|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick's goal?
(a) Get married next year
(b) To heal and live with no consequences
(c) Find a new position on Wall Street
(d) Become regional sales director at work
2. What does the wife tell her husband?
(a) She wants to get help for the old man
(b) She wants to adopt the child
(c) She wants to rescue the cat
(d) She wants to adopt the dog
3. What cheers Nick's mood?
(a) Reality TV
(d) Steak dinner
4. Who is Peduzzi?
(a) Tour guide
(b) Ski instructor
(c) Town drunk and con artist
(d) Hotel concierge
5. What nationality is the young man in the story?
6. What is the last news of the traveler?
(a) He is living in New York
(b) He died in an avalanche in the Alps
(c) He is in a Swiss jail
(d) He fell in love with a Polish girl
7. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
(b) Puppet show
(d) Flea market
8. What type of editorial work does Mr. Elliot write?
9. What is the waitress' personality?
10. What does Nick carry with him on the train?
(b) Camping gear
11. What does Nick fix for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and coffee
(b) Trout and coffee
(c) Pancakes and coffee
(d) Hash and juice
12. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(a) The Hyatt
(b) A truck stop
(d) An inn
13. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
(a) A mechanic
(b) A landscaper
(c) A lawyer
(d) A postgraduate student
14. Where do Joe and his father move?
15. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
(a) He is gored and killed by a bull
(b) He becomes a Spanish diplomat
(c) He kills the bull in the ring
(d) He is the most famous bullfighter in the world
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the Elliot household?
2. What is Joe's father's profession?
3. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
4. Who is the narrator of the Memoir for Chapter 13?
5. What is the area where Joe and his father live in France?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)