|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the Memoir for Chapter 13?
(a) A fisherman
(b) A lawyer
(c) A matador
(d) A physician
2. What do Nick and his friend realize as they talk?
(a) The waitress has been eavesdropping
(b) They were both once in love with the same girl
(c) They have been overcharged on their bill
(d) This is the last time they will go skiing together
3. Where does Joe play with the other children?
(a) The lake and forest
(b) The playground
(c) The video arcade
(d) The streets
4. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Elliot move?
5. Why does the husband decide to return to the hotel?
(a) He doesn't have any sinkers
(b) He has a migraine
(c) He is too tired to go any farther
(d) He has sprained his ankle
6. What is the area where Joe and his father live in France?
7. What makes the husband nervous as they walk through the streets of town?
(a) He has forgotten his medicine
(b) They are going fishing out of season
(c) They are in a bad part of town
(d) It is getting dark
8. What does the young wife carry through the streets of town?
(b) A picnic basket
(d) Disassembled fishing rods
9. What does Nick tell his friend during their conversation?
(a) That he and his wife are building a new house
(b) That his wife is pregnant
(c) That he has some great stock tips
(d) That he is taking a new job
10. The story in Chapter 8 is not so much a story as a ______________________.
(a) character sketch
11. What does Peduzzi try to get before leaving the young American man?
(a) An advance for fishing tomorrow
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A tip
(d) A job reference
12. What does Nick use for bait?
(a) Night crawlers
13. What is the name of the young man who is the central character in the story for Chapter 11?
(c) He is not named
14. What is a cogida?
(a) Spanish wine
(b) Matador hat
(d) Mexican sandwich
15. How many trout does Nick catch on a fishing trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the Elliot household?
2. What part of the area does Nick avoid?
3. What does the wife tell her husband?
4. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
5. What are the traveler's plans after he leaves Italy?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)