|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the personality of the answer to #101
2. What are Nick's friend's plans after this vacation?
(a) Go back to work on Wall Street
(b) Get married to his childhood sweetheart
(c) Start his own plumbing business
(d) Go back to the U.S. to finish his education
3. Why does the husband decide to return to the hotel?
(a) He doesn't have any sinkers
(b) He is too tired to go any farther
(c) He has a migraine
(d) He has sprained his ankle
4. How does Joe's father die?
(a) A car accident
(c) A horseracing accident
(d) Drive-by shooting
5. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
(a) An old man
(b) A cat
(c) A child
(d) A dog
6. What does Nick use for bait?
(b) Night crawlers
7. How many trout does Nick catch on a fishing trip?
8. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(a) Des Moines
(b) Kansas City
9. What nationality do the police think the two dead men are?
10. Who accompanies the wife outside?
(a) The hotel keeper
(b) The concierge
(c) The valet
(d) The maid
11. The story in Chapter 8 is not so much a story as a ______________________.
(a) character sketch
12. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
13. What does the traveler buy when he visits various towns?
(b) Art reproductions
(d) Souvenir ashtrays
14. What is the last news of the traveler?
(a) He fell in love with a Polish girl
(b) He is living in New York
(c) He is in a Swiss jail
(d) He died in an avalanche in the Alps
15. What is Nick's condition?
(a) He is damaged physically and psychologically
(b) He is invigorated
(c) He is mourning
(d) He is road weary
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
2. What does the traveler think that Italy is?
3. Where do Joe and his father move?
4. What are Mr. and Mrs. Elliot unsuccessful at achieving?
5. What is Joe's father's bad habit?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)