|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
(a) To set night lines for trout
(b) To elope
(c) To go skinny dipping
(d) To go to a dance
2. What has happened to Nick in the Memoir of Chapter 6?
(a) He got married
(b) He was shot in the spine
(c) He got a new job
(d) He graduated college
3. In the Memoir for Chapter 5, what are the condemned army officers covered with before their execution?
(a) Wet, dead leaves
(d) Olive oil
4. Where does Krebs live?
(a) New Mexico
5. How does Nick sustain his injury?
(a) He is hit by a car
(b) He falls down stairs
(c) He falls on an icy sidewalk
(d) He is sucker punched
6. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Riding bicycles
(b) Rowing in a boat
(d) Playing tennis
7. Smyrna is located in what country?
8. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
(a) Goes on a walk with his father
(b) Takes the boat out onto the lake
(c) Takes the car into town
(d) Goes fishing
9. What does Nick's father not do?
10. What do Nick and Marjorie see?
(a) A tornado
(b) A defunct lumber mill
(c) A car accident
(d) A shooting star
11. What does Krebs' mother allow him to do now?
(a) Get a job
(b) Bring a girl home for dinner
(c) Take the car in the evenings
(d) Move to a bigger city
12. What profession does Nick's father have?
13. Why does Nick's nurse leave for Pordenone?
(a) To care for her parents
(b) To open a hospital
(c) To buy a house
(d) To attend college
14. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Provide first aid
(b) Yell at them to go home
(c) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
(d) Give them food
15. Who is the girl Nick has recently broken up with?
(d) Mary Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marjorie?
2. What is Nick's father's profession?
3. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
4. What does Krebs want most of all?
5. Nick accuses Marjorie of always _____________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)