|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boulton call Nick's father?
2. Who is Dick Boulton?
(a) The mayor of the town
(b) One of the men who comes to work for Nick's father
(c) A school board member
(d) The head of the local plumbers union
3. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) William Faulkner
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) Ernest Hemingway
4. What is a woman doing on a cart?
(a) Polishing a gun
(c) Holding a suitcase
(d) Giving birth
5. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) A Hungarian gypsy
(b) A Buddhist monk
(c) A French waiter
(d) An American officer
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
2. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
3. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
4. A U.S. ship called the Simpson is in a ______________ state.
5. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)