|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick fix for breakfast?
(a) Hash and juice
(b) Biscuits and coffee
(c) Pancakes and coffee
(d) Trout and coffee
2. What part of the area does Nick avoid?
(a) The rapids
(b) The swamp
(c) The forest
(d) The quicksand
3. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
(a) A flower arrangement
(b) A bottle of champagne
(c) A fruit basket
(d) A cat
4. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(a) An inn
(c) The Hyatt
(d) A truck stop
5. What is a cogida?
(b) Spanish wine
(c) Mexican sandwich
(d) Matador hat
6. From where does Nick return in the story for Chapter 14?
(d) Business trip
7. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(b) Des Moines
(d) Kansas City
8. Who is Peduzzi?
(a) Town drunk and con artist
(b) Tour guide
(c) Ski instructor
(d) Hotel concierge
9. What is the name of the young man who is the central character in the story for Chapter 11?
(c) He is not named
10. How does Mrs. Elliot fill her days?
(a) Typing Mr. Elliot's poetry
(b) Baking cookies
(c) Tutoring high school students
(d) Working in the garden
11. Where does Nick debark from the train?
(a) Ann Arbor
12. Where is the person from #101 traveling?
13. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Losing the hotel key
(b) Losing their passports
(c) Speaking sharply to her
(d) Forgetting the fishing license
14. What is the personality of the answer to #101
15. What nationality is the young man in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the husband nervous as they walk through the streets of town?
2. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
3. Who is Joe in the story for Chapter 13?
4. How does Joe's father die?
5. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)