|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the husband decide to return to the hotel?
(a) He has a migraine
(b) He is too tired to go any farther
(c) He has sprained his ankle
(d) He doesn't have any sinkers
2. Who is Peduzzi?
(a) Tour guide
(b) Ski instructor
(c) Hotel concierge
(d) Town drunk and con artist
3. What cheers Nick's mood?
(b) Reality TV
(c) Steak dinner
4. What is the personality of the answer to #101
5. What are the traveler's plans after he leaves Italy?
(a) Hike through the Swiss Alps
(b) Take the boat to America
(c) Go to Paris
(d) Visit Moscow
6. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
(d) Supreme importance
7. What does Mr. Elliot pay to have published?
(a) A gift for his wife
(b) An autobiography
(c) A book of poetry
(d) A book of sketches
8. What does Peduzzi try to get before leaving the young American man?
(a) A tip
(b) A job reference
(c) An advance for fishing tomorrow
(d) A bottle of wine
9. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
10. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
(a) He is gored and killed by a bull
(b) He kills the bull in the ring
(c) He is the most famous bullfighter in the world
(d) He becomes a Spanish diplomat
11. Where do Joe and his father move?
12. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
(a) A bed and breakfast in Vermont
(b) A ski resort in Aspen
(c) An Italian hotel near the sea
(d) A chalet in Switzerland
13. Who does the wife speak to on her way out of the building?
(a) The valet
(b) The concierge
(c) The maid
(d) The hotel keeper
14. Who is the narrator of the Memoir for Chapter 13?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A physician
(c) A matador
(d) A fisherman
15. What is notable about the waitress serving Nick and his friend?
(a) She is a dwarf
(b) She has no eyebrows
(c) She has only one arm
(d) She is pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 11, which of the following objects is not thrown into the bullfighting ring?
2. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
3. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
4. How is the person from #101 traveling?
5. Who is Villalta in the Memoir for Chapter 12?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)