|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story in Chapter 8 is not so much a story as a ______________________.
(d) character sketch
2. Who is Sam Cardinella in the Memoir for Chapter 15?
(a) A Chicago criminal
(b) An author
(c) A wine maker
(d) A chocolatier
3. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
(a) A dog
(b) An old man
(c) A cat
(d) A child
4. How does Joe's father die?
(b) A horseracing accident
(c) A car accident
(d) Drive-by shooting
5. In the Memoir for Chapter 11, which of the following objects is not thrown into the bullfighting ring?
(a) Coca-Cola cans
(d) Leather wine bottles
6. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
(b) Puppet show
(d) Flea market
7. From where does Nick return in the story for Chapter 14?
(b) Business trip
8. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
9. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
(a) Nick's reunion with his war buddies
(b) Nick's fishing trip
(c) Nick's wedding day
(d) Nick's relationship with his father
10. Who joins the Elliot household?
(a) A nanny
(b) A gardener
(c) A housekeeper
(d) Cornelia's friend from back home
11. What does Mr. Elliot pay to have published?
(a) A gift for his wife
(b) A book of poetry
(c) A book of sketches
(d) An autobiography
12. What is the area where Joe and his father live in France?
13. What makes the husband nervous as they walk through the streets of town?
(a) They are going fishing out of season
(b) They are in a bad part of town
(c) It is getting dark
(d) He has forgotten his medicine
14. Why are two men killed in the story?
(a) Robbing a cigar store
(b) Robbing a liquor store
(c) Shooting a cop
(d) Robbing a bank
15. Who is Joe in the story for Chapter 13?
(a) The narrator
(b) A plumber
(c) A fisherman
(d) Nick's new friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
2. What is notable about the waitress serving Nick and his friend?
3. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
4. How many trout does Nick catch on a fishing trip?
5. What is Hubert's wife's name?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)