|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ad tell Nick about himself?
(a) He is going to stage a comeback
(b) He regrets his career choice
(c) He is dying
(d) He is crazy
2. What does Nick call his friend, Rinaldi, in the Memoir?
(a) A poor excuse for a man
(b) A disappointing audience
(c) A man among men
(d) The best friend he has ever had
3. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
4. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
(c) stand down
5. What do Nick and Bill drink?
(a) Hot chocolate
(c) Irish whiskey
6. Where did Bugs meet Ad?
(a) In school
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) In jail
7. What do Nick and his nurse do before he returns to the front lines?
(a) Get married
(c) Break up
8. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(b) Giving birth
(c) Polishing a gun
(d) Holding a suitcase
9. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Give them food
(b) Yell at them to go home
(c) Provide first aid
(d) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
10. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
11. What do Nick and Marjorie see?
(a) A defunct lumber mill
(b) A car accident
(c) A tornado
(d) A shooting star
12. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
13. What do Nick and Bill decide to do?
(a) Enlist in the army
(b) Get drunk
(c) Go fishing
(d) Call some girls
14. What is the relationship between Nick and his nurse?
(a) It is very strained
(b) He wants to marry her
(c) They do not get along
(d) They are cordial
15. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The Greek army
(b) The U.S. navy
(c) The French army
(d) The Russian navy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Krebs?
2. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
3. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
4. How long has Nick's nurse stayed on night duty to care for him?
5. How does Nick sustain his injury?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)