|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
2. Where are the young man and his wife staying?
(a) A hostel in Germany
(b) A hotel in Italy
(c) A chalet in Switzerland
(d) A bed and breakfast in Connecticut
3. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The local forest catches fire
(b) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(c) There is a lynching in town
(d) The country goes to war with Japan
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) World War II
(c) The Korean War
(d) World War I
5. What is unusual about Ad's face?
(a) His eyes are slits, nose is sunken and an ear is missing
(b) One eye is brown, the other is blue
(c) He is scarred on the entire left side
(d) He has no eyebrows
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sleeps in the big mediaeval bed?
2. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
3. What nationality is the young man in the story?
4. What does the Matador confess to the narrator at the cafe?
5. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)