|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
(a) Two loggers
(b) A banker
(c) A Marine
(d) Two criminals
2. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The Russian navy
(b) The U.S. navy
(c) The French army
(d) The Greek army
3. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) A nuisance
(b) Stolen property
(c) Zeus' toothpicks
4. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
(a) He is off his antidepressant medication
(b) His wife just left him
(c) He is angry about segregation
(d) Boulton owes him money and did not want to do the job
5. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
(a) To set night lines for trout
(b) To go to a dance
(c) To elope
(d) To go skinny dipping
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
2. What is Nick's father's profession?
3. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
4. What job did the narrator have in the war?
5. What is the location of the Memoir for Chapter 3?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)