|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
(a) His wife just left him
(b) Boulton owes him money and did not want to do the job
(c) He is off his antidepressant medication
(d) He is angry about segregation
2. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
(a) Romanian gypsies
(b) Greek civilians
(c) Russian immigrants
(d) U.S. tourists
3. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Till a new garden
(b) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
(c) Plant some new trees
(d) Paint his house
4. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
(b) Floods washing away the cabins
(c) Fires burning all around the camp
(d) Wounds from knife fights
5. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
(a) Packs the car to return home
(b) Cooks breakfast over the fire
(c) Goes into town to buy bait
(d) Watches a bass jumping in the lake
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. What job did the narrator have in the war?
3. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
4. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
5. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)