|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 11, which of the following objects is not thrown into the bullfighting ring?
(a) Leather wine bottles
(d) Coca-Cola cans
2. Where do Nick and his friend stop for a meal?
(a) A truck stop
(b) An inn
(d) The Hyatt
3. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
(a) A hotel in Italy
(b) A hostel in Germany
(c) A bed and breakfast in Connecticut
(d) A chalet in Switzerland
4. What does Nick tell his friend during their conversation?
(a) That he and his wife are building a new house
(b) That he has some great stock tips
(c) That his wife is pregnant
(d) That he is taking a new job
5. A bullfight can have only ____________ matadors.
6. Who is Maera?
(a) A famous bullfighter
(b) A Spanish diplomat
(c) A celebrity chef
(d) A Portugese artist
7. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
(a) Supreme importance
8. What is notable about the waitress serving Nick and his friend?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She has only one arm
(c) She has no eyebrows
(d) She is a dwarf
9. What is Nick's wife's name?
10. What is Joe's father's profession?
11. Where does Joe play with the other children?
(a) The playground
(b) The lake and forest
(c) The streets
(d) The video arcade
12. What is Hubert's wife's name?
13. What does Nick carry with him on the train?
(a) Camping gear
14. What does the wife tell her husband?
(a) She wants to rescue the cat
(b) She wants to adopt the dog
(c) She wants to get help for the old man
(d) She wants to adopt the child
15. What does the traveler buy when he visits various towns?
(a) Art reproductions
(c) Souvenir ashtrays
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hubert Elliot in the story in Chapter 9?
2. What is the personality of the answer to #101
3. What does the young wife carry through the streets of town?
4. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Elliot move?
5. What nationality is the young man in the story?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)