|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) Fires burning all around the camp
(b) Wounds from knife fights
(c) Floods washing away the cabins
(d) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
2. Who is Marjorie?
(a) Nick's mother
(b) Nick's girlfriend
(c) Nick's piano teacher
(d) Nick's sister
3. What is Nick's father's profession?
4. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
5. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) William Faulkner
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick's mood?
2. What is a woman doing on a cart?
3. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
4. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
5. What profession does Nick's father have?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)