|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(b) Ernest Hemingway
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) William Faulkner
2. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) Stolen property
(b) A nuisance
(c) Zeus' toothpicks
3. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(a) Giving birth
(b) Holding a suitcase
(c) Polishing a gun
4. Who is Dick Boulton?
(a) A school board member
(b) One of the men who comes to work for Nick's father
(c) The head of the local plumbers union
(d) The mayor of the town
5. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he will never die
(b) That he does not want to leave
(c) That he wants to remember this morning forever
(d) That he is homesick
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Nick's father have?
2. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
3. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
5. What job did the narrator have in the war?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)