|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object?
2. What is the name of the camp that the traveler has come to in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) The Gross-Rosen concentration camp.
(b) The Auschwitz concentration camp.
(c) The Mauthausen-Gusen camp.
(d) The Chelmno extermination camp.
3. When was Tadeusz Borowski born?
4. What does Wanda read on the sign as the young couple enters the gates at the compound to drop off the traveler in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) Heil Hitler.
(b) Jedem das Seine.
(c) Le travail rend libre!
(d) Arbeit macht frei.
5. Dr. Stern tells Dr. Olin in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 that the majority of the attendees at the retreat are Jews and Christians from what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does the narrator describe the road following “westward across the frozen landscape” in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
2. How many Jews does the traveler tell his companions were murdered after World War II in Poland in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the old Jewish quarter where the traveler and his young tour guides stop at a café in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
4. What does the traveler attempt to give to Wanda before the couple departs, leaving him at the concentration camp, in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
5. When does the traveler describe southwest Poland having been seized by the Third Reich and Jews driven to the ghetto in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)