|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
(a) A banker
(b) Two criminals
(c) A Marine
(d) Two loggers
2. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Till a new garden
(b) Plant some new trees
(c) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
(d) Paint his house
3. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He has to go to work in the morning
(b) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(c) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(d) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
4. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(b) There is a lynching in town
(c) The country goes to war with Japan
(d) The local forest catches fire
5. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) Zeus' toothpicks
(c) A nuisance
(d) Stolen property
Short Answer Questions
1. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
2. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
3. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
4. What job did the narrator have in the war?
5. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)