|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
2. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
(a) He is angry about segregation
(b) His wife just left him
(c) He is off his antidepressant medication
(d) Boulton owes him money and did not want to do the job
3. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(c) A nuisance
4. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Reads a book
(c) Loads and unloads his shotgun
(d) Changes his clothes
5. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
(a) A banker
(b) Two loggers
(c) Two criminals
(d) A Marine
6. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he wants to remember this morning forever
(b) That he is homesick
(c) That he will never die
(d) That he does not want to leave
7. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) Men begging for food
(b) Women vomiting in the streets
(c) Children crying for milk
(d) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
8. What is Nick's mood?
9. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
(c) New Mexico
10. When do Nick and his nurse meet again?
(a) When she quits her job
(b) When he gets leave
(c) When she comes to America
(d) After the armistice
11. About what do Nick and Bill agree is better than baseball?
12. What has happened to Nick in the Memoir of Chapter 6?
(a) He got a new job
(b) He graduated college
(c) He got married
(d) He was shot in the spine
13. What does Krebs tell about the war?
(b) His actual experiences
(d) Occasional stories
14. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
(a) Goes into town to buy bait
(b) Cooks breakfast over the fire
(c) Watches a bass jumping in the lake
(d) Packs the car to return home
15. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Playing tennis
(b) Rowing in a boat
(c) Riding bicycles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
2. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
3. Where does Krebs live?
4. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
5. Why does Nick's nurse leave for Pordenone?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)