|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krebs plan to go to get a job?
(c) Kansas City
(d) Des Moines
2. What do Nick and Bill decide to do?
(a) Go fishing
(b) Call some girls
(c) Enlist in the army
(d) Get drunk
3. What has Marjorie brought along tonight?
(a) A picnic lunch
(b) A transistor radio
(c) A bottle of champagne
4. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(c) A nuisance
5. What do Nick and Bill drink?
(c) Hot chocolate
(d) Irish whiskey
6. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
7. What do Nick and his nurse do before he returns to the front lines?
(a) Break up
(c) Get married
8. Who is Nick's nurse in Padua?
9. What does Krebs want most of all?
(a) To take a cruise
(b) To live without any consequences
(c) To move to California
(d) A car
10. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) Stolen property
(c) Zeus' toothpicks
(d) A nuisance
11. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
(a) To go to a dance
(b) To set night lines for trout
(c) To elope
(d) To go skinny dipping
12. Nick's recovery in a hospital mirrors whose life?
13. What is a quai?
(a) A loud noise
(b) A legal term
(c) A dock
(d) A flock of quails
14. To where does Nick walk to visit his friend, Bill?
(d) Country road
15. What does Krebs tell about the war?
(a) Occasional stories
(d) His actual experiences
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
2. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
3. What is unusual about Ad's face?
4. What does Nick say is no longer any fun?
5. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)