|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Nick's father have?
2. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
(a) The Korean War
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) World War I
(d) World War II
3. How long has Nick's nurse stayed on night duty to care for him?
(a) 3 days
(b) 3 weeks
(c) 3 months
(d) 3 years
4. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The U.S. navy
(b) The Russian navy
(c) The French army
(d) The Greek army
5. What does Ad tell Nick about himself?
(a) He is going to stage a comeback
(b) He is crazy
(c) He is dying
(d) He regrets his career choice
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick Boulton?
2. In the Memoir for Chapter 4, what do the soldiers use for a barricade against the enemy?
3. What is a woman doing on a cart?
4. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
5. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)