|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
(b) Supreme importance
2. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(b) Des Moines
(d) Kansas City
3. In the Memoir for Chapter 9, bullfighting is considered to be a _______________.
(a) Well-paid profession
(b) Blood sport
(c) Display of idiocy
(d) Nice way to pass an afternoon
4. What does Nick use for bait?
(a) Night crawlers
5. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
(a) A flower arrangement
(b) A fruit basket
(c) A cat
(d) A bottle of champagne
6. What nationality do the police think the two dead men are?
7. Who is Joe in the story for Chapter 13?
(a) Nick's new friend
(b) A fisherman
(c) A plumber
(d) The narrator
8. What is the last news of the traveler?
(a) He died in an avalanche in the Alps
(b) He is in a Swiss jail
(c) He fell in love with a Polish girl
(d) He is living in New York
9. Who is Maera?
(a) A Spanish diplomat
(b) A Portugese artist
(c) A famous bullfighter
(d) A celebrity chef
10. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
11. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Speaking sharply to her
(b) Forgetting the fishing license
(c) Losing their passports
(d) Losing the hotel key
12. Where is the person from #101 traveling?
13. What does Nick tell his friend during their conversation?
(a) That he and his wife are building a new house
(b) That he is taking a new job
(c) That his wife is pregnant
(d) That he has some great stock tips
14. How old is Hubert?
15. What is the area where Joe and his father live in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the wife outside?
2. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
3. What is Joe's father's profession?
4. What sport do Nick and his friends enjoy on this trip?
5. What happens to Maera in the Memoir for Chapter 14?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)