|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a quai?
(a) A legal term
(b) A flock of quails
(c) A loud noise
(d) A dock
2. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
(a) Run their searchlight up and down the crowd
(b) Give them food
(c) Provide first aid
(d) Yell at them to go home
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A French waiter
(b) A Hungarian gypsy
(c) A Buddhist monk
(d) An American officer
4. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
(c) stand down
5. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is lost
(c) He is looking for mines
(d) He is exploring
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick Boulton?
2. What does Dick Boulton call the logs?
3. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
4. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
5. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)