Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(b) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(c) He has to go to work in the morning
(d) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
2. What feeling does Nick have on this morning?
(a) That he is homesick
(b) That he wants to remember this morning forever
(c) That he will never die
(d) That he does not want to leave
3. What job did the narrator have in the war?
4. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(b) The country goes to war with Japan
(c) The local forest catches fire
(d) There is a lynching in town
5. What profession does Nick's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
2. What military force is withdrawing from the city of Smyrna?
3. What do Nick, his father and Uncle George deal with at the Indian camp?
4. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
5. What is the setting for the Memoir of Chapter 2?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)