|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smyrna is located in what country?
2. In what year does this story take place?
3. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is lost
(b) He is exploring
(c) He is drunk
(d) He is looking for mines
4. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(b) Women vomiting in the streets
(c) Children crying for milk
(d) Men begging for food
5. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Adams do in his bedroom?
2. What does Nick do when he learns that his mother wants to see him?
3. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
4. Who is Dick Boulton?
5. What is the nature of the problem with which Nick's father can assist?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)