|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands against the “diabolical” concept of dancing at Auschwitz and condemns those who danced, regardless of the fact that he’d joined in, in Part III: “Dancing at Auschwitz,” Chapter 11?
(a) Rabbi Dan.
(b) Rabbi Glock.
(c) G. Earwig.
(d) Father Mikal.
2. When was Christian Europe saved “from the Mongol hordes,” according to the narrator in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
3. What word from Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5 refers to people of noble or high rank?
4. What word used in Part III: “Dancing at Auschwitz,” Chapter 12 means marked by characteristics of an earlier period, or antiquated?
5. In what year did Rudolf Höss join the Nazi Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. The retreat’s unofficial “spiritual leader” is nicknamed what, according to the narrator in Part I: “A Guest of Poland,” Chapter 3?
2. What word from the novel refers to the religious official of a synagogue who conducts the liturgical portion of a service and sings or chants the prayers?
3. How old was Olin when he was sent away to boarding school, according to the narrator in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
4. When was the Russian poet Anna Akhmatova born?
5. What hereditary class does the narrator say Old Baron Olinski had brought his antique red leather boots to the New World to denote, in Part II: “In the Ogre’s Cave,” Chapter 5?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)