|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
(b) stand down
2. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has hacked off his forearm
(b) A man needs a will drawn up
(c) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
(d) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
3. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) Men begging for food
(b) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(c) Women vomiting in the streets
(d) Children crying for milk
4. What is the narrator doing in the Memoir?
(a) He is writing restaurant reviews
(b) He is visiting relatives
(c) He is on vacation
(d) He is with his combat unit
5. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(b) A nuisance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location of the Story in Chapter 3?
2. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
3. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
4. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
5. What job did the narrator have in the war?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)