|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 5, what are the condemned army officers covered with before their execution?
(b) Olive oil
(d) Wet, dead leaves
2. What is the relationship between Nick and his nurse?
(a) It is very strained
(b) They do not get along
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) They are cordial
3. Who joins the Elliot household?
(a) A gardener
(b) A housekeeper
(c) Cornelia's friend from back home
(d) A nanny
4. In what city does the Memoir for Chapter 8 take place?
(a) Kansas City
(d) Des Moines
5. Who accompanies the wife outside?
(a) The concierge
(b) The hotel keeper
(c) The maid
(d) The valet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maid give the wife?
2. What does Nick's father not do?
3. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
4. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
5. In the story for Chapter 10, where is the American couple staying?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)