|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the muddy roads leading out of the city?
(a) Greek citizens pulling carts with all their belongings
(b) Garbage from a garbage strike
(c) Water from unrelenting rains
(d) Tanks and other military vehicles
2. Why does the Lieutenant ride his horse out into the field?
(a) He is exploring
(b) He is looking for mines
(c) He is lost
(d) He is drunk
3. Who is the unnamed narrator of the story?
(a) An American officer
(b) A Buddhist monk
(c) A Hungarian gypsy
(d) A French waiter
4. According to the narrator, what is the worst scene among the evacuees?
(a) The women with dead babies who will not relinquish them
(b) Women vomiting in the streets
(c) Children crying for milk
(d) Men begging for food
5. What is the attitude of the narrator telling the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
2. What profession does Nick's father have?
3. What does Nick do at sunrise the next morning?
4. What do the sailors on the Simpson do to the evacuees every night?
5. Who is Dick Boulton?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)