|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the traveler attempt to give to Wanda before the couple departs, leaving him at the concentration camp, in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) A pearl bracelet.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A piece of amber.
2. What word used in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object?
3. What word used in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 means general or universal?
4. What river does the narrator describe the road following “westward across the frozen landscape” in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) The Vistula River.
(b) The Oka River.
(c) The Elbe River.
(d) The Danube River.
5. The narrator describes Dr. Stern in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “one of those perverse intellectuals who enjoy the role of” what?
(a) “The priest.”
(b) “The student.”
(c) “The buffoon.”
(d) “The professor.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the retreat attendee that is described in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “a makeshift Tibetan Buddhist from New Jersey”?
2. How many “pilgrims” does Dr. Stern say have come to attend the retreat in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
3. In what room does the traveler eat leftover food after his arrival at the concentration camp in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
4. Who is the survivor-writer that is quoted in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 has having said “The Holocaust belongs to the type of enormous experience that reduces one to silence. Any utterance, any statement, any ‘answer’ is tiny, meaningless, and occasionally ridiculous”?
5. Who was the Governor General of Occupied Poland that confiscated the portrait of Cecilia Gallerani, according to the traveler in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)