|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did the narrator have in the war?
2. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is lost
(b) He is exploring
(c) He is looking for mines
(d) He is drunk
3. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
(a) Packs the car to return home
(b) Goes into town to buy bait
(c) Watches a bass jumping in the lake
(d) Cooks breakfast over the fire
4. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
(a) Shoot them in the head
(b) Push them off the dock into shallow water
(c) Bludgeon them to death
(d) Force them to carry heavy loads
5. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
(a) Romanian gypsies
(b) U.S. tourists
(c) Russian immigrants
(d) Greek civilians
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
2. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
3. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
4. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
5. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)