1. In what year does this story take place?
2. Smyrna is located in what country?
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
An American officer
4. What is a quai?
5. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
6. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
7. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
8. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
The Greek army
9. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
This section contains 3,709 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)