Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - "On the Quai at Smyrna"
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. Smyrna is located in what country?
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
4. What is a quai?
5. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
6. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
7. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
8. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
9. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
10. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
11. What do the sailors on the...
This section contains 1,696 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)