|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Give them food
(b) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
(c) Provide first aid
(d) Yell at them to go home
2. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) World War I
(c) The Korean War
(d) World War II
3. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The local forest catches fire
(b) There is a lynching in town
(c) The country goes to war with Japan
(d) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
4. Who is Dick Boulton?
(a) One of the men who comes to work for Nick's father
(b) A school board member
(c) The head of the local plumbers union
(d) The mayor of the town
5. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
(a) His wife just left him
(b) He is off his antidepressant medication
(c) He is angry about segregation
(d) Boulton owes him money and did not want to do the job
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
2. What is Nick's father's profession?
3. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
4. What job did the narrator have in the war?
5. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)