|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
(a) The Korean War
(b) World War I
(c) The Vietnam War
(d) World War II
2. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
(a) Water from unrelenting rains
(b) Tanks and other military vehicles
(c) Greek citizens pulling carts with all their belongings
(d) Garbage from a garbage strike
3. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
(a) Romanian gypsies
(b) Greek civilians
(c) U.S. tourists
(d) Russian immigrants
4. Smyrna is located in what country?
5. Why does Nick's nurse leave for Pordenone?
(a) To care for her parents
(b) To open a hospital
(c) To attend college
(d) To buy a house
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nick find Bill?
2. What job did the narrator have in the war?
3. What does Nick say about his father?
4. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
5. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)