|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Nick and Marjorie together on this night?
(a) To elope
(b) To go to a dance
(c) To go skinny dipping
(d) To set night lines for trout
2. What is the location of the Memoir for Chapter 3?
(b) South Africa
3. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
(a) Push them off the dock into shallow water
(b) Shoot them in the head
(c) Bludgeon them to death
(d) Force them to carry heavy loads
4. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(b) Zeus' toothpicks
(c) Stolen property
(d) A nuisance
5. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(b) Women vomiting in the streets
(c) Men begging for food
(d) Children crying for milk
Short Answer Questions
1. Smyrna is located in what country?
2. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
3. What job did the narrator have in the war?
4. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
5. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)