|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick's father's profession?
2. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
(a) Stolen property
(c) Zeus' toothpicks
(d) A nuisance
3. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
(a) A man has hacked off his forearm
(b) A woman is having trouble delivering a baby
(c) A man needs a will drawn up
(d) A man has been indicted on criminal charges
4. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(a) A nuisance
5. What does Nick's father hire some local Indians to do?
(a) Till a new garden
(b) Cut logs that have drifted onto his property
(c) Plant some new trees
(d) Paint his house
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Nick's father have?
2. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
3. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
4. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
5. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)