|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's father call the floating logs?
(c) A nuisance
2. What profession does Nick's father have?
3. What is a quai?
(a) A dock
(b) A legal term
(c) A loud noise
(d) A flock of quails
4. Who else is attempting to leave Smyrna?
(a) Russian immigrants
(b) Greek civilians
(c) Romanian gypsies
(d) U.S. tourists
5. What shocking event occurs this night for Nick, his father and Uncle George?
(a) The country goes to war with Japan
(b) A man commits suicide by slitting his throat
(c) The local forest catches fire
(d) There is a lynching in town
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Nick walk to visit his friend, Bill?
2. Nick accuses Marjorie of always _____________________.
3. What do the evacuees do every night at midnight?
4. Why does Dr. Adams think Boulton picked a fight with him?
5. Smyrna is located in what country?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)