|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe in the story for Chapter 13?
(a) The narrator
(b) A plumber
(c) Nick's new friend
(d) A fisherman
2. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
(a) A bed and breakfast in Connecticut
(b) A chalet in Switzerland
(c) A hotel in Italy
(d) A hostel in Germany
3. What does the wife tell her husband?
(a) She wants to rescue the cat
(b) She wants to adopt the dog
(c) She wants to adopt the child
(d) She wants to get help for the old man
4. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
5. What kind of feeling does the wife have when she returns to her husband in the hotel room?
(d) No sense of importance
6. What does the young wife carry through the streets of town?
(a) Disassembled fishing rods
(c) A picnic basket
7. What is the topic of the story in Chapter 15?
(a) Nick's relationship with his father
(b) Nick's fishing trip
(c) Nick's wedding day
(d) Nick's reunion with his war buddies
8. What does the Matador confess to the narrator at the cafe?
(a) He is quitting the profession
(b) He is terminally ill
(c) He never wanted to be a bullfighter
(d) He is not a very good bullfighter
9. Who is Maera?
(a) A Spanish diplomat
(b) A celebrity chef
(c) A famous bullfighter
(d) A Portugese artist
10. Why are two men killed in the story?
(a) Robbing a liquor store
(b) Shooting a cop
(c) Robbing a cigar store
(d) Robbing a bank
11. What wounded animal is treated cruelly in the Memoir for Chapter 10?
(a) A sheep
(b) A horse
(c) A cow
(d) A bull
12. What is Nick's goal?
(a) To heal and live with no consequences
(b) Become regional sales director at work
(c) Find a new position on Wall Street
(d) Get married next year
13. For what does the husband apologize to his wife?
(a) Speaking sharply to her
(b) Losing their passports
(c) Forgetting the fishing license
(d) Losing the hotel key
14. What type of editorial work does Mr. Elliot write?
15. Who does the wife speak to on her way out of the building?
(a) The hotel keeper
(b) The concierge
(c) The valet
(d) The maid
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Villalta in the Memoir for Chapter 12?
2. What does the maid give the wife?
3. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
4. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
5. Why does the husband decide to return to the hotel?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)