|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
(d) stand down
2. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He has to go to work in the morning
(b) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(c) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
(d) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
3. What is the relationship between Nick and his nurse?
(a) They do not get along
(b) It is very strained
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) They are cordial
4. How does Nick sustain his injury?
(a) He is hit by a car
(b) He falls on an icy sidewalk
(c) He is sucker punched
(d) He falls down stairs
5. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Rowing in a boat
(b) Riding bicycles
(c) Playing tennis
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
2. What does Bugs offer to Nick?
3. What does Nick's father not do?
4. What job did the narrator have in the war?
5. How long has Nick's nurse stayed on night duty to care for him?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)