|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
2. What is unusual about Ad's face?
(a) One eye is brown, the other is blue
(b) He is scarred on the entire left side
(c) He has no eyebrows
(d) His eyes are slits, nose is sunken and an ear is missing
3. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The country goes to war with Japan
(b) There is a lynching in town
(c) The local forest catches fire
(d) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
4. Smyrna is located in what country?
5. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(a) A nuisance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
2. What does Nick say about his father?
3. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
4. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
5. Who is Marjorie?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)