|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) Women vomiting in the streets
(b) Men begging for food
(c) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(d) Children crying for milk
2. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
(a) To set night lines for trout
(b) To elope
(c) To go to a dance
(d) To go skinny dipping
3. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
(a) Tanks and other military vehicles
(b) Garbage from a garbage strike
(c) Greek citizens pulling carts with all their belongings
(d) Water from unrelenting rains
4. What is a quai?
(a) A legal term
(b) A dock
(c) A loud noise
(d) A flock of quails
5. Where does Nick find Bill?
(a) At his father's cottage
(b) In town
(c) At the library
(d) At school
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nick and Bill decide to do?
2. How does Nick sustain his injury?
3. What does Nick's father not do?
4. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
5. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)