|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is lost
(b) He is looking for mines
(c) He is exploring
(d) He is drunk
2. What has Marjorie brought along tonight?
(b) A picnic lunch
(c) A bottle of champagne
(d) A transistor radio
3. Who is Dick Boulton?
(a) One of the men who comes to work for Nick's father
(b) The head of the local plumbers union
(c) The mayor of the town
(d) A school board member
4. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) Floods washing away the cabins
(b) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
(c) Wounds from knife fights
(d) Fires burning all around the camp
5. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) Stolen property
(c) Zeus' toothpicks
(d) A nuisance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a woman doing on a cart?
2. In what year does this story take place?
3. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
4. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
5. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)