|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
(a) An Italian hotel near the sea
(b) A bed and breakfast in Vermont
(c) A chalet in Switzerland
(d) A ski resort in Aspen
2. Where do Joe and his father move?
3. What does Nick use for bait?
(c) Night crawlers
4. Who sleeps in the big mediaeval bed?
(a) The Elliots' guests
(b) Mrs. Elliot and her female lover
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Elliot
(d) The Elliots' dog
5. What are Nick's friend's plans after this vacation?
(a) Start his own plumbing business
(b) Get married to his childhood sweetheart
(c) Go back to the U.S. to finish his education
(d) Go back to work on Wall Street
6. How is the person from #101 traveling?
(a) By automobile
(b) By plane
(c) By bicycle
(d) By train
7. What nationality do the police think the two dead men are?
8. Who is Sam Cardinella in the Memoir for Chapter 15?
(a) A Chicago criminal
(b) An author
(c) A chocolatier
(d) A wine maker
9. What is the name of the young man who is the central character in the story for Chapter 11?
(d) He is not named
10. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
(a) He is gored and killed by a bull
(b) He becomes a Spanish diplomat
(c) He is the most famous bullfighter in the world
(d) He kills the bull in the ring
11. What does the wife tell her husband?
(a) She wants to get help for the old man
(b) She wants to adopt the dog
(c) She wants to adopt the child
(d) She wants to rescue the cat
12. What does the maid give the wife?
(a) An umbrella
(b) Fresh towels
(c) Clean laundry
(d) A hair dryer
13. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
(a) A cat
(b) A child
(c) An old man
(d) A dog
14. What does the wife tell the maid that she wanted?
(a) The cat
(b) Her dry cleaning
(c) Her car
(d) Room service
15. What sport do Nick and his friends enjoy on this trip?
(b) Water skiing
(c) Downhill skiing
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 9, bullfighting is considered to be a _______________.
2. What does the young wife carry through the streets of town?
3. What is Nick's wife's name?
4. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
5. What wounded animal is treated cruelly in the Memoir for Chapter 10?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)