|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
(a) Russian immigrants
(b) Romanian gypsies
(c) Greek civilians
(d) U.S. tourists
2. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
(a) Push them off the dock into shallow water
(b) Bludgeon them to death
(c) Force them to carry heavy loads
(d) Shoot them in the head
3. Smyrna is located in what country?
4. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has hacked off his forearm
(b) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(c) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
(d) A man needs a will drawn up
5. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A French waiter
(b) An American officer
(c) A Hungarian gypsy
(d) A Buddhist monk
Short Answer Questions
1. Nick accuses Marjorie of always _____________________.
2. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
3. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
4. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
5. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)