|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(b) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(c) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
(d) He has to go to work in the morning
2. What is meant by "riding the rails?"
(a) Taking the subway
(b) Driving a semi truck
(c) Riding on trains without paying the fare
(d) Putting up fences
3. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is exploring
(b) He is lost
(c) He is looking for mines
(d) He is drunk
4. What do Nick and Bill decide to do?
(a) Enlist in the army
(b) Call some girls
(c) Go fishing
(d) Get drunk
5. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) William Faulkner
(b) T.S. Eliot
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(d) Ernest Hemingway
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bugs do to calm Ad down?
2. What does Bugs offer to Nick?
3. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
4. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
5. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)