|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(d) A nuisance
2. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He has to go to work in the morning
(b) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(c) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(d) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
3. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) A nuisance
(c) Stolen property
(d) Zeus' toothpicks
4. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he is homesick
(b) That he will never die
(c) That he does not want to leave
(d) That he wants to remember this morning forever
5. What does Krebs' mother want him to do?
(a) Take care of his grandmother
(b) Move out of the house
(c) Make something of himself and get married
(d) Go to college
6. About what do Nick and Bill agree is better than baseball?
7. What has Marjorie brought along tonight?
(a) A bottle of champagne
(b) A transistor radio
(c) A picnic lunch
8. Where did Bugs meet Ad?
(b) In jail
(c) A homeless shelter
(d) In school
9. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Paint his house
(b) Plant some new trees
(c) Till a new garden
(d) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
10. What does Krebs tell about the war?
(a) His actual experiences
(d) Occasional stories
11. Where does Krebs live?
(c) New Mexico
12. What job did the narrator have in the war?
13. What do Nick and Bill talk about?
(a) Whiskey, baseball and books
(b) School, baseball and books
(c) Whiskey, girls and baseball
(d) Whiskey, baseball and cars
14. What does Ad tell Nick about himself?
(a) He is going to stage a comeback
(b) He is dying
(c) He is crazy
(d) He regrets his career choice
15. In what year does this story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say is no longer any fun?
2. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
3. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
5. In what year does the story for Chapter 7 take place?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)