|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
2. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) A Hungarian gypsy
(c) A French waiter
(d) An American officer
4. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(c) A nuisance
5. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) Women vomiting in the streets
(b) Children crying for milk
(c) Men begging for food
(d) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. What is a woman doing on a cart?
3. Who is Dick Boulton?
4. What profession does Nick's father have?
5. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)