Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the person from #101 traveling?
2. What sport do Nick and his friends enjoy on this trip?
3. What are Mr. and Mrs. Elliot unsuccessful at achieving?
4. What do Nick and his friend realize as they talk?
5. What does Nick fix for breakfast?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Hemingway is a master at character study in the scene in Chapter 3 when Nick and Marjorie break up. What body language does Hemingway give the characters? What does their dialogue reveal--or not--about how they are feeling?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Nick Adams. What are his similarities to Hemingway? Do you think Nick's character was based on Hemingway himself as some believe? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Agnes von Kurowsky. Why is she important to Nick? Is it because she is caring for his physical wounds? Would Nick have fallen in love with Agnes if they had met in different circumstances? Explain.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)