|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) A French waiter
(c) An American officer
(d) A Hungarian gypsy
2. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is looking for mines
(c) He is exploring
(d) He is lost
3. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(b) The local forest catches fire
(c) There is a lynching in town
(d) The country goes to war with Japan
4. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
5. In what year does this story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
2. What do the Greek soldiers do to their mules after they break the front legs of the animals?
3. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
4. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
5. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)