|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
(a) Fires burning all around the camp
(b) A primitive caesarean section for a breech birth
(c) Wounds from knife fights
(d) Floods washing away the cabins
2. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
(a) The Russian navy
(b) The Greek army
(c) The French army
(d) The U.S. navy
3. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) Ernest Hemingway
(b) T.S. Eliot
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(d) William Faulkner
4. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
5. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
(a) Two loggers
(b) Two criminals
(c) A banker
(d) A Marine
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
2. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
3. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
4. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
5. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)