|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
(a) A postgraduate student
(b) A mechanic
(c) A landscaper
(d) A lawyer
2. What does Nick use for bait?
(d) Night crawlers
3. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(b) The Hyatt
(c) An inn
(d) A truck stop
4. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
(a) A ski resort in Aspen
(b) An Italian hotel near the sea
(c) A chalet in Switzerland
(d) A bed and breakfast in Vermont
5. What is Nick's condition?
(a) He is damaged physically and psychologically
(b) He is road weary
(c) He is mourning
(d) He is invigorated
6. What does the Matador confess to the narrator at the cafe?
(a) He is quitting the profession
(b) He is not a very good bullfighter
(c) He never wanted to be a bullfighter
(d) He is terminally ill
7. Who is the narrator of the Memoir for Chapter 13?
(a) A fisherman
(b) A lawyer
(c) A physician
(d) A matador
8. How many trout does Nick catch on a fishing trip?
9. How is the person from #101 traveling?
(a) By bicycle
(b) By automobile
(c) By plane
(d) By train
10. Who is Joe in the story for Chapter 13?
(a) The narrator
(b) A plumber
(c) A fisherman
(d) Nick's new friend
11. With whom is Nick on vacation in the story for Chapter 12?
12. What is Nick's wife's name?
13. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
14. What does Mr. Elliot pay to have published?
(a) A gift for his wife
(b) A book of sketches
(c) A book of poetry
(d) An autobiography
15. How does Joe's father die?
(b) A car accident
(c) A horseracing accident
(d) Drive-by shooting
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling does the wife have when she returns to her husband in the hotel room?
2. What does the wife tell the maid that she wanted?
3. What happens to Joe's father?
4. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
5. What wounded animal is treated cruelly in the Memoir for Chapter 10?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)