|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
2. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
(b) Plant some new trees
(c) Till a new garden
(d) Paint his house
3. What is the location of the Memoir for Chapter 3?
(d) South Africa
4. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(a) Giving birth
(b) Polishing a gun
(c) Holding a suitcase
5. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick's mood?
2. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
3. Who is Marjorie?
4. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
5. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)