|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Professor Adina Schreier is a teacher and historian from what country?
2. Who was the commandant of Auschwitz concentration camp from May 1940 to November 1943?
(a) Rudolf Höss.
(b) Franz Xaver Schwarz.
(c) Hanz Frank.
(d) Aharon Appelfeld.
3. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4 refers to the distribution of light and shade in a picture?
4. Of the visitor, the narrator says in the conclusion of Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2, “The oppression seeping from these walls, he thinks, can only be deepened by his own misgivings as to” what?
(a) “Who he really is.”
(b) “His guilt in the entire affair.”
(c) “Why he has come here in the first place.”
(d) “What happened here fifty years ago.”
5. What word from the novel refers to an Israeli community settlement, usually agricultural, that is organized under collectivist principles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the retreat attendee that is described in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “a makeshift Tibetan Buddhist from New Jersey”?
2. Who does Dr. Stern describe as “Me-firsters even in grief, these people” in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
3. What is Dr. Stern’s specialization, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
4. To whom does Ben Lama offer the microphone after opening the meeting following dinner at the museum auditorium in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
5. In what room does the traveler eat leftover food after his arrival at the concentration camp in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)