|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick's wife's name?
2. What does the traveler think that Italy is?
(a) The start of everything for the Communist party
(b) The most beautiful country he has ever seen
(c) A haven for art and culture enthusiasts
(d) So depressing he cannot wait to leave
3. What does Nick tell his friend during their conversation?
(a) That he and his wife are building a new house
(b) That he is taking a new job
(c) That his wife is pregnant
(d) That he has some great stock tips
4. What wounded animal is treated cruelly in the Memoir for Chapter 10?
(a) A sheep
(b) A bull
(c) A horse
(d) A cow
5. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
(a) He is the most famous bullfighter in the world
(b) He is gored and killed by a bull
(c) He kills the bull in the ring
(d) He becomes a Spanish diplomat
6. Who does the wife speak to on her way out of the building?
(a) The maid
(b) The concierge
(c) The valet
(d) The hotel keeper
7. How many trout does Nick catch on a fishing trip?
8. What are Nick's plans after this vacation?
(a) Manage a car dealership
(b) Open a ski shop
(c) Stay in Europe
(d) Run for Congress
9. What happens to Joe's father?
(a) He loses his racing license
(b) He wins the first race of the season
(c) He loses a leg in an accident
(d) He is killed in a racing accident
10. How is the person from #101 traveling?
(a) By bicycle
(b) By plane
(c) By train
(d) By automobile
11. What does Nick fix for breakfast?
(a) Hash and juice
(b) Pancakes and coffee
(c) Biscuits and coffee
(d) Trout and coffee
12. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(a) An inn
(c) A truck stop
(d) The Hyatt
13. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(a) Kansas City
(c) Des Moines
14. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Elliot move?
15. What is a cogida?
(b) Spanish wine
(c) Mexican sandwich
(d) Matador hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maid give the wife?
2. How does Mrs. Elliot fill her days?
3. What part of the area does Nick avoid?
4. What cheers Nick's mood?
5. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)