|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
(c) New Mexico
2. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The Greek army
(b) The Russian navy
(c) The U.S. navy
(d) The French army
3. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
(a) Push them off the dock into shallow water
(b) Force them to carry heavy loads
(c) Bludgeon them to death
(d) Shoot them in the head
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
(a) World War I
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) World War II
(d) The Korean War
5. What do Nick and Marjorie see?
(a) A shooting star
(b) A car accident
(c) A defunct lumber mill
(d) A tornado
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick Boulton?
2. What does Nick say is no longer any fun?
3. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
4. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
5. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)