|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(b) Kansas City
(d) Des Moines
2. What is the last news of the traveler?
(a) He is in a Swiss jail
(b) He fell in love with a Polish girl
(c) He died in an avalanche in the Alps
(d) He is living in New York
3. What kind of feeling does the wife have when she returns to her husband in the hotel room?
(d) No sense of importance
4. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Forgetting the fishing license
(b) Losing their passports
(c) Losing the hotel key
(d) Speaking sharply to her
5. Who is Villalta in the Memoir for Chapter 12?
(a) A sculptor
(b) An actor
(c) A bullfighter
(d) A winemaker
6. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
7. With whom is Nick on vacation in the story for Chapter 12?
8. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
(a) Nick's wedding day
(b) Nick's relationship with his father
(c) Nick's reunion with his war buddies
(d) Nick's fishing trip
9. Who does the wife speak to on her way out of the building?
(a) The concierge
(b) The valet
(c) The maid
(d) The hotel keeper
10. What do Nick and his friend realize as they talk?
(a) They were both once in love with the same girl
(b) They have been overcharged on their bill
(c) This is the last time they will go skiing together
(d) The waitress has been eavesdropping
11. What is a cogida?
(a) Matador hat
(b) Spanish wine
(d) Mexican sandwich
12. What happens to Joe's father?
(a) He wins the first race of the season
(b) He is killed in a racing accident
(c) He loses a leg in an accident
(d) He loses his racing license
13. What does the traveler think that Italy is?
(a) So depressing he cannot wait to leave
(b) The start of everything for the Communist party
(c) A haven for art and culture enthusiasts
(d) The most beautiful country he has ever seen
14. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
(a) An Italian hotel near the sea
(b) A bed and breakfast in Vermont
(c) A ski resort in Aspen
(d) A chalet in Switzerland
15. Who is the story in Chapter 8 about?
(a) A Communist
(b) A Fascist
(c) A Democrat
(d) A Nazi
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Elliot move?
2. What does the maid give the wife?
3. In the Memoir for Chapter 11, which of the following objects is not thrown into the bullfighting ring?
4. What is the name of the young man who is the central character in the story for Chapter 11?
5. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)