|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clements Olin’s maternal grandfather?
(a) Dr. Schwartz.
(b) Dr. Appelfeld.
(c) Dr. Glock.
(d) Dr. Allgeier.
2. What word from the novel refers to an Israeli community settlement, usually agricultural, that is organized under collectivist principles?
3. What is the name of the camp that the traveler has come to in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) The Gross-Rosen concentration camp.
(b) The Chelmno extermination camp.
(c) The Mauthausen-Gusen camp.
(d) The Auschwitz concentration camp.
4. Who tells the story about the Jewish family hiding in a secret hiding place in a Warsaw house and was then discovered by the Gestapo because of the little girl who wouldn’t stop crying in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 7?
(b) Sister Catherine.
(d) Sister Ann-Marie.
5. What does the traveler attempt to give to Wanda before the couple departs, leaving him at the concentration camp, in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A piece of amber.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A pearl bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Brick Gothic church that was “destroyed in the thirteenth century by Asian Tatars” and rebuilt in the fourteenth century, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
2. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 7 means resisting authority or control, or disobedient?
3. How many synagogues does Erna say used to serve Oswiecim in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10?
4. What is Dr. Stern’s specialization, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
5. When was Tadeusz Borowski born?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)