|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(b) A man has hacked off his forearm
(c) A man needs a will drawn up
(d) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
2. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(b) He has to go to work in the morning
(c) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
(d) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
3. What job did the narrator have in the war?
4. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(a) Giving birth
(c) Polishing a gun
(d) Holding a suitcase
5. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
(a) Garbage from a garbage strike
(b) Tanks and other military vehicles
(c) Greek citizens pulling carts with all their belongings
(d) Water from unrelenting rains
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
2. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
3. Nick accuses Marjorie of always _____________________.
4. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
5. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)