|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does this story take place?
2. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
(a) stand down
3. Who comes for Nick's father for help while he and Nick are on a fishing trip?
(a) A banker
(b) A Marine
(c) Two loggers
(d) Two criminals
4. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Provide first aid
(b) Yell at them to go home
(c) Give them food
(d) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
5. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
(a) His wife just left him
(b) He is angry about segregation
(c) He is off his antidepressant medication
(d) Boulton owes him money and did not want to do the job
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did the narrator have in the war?
2. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
3. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
4. What war does the narrator mention in the memoir for Chapter 1?
5. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)