|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6 as “a Czech whose mother had survived the first selection only to die within the next few hours”?
(c) Sister Catherine.
2. When was the Russian poet Anna Akhmatova born?
3. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6 means causing insidious harm or ruin?
4. What river does the narrator describe the road following “westward across the frozen landscape” in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
(a) The Oka River.
(b) The Vistula River.
(c) The Danube River.
(d) The Elbe River.
5. Who leads the Christian prayer service that Olin attends with Professor Adina Schreier in the beginning of Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6?
(a) Sister Catherine.
(b) Sister Angela.
(c) Sister Maria.
(d) Sister Ann-Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Clements Olin’s maternal grandfather?
2. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 means ostentatious in one’s learning, or overly concerned with minute formalisms?
3. When was Tadeusz Borowski born?
4. What hereditary class does the narrator say Old Baron Olinski had brought his antique red leather boots to the New World to denote, in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
5. Professor Adina Schreier is a teacher and historian from what country?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)