|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Dr. Olin attended university in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
(d) New York.
2. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to weariness from bodily or mental exertion?
3. What year does the narrator say it is in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
4. What Polish province was “a hub for seasonal harvest labor transported across northern Europe” prior to World War II, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
5. In what room does the traveler eat leftover food after his arrival at the concentration camp in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) The coronation room.
(b) The selection platform.
(c) The gas chamber.
(d) The SS mess hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary work of Tadeusz Borowski is described in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
2. What month is it that the traveler arrives in Poland in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
3. The narrator describes Dr. Stern in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “one of those perverse intellectuals who enjoy the role of” what?
4. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4 refers to the distribution of light and shade in a picture?
5. Who painted Young Woman with Ermine?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)