|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(b) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(c) He has to go to work in the morning
(d) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
2. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Rowing in a boat
(b) Playing tennis
(c) Riding bicycles
3. How does Nick sustain his injury?
(a) He is hit by a car
(b) He falls on an icy sidewalk
(c) He is sucker punched
(d) He falls down stairs
4. What does Ad tell Nick about himself?
(a) He is crazy
(b) He regrets his career choice
(c) He is going to stage a comeback
(d) He is dying
5. In what year does this story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ad ask Nick to give him?
2. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
3. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
4. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
5. What has Marjorie brought along tonight?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)