Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The French army
(b) The U.S. navy
(c) The Greek army
(d) The Russian navy
2. What does Nick say about his father?
(a) He is always sad
(b) He loves him unconditionally
(c) He is too strict
(d) He has missed a lot in life
3. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
(b) Floods washing away the cabins
(c) Wounds from knife fights
(d) Fires burning all around the camp
4. Who is Bugs?
(a) A cartoon bunny
(b) Nick's college roommate
(c) Ad's traveling companion
(d) A gangster
5. About what do Nick and Bill agree is better than baseball?
6. Who is Marjorie?
(a) Nick's girlfriend
(b) Nick's piano teacher
(c) Nick's sister
(d) Nick's mother
7. What has Marjorie brought along tonight?
(a) A picnic lunch
(b) A bottle of champagne
(c) A transistor radio
8. Who is the girl Nick has recently broken up with?
(d) Mary Ellen
9. Where does Nick like to spend time at the hospital?
(a) The chapel
(b) The lobby
(c) The roof
(d) The cafeteria
10. What do Nick and Bill drink?
(a) Hot chocolate
(c) Irish whiskey
11. What makes Krebs' mother cry?
(a) When Krebs and his father fight
(b) When Krebs slaps her
(c) When Krebs says he does not love anybody
(d) When Krebs says he is going to reenlist
12. In the Memoir for Chapter 4, what do the soldiers use for a barricade against the enemy?
(b) A decaying building
(c) Wrought iron grating
(d) Some old cars
13. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
(d) New Mexico
14. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
15. Who is Agnes von Kurowsky?
(a) Hemingway's editor
(b) The nurse with whom Hemingway has an affair
(c) The wife of Hemingway's sergeant
(d) The public relations rep for a publishing company
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 5, what are the condemned army officers covered with before their execution?
2. How long has Nick's nurse stayed on night duty to care for him?
3. How does Nick sustain his injury?
4. Who is Dick Boulton?
5. In what year does this story take place?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)