|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes Dr. Stern in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “one of those perverse intellectuals who enjoy the role of” what?
(a) “The priest.”
(b) “The professor.”
(c) “The buffoon.”
(d) “The student.”
2. Where was Clements Olin’s mother’s family from?
3. Dr. Stern describes the retreatants at the concentration camp as having come from how many countries in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
4. Who harasses the Catholic novices when they light a candle in the Hunger Cell in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
(b) Aharon Appelfeld.
(c) G. Earwig.
5. The retreat’s unofficial “spiritual leader” is nicknamed what, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
(b) Ben Lama.
(c) Hanz Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the Christian prayer service that Olin attends with Professor Adina Schreier in the beginning of Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6?
2. Who tells the story about the Jewish family hiding in a secret hiding place in a Warsaw house and was then discovered by the Gestapo because of the little girl who wouldn’t stop crying in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 7?
3. Where is Dr. Stern said to be from in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6?
4. The man who points out the different locations at the camp in the dormitory in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 says to the traveler, “Why do you stare, if I may ask? You never see” what before?
5. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to weariness from bodily or mental exertion?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)