|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(a) Kansas City
(d) Des Moines
2. How long has Nick's nurse stayed on night duty to care for him?
(a) 3 days
(b) 3 months
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 3 years
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) An American officer
(c) A Hungarian gypsy
(d) A French waiter
4. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he will never die
(b) That he wants to remember this morning forever
(c) That he does not want to leave
(d) That he is homesick
5. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
(a) Takes the boat out onto the lake
(b) Goes on a walk with his father
(c) Goes fishing
(d) Takes the car into town
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the traveler's plans after he leaves Italy?
2. What is sitting under a table in the rain?
3. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
4. What wounded animal is treated cruelly in the Memoir for Chapter 10?
5. What kind of feeling does the wife have when the hotel keeper bows to her?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)