|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Elliot pay to have published?
(a) A gift for his wife
(b) A book of sketches
(c) An autobiography
(d) A book of poetry
2. What is the personality of the answer to #101
3. What is Hubert's wife's name?
4. How does Mrs. Elliot fill her days?
(a) Typing Mr. Elliot's poetry
(b) Tutoring high school students
(c) Working in the garden
(d) Baking cookies
5. What do Peduzzi and the American couple stop for as they walk through the streets?
(a) Puppet show
(d) Flea market
6. What happens to Joe's father?
(a) He loses a leg in an accident
(b) He is killed in a racing accident
(c) He loses his racing license
(d) He wins the first race of the season
7. What does the young wife carry through the streets of town?
(c) A picnic basket
(d) Disassembled fishing rods
8. What does Nick carry with him on the train?
(b) Camping gear
9. What does Peduzzi try to get before leaving the young American man?
(a) A tip
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A job reference
(d) An advance for fishing tomorrow
10. What are the traveler's plans after he leaves Italy?
(a) Hike through the Swiss Alps
(b) Visit Moscow
(c) Take the boat to America
(d) Go to Paris
11. What is Nick's wife's name?
12. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
(a) A flower arrangement
(b) A fruit basket
(c) A bottle of champagne
(d) A cat
13. What are Nick's plans after this vacation?
(a) Run for Congress
(b) Stay in Europe
(c) Open a ski shop
(d) Manage a car dealership
14. What is the last news of the traveler?
(a) He is in a Swiss jail
(b) He fell in love with a Polish girl
(c) He is living in New York
(d) He died in an avalanche in the Alps
15. What type of editorial work does Mr. Elliot write?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the husband decide to return to the hotel?
2. Why are two men killed in the story?
3. Who is Maera?
4. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
5. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)