|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal torment does “Big Erna” describe when she stands before the attendees in the dining area in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10?
(a) Unjust imprisonment.
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) The bombing of her home.
(d) Her children’s illnesses and deaths.
2. Where does the narrator say Dr. Olin attended university in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
(b) New York.
3. What does Mr. Earwig say his first name is in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
4. Of the visitor, the narrator says in the conclusion of Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2, “The oppression seeping from these walls, he thinks, can only be deepened by his own misgivings as to” what?
(a) “Why he has come here in the first place.”
(b) “Who he really is.”
(c) “His guilt in the entire affair.”
(d) “What happened here fifty years ago.”
5. In what year did Josef Mengele join the Nazi Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Governor General of Occupied Poland that confiscated the portrait of Cecilia Gallerani, according to the traveler in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
2. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 9 means of doubtful authorship or authenticity?
3. What year does the narrator say it is in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
4. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6 refers to a person who is friendly to or admires England or English customs, etc.?
5. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 10 means lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)