|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Nick and Bill not go out in the boat?
(a) It is too cold
(b) The pond is frozen
(c) It is being repaired
(d) It is too dark
2. Who is Nick's nurse in Padua?
3. What has happened to Nick in the Memoir of Chapter 6?
(a) He graduated college
(b) He was shot in the spine
(c) He got married
(d) He got a new job
4. Whose life does the character of Nick Adams parallel?
(a) Ernest Hemingway
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald
(c) William Faulkner
(d) T.S. Eliot
5. How does Joe's father die?
(a) Drive-by shooting
(b) A car accident
(c) A horseracing accident
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hotel keeper have sent to the American wife in her room?
2. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
3. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
4. Why does Nick's nurse leave for Pordenone?
5. What does the wife tell the maid that she wanted?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)