|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(b) Men begging for food
(c) Children crying for milk
(d) Women vomiting in the streets
2. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
(a) Rowing in a boat
(c) Riding bicycles
(d) Playing tennis
3. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Give them food
(b) Yell at them to go home
(c) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
(d) Provide first aid
4. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
5. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
2. What is a quai?
3. What is Nick's mood?
4. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
5. In what year does this story take place?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)