|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sleeps in the big mediaeval bed?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Elliot
(b) The Elliots' guests
(c) The Elliots' dog
(d) Mrs. Elliot and her female lover
2. Who accompanies the wife outside?
(a) The concierge
(b) The hotel keeper
(c) The maid
(d) The valet
3. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
(a) Flea market
(c) Puppet show
4. What cheers Nick's mood?
(b) Reality TV
(d) Steak dinner
5. Who is Villalta in the Memoir for Chapter 12?
(a) A sculptor
(b) A winemaker
(c) A bullfighter
(d) An actor
6. Where is the first race of the season on the racing circuit?
7. From where does Nick return in the story for Chapter 14?
(d) Business trip
8. What is Nick's condition?
(a) He is invigorated
(b) He is mourning
(c) He is damaged physically and psychologically
(d) He is road weary
9. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(a) Des Moines
(d) Kansas City
10. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
11. Who is Sam Cardinella in the Memoir for Chapter 15?
(a) A chocolatier
(b) An author
(c) A Chicago criminal
(d) A wine maker
12. Who is the narrator of the Memoir for Chapter 13?
(a) A physician
(b) A matador
(c) A fisherman
(d) A lawyer
13. What does Nick fix for breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and coffee
(b) Pancakes and coffee
(c) Trout and coffee
(d) Hash and juice
14. What is Hubert's wife's name?
15. What does the Matador confess to the narrator at the cafe?
(a) He is terminally ill
(b) He never wanted to be a bullfighter
(c) He is not a very good bullfighter
(d) He is quitting the profession
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peduzzi try to get before leaving the young American man?
2. With whom is Nick on vacation in the story for Chapter 12?
3. What is notable about the waitress serving Nick and his friend?
4. What does the maid give the wife?
5. What sport do Nick and his friends enjoy on this trip?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)