|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Nick on vacation in the story for Chapter 12?
2. From where does Nick return in the story for Chapter 14?
(a) Business trip
3. What is Nick's condition?
(a) He is damaged physically and psychologically
(b) He is mourning
(c) He is invigorated
(d) He is road weary
4. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Speaking sharply to her
(b) Forgetting the fishing license
(c) Losing their passports
(d) Losing the hotel key
5. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
(a) Puppet show
(c) Flea market
6. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
7. What type of editorial work does Mr. Elliot write?
8. What are Nick's plans after this vacation?
(a) Stay in Europe
(b) Open a ski shop
(c) Run for Congress
(d) Manage a car dealership
9. Who is Sam Cardinella in the Memoir for Chapter 15?
(a) A wine maker
(b) A chocolatier
(c) A Chicago criminal
(d) An author
10. Who joins the Elliot household?
(a) A gardener
(b) Cornelia's friend from back home
(c) A nanny
(d) A housekeeper
11. What does Nick tell his friend during their conversation?
(a) That his wife is pregnant
(b) That he is taking a new job
(c) That he and his wife are building a new house
(d) That he has some great stock tips
12. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
(a) Nick's reunion with his war buddies
(b) Nick's fishing trip
(c) Nick's relationship with his father
(d) Nick's wedding day
13. What sport do Nick and his friends enjoy on this trip?
(a) Water skiing
(b) Downhill skiing
14. What makes the husband nervous as they walk through the streets of town?
(a) It is getting dark
(b) He has forgotten his medicine
(c) They are going fishing out of season
(d) They are in a bad part of town
15. What is the name of the young man who is the central character in the story for Chapter 11?
(a) He is not named
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling does the wife have when she returns to her husband in the hotel room?
2. What are Nick's friend's plans after this vacation?
3. What is Joe's father's profession?
4. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
5. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)