|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the story about the Jewish family hiding in a secret hiding place in a Warsaw house and was then discovered by the Gestapo because of the little girl who wouldn’t stop crying in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 7?
(a) Sister Ann-Marie.
(c) Sister Catherine.
2. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 means ostentatious in one’s learning, or overly concerned with minute formalisms?
3. Where is Dr. Stern said to be from in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 6?
4. To whom does Ben Lama offer the microphone after opening the meeting following dinner at the museum auditorium in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
(a) Hanz Frank.
(b) Father Mikal.
(c) Viktor Frankl.
(d) Rabbi Dan.
5. What word from Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2 refers to the appearance of the face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Earwig say his first name is in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
2. What is Dr. Stern’s first name in the novel?
3. Where was Pope John Paul II born?
4. How many Jews does the traveler tell his companions were murdered after World War II in Poland in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 2?
5. Who harasses the Catholic novices when they light a candle in the Hunger Cell in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 4?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)