|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) Fires burning all around the camp
(b) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
(c) Wounds from knife fights
(d) Floods washing away the cabins
2. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(b) A man has hacked off his forearm
(c) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
(d) A man needs a will drawn up
3. Smyrna is located in what country?
4. Who is Dick Boulton?
(a) The head of the local plumbers union
(b) One of the men who comes to work for Nick's father
(c) A school board member
(d) The mayor of the town
5. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The country goes to war with Japan
(b) The local forest catches fire
(c) There is a lynching in town
(d) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
3. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
5. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)