|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
2. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) Women vomiting in the streets
(b) Children crying for milk
(c) Men begging for food
(d) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
3. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(a) Giving birth
(c) Polishing a gun
(d) Holding a suitcase
4. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man needs a will drawn up
(b) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
(c) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(d) A man has hacked off his forearm
5. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
(d) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a quai?
2. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
3. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
4. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
5. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)