|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Russian poet Anna Akhmatova born?
2. The traveler is said to have once been a resident of what location in the U.S. in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Queens, New York.
(c) New Brunswick, New Jersey.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
3. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 refers to the condition in which sexual gratification depends on causing pain or degradation to others?
4. Which of the retreat attendees is described in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “unaffiliated” in terms of religion and as having “no indicated nationality”?
(b) G. Earwig.
5. What object does Dr. Olin recall “collapsing upon itself in an October field in the New England dusk” “as the loneliest thing he’d ever seen,” according to the narrator in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
(a) An old car.
(b) A train car.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the retreat to last, according to Dr. Stern in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
2. Where does the narrator say that Dr. D. Clements Olin was born in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
3. What word is used to describe the ram’s horn blown as a wind instrument in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
4. When does the traveler describe southwest Poland having been seized by the Third Reich and Jews driven to the ghetto in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
5. Dr. Stern describes the retreatants at the concentration camp as having come from how many countries in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)