|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the traveler recall having said to him of his trip to Poland, “You really have no choice about it, do you?” in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Who does the traveler say “styled herself ‘a Queen of Poland’” and displayed the Cecilia Gallerani portrait in the Royal Palace, in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
(a) Mary Höss.
(b) Maria Levi.
(c) Emilie Schwarz.
(d) Brigitte Frank.
3. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6 means causing insidious harm or ruin?
4. Where does the narrator say that Dr. D. Clements Olin was born in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
5. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5 refers to people of noble or high rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews does the traveler tell his companions were murdered after World War II in Poland in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of Ben Lama’s retreat assistant, according to the narrator in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
3. What was Josef Mengele’s nickname?
4. To whom does Ben Lama offer the microphone after opening the meeting following dinner at the museum auditorium in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
5. Who is the young man that Olin encounters outside of a cottage by the concentration camp and holding a blueprint in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)