|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(b) Men begging for food
(c) Women vomiting in the streets
(d) Children crying for milk
2. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
(a) Loads and unloads his shotgun
(b) Reads a book
(c) Changes his clothes
(d) Takes a nap
3. What profession does Nick's father have?
4. How does Nick sustain his injury?
(a) He falls down stairs
(b) He is hit by a car
(c) He is sucker punched
(d) He falls on an icy sidewalk
5. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is looking for mines
(b) He is exploring
(c) He is lost
(d) He is drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing in the Memoir?
2. What does Nick say is no longer any fun?
3. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
4. Who is Bugs?
5. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)