogues does Erna say used to serve Oswiecim in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Erna tells Olin in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10 that the few Jews that returned to Oswiecim were expelled in what year by Communists?
2. Who tells the story about the Jewish family hiding in a secret hiding place in a Warsaw house and was then discovered by the Gestapo because of the little girl who wouldn’t stop crying in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 7?
3. At least how many prisoners died at Auschwitz during the Holocaust?
4. What word is used to describe the ram’s horn blown as a wind instrument in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
5. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10 means lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)