|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary work of Tadeusz Borowski is described in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
(a) Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates.
(b) This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen.
(c) The Metamorphosis.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
2. When was Tadeusz Borowski born?
3. What word used in Part III: “Dancing at Auschwitz,” Chapter 12 means marked by characteristics of an earlier period, or antiquated?
4. The narrator says in Part III: “Dancing at Auschwitz,” Chapter 12 that “Olin’s brief marriage ended in divorce on grounds of what his wife’s attorney cited as” what?
(a) “Addiction to adultery.”
(b) “Homosexual tendencies.”
(c) “Alienation of the affections.”
(d) “Alcoholism and abuse.”
5. The narrator describes Dr. Stern in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3 as “one of those perverse intellectuals who enjoy the role of” what?
(a) “The priest.”
(b) “The professor.”
(c) “The buffoon.”
(d) “The student.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Dr. Olin attended university in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
2. What is Dr. Stern’s specialization, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
3. Where does the narrator say that Dr. D. Clements Olin was born in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
4. What hereditary class does the narrator say Old Baron Olinski had brought his antique red leather boots to the New World to denote, in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
5. When was Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn born?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)