|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A Hungarian gypsy
(b) An American officer
(c) A Buddhist monk
(d) A French waiter
2. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he wants to remember this morning forever
(b) That he will never die
(c) That he is homesick
(d) That he does not want to leave
3. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
(a) Goes fishing
(b) Takes the boat out onto the lake
(c) Goes on a walk with his father
(d) Takes the car into town
4. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(b) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(c) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
(d) He has to go to work in the morning
5. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(b) The local forest catches fire
(c) There is a lynching in town
(d) The country goes to war with Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
2. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
3. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
4. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
5. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)