|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The country goes to war with Japan
(b) The local forest catches fire
(c) There is a lynching in town
(d) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
2. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
(a) Changes his clothes
(b) Reads a book
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Loads and unloads his shotgun
3. What is unusual about Ad's face?
(a) He is scarred on the entire left side
(b) He has no eyebrows
(c) One eye is brown, the other is blue
(d) His eyes are slits, nose is sunken and an ear is missing
4. What is a quai?
(a) A dock
(b) A loud noise
(c) A flock of quails
(d) A legal term
5. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is lost
(c) He is exploring
(d) He is looking for mines
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ad get mad at Nick?
2. Where does Nick find Bill?
3. What does Bugs do to calm Ad down?
4. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
5. What is a woman doing on a cart?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)