|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Till a new garden
(b) Paint his house
(c) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
(d) Plant some new trees
2. Why does Ad get mad at Nick?
(a) He insults his mother
(b) He does not have any whiskey
(c) He does not give him the knife
(d) He does not have any cigarettes
3. Who is Ad Francis?
(a) An author
(b) A Wall Street executive
(c) A former prizefighter
(d) A minister
4. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Rowing in a boat
(b) Playing tennis
(d) Riding bicycles
5. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A French waiter
(b) An American officer
(c) A Hungarian gypsy
(d) A Buddhist monk
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Memoir for Chapter 5, what are the condemned army officers covered with before their execution?
2. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
3. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
4. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
5. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)