|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Nick's friend's plans after this vacation?
(a) Go back to the U.S. to finish his education
(b) Start his own plumbing business
(c) Get married to his childhood sweetheart
(d) Go back to work on Wall Street
2. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
(a) A hotel in Italy
(b) A chalet in Switzerland
(c) A hostel in Germany
(d) A bed and breakfast in Connecticut
3. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
(a) A mechanic
(b) A landscaper
(c) A postgraduate student
(d) A lawyer
4. What does the traveler think that Italy is?
(a) A haven for art and culture enthusiasts
(b) So depressing he cannot wait to leave
(c) The start of everything for the Communist party
(d) The most beautiful country he has ever seen
5. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Losing the hotel key
(b) Losing their passports
(c) Speaking sharply to her
(d) Forgetting the fishing license
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last news of the traveler?
2. The story in Chapter 8 is not so much a story as a ______________________.
3. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
4. What do Nick and his friend realize as they talk?
5. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)