|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(a) A truck stop
(c) The Hyatt
(d) An inn
2. What is the waitress' personality?
3. How old is Hubert?
4. What is Hubert's wife's name?
5. What does the wife tell her husband?
(a) She wants to adopt the dog
(b) She wants to rescue the cat
(c) She wants to get help for the old man
(d) She wants to adopt the child
6. Who sleeps in the big mediaeval bed?
(a) The Elliots' dog
(b) The Elliots' guests
(c) Mrs. Elliot and her female lover
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Elliot
7. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
8. What is Nick's condition?
(a) He is damaged physically and psychologically
(b) He is mourning
(c) He is road weary
(d) He is invigorated
9. What type of editorial work does Mr. Elliot write?
10. What is a cogida?
(a) Spanish wine
(b) Matador hat
(c) Mexican sandwich
11. What does the wife tell the maid that she wanted?
(a) Room service
(b) Her car
(c) Her dry cleaning
(d) The cat
12. What is Nick's wife's name?
13. Where is the person from #101 traveling?
14. What does the Matador confess to the narrator at the cafe?
(a) He is terminally ill
(b) He never wanted to be a bullfighter
(c) He is not a very good bullfighter
(d) He is quitting the profession
15. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
(d) Supreme importance
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
2. What nationality do the police think the two dead men are?
3. What are Nick's plans after this vacation?
4. What does the maid give the wife?
5. Why are two men killed in the story?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)