|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(b) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
(c) A man has hacked off his forearm
(d) A man needs a will drawn up
2. What does Nick say is no longer any fun?
(b) Skinny dipping
3. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
(b) New Mexico
4. Why does Ad get mad at Nick?
(a) He does not have any whiskey
(b) He does not give him the knife
(c) He does not have any cigarettes
(d) He insults his mother
5. What do Nick and Marjorie see?
(a) A defunct lumber mill
(b) A car accident
(c) A tornado
(d) A shooting star
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Nick and Bill agree is better than baseball?
2. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
3. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
4. To where does Nick walk to visit his friend, Bill?
5. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)