|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Nick's friends asks about Marjorie?
2. Where does Krebs plan to go to get a job?
(b) Kansas City
(c) Des Moines
3. How is the person from #101 traveling?
(a) By bicycle
(b) By automobile
(c) By train
(d) By plane
4. Why does Uncle George not accompany Nick and his father back to their camp that night?
(a) He is too shaken by what he has witnessed
(b) He has to go to work in the morning
(c) He is too sick to stay overnight in the woods
(d) He is tired of fishing and sleeping outside
5. What nationality do the police think the two dead men are?
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Nick's father have?
2. What is Nick's mood?
3. Where is the person from #101 traveling?
4. What is meant by "riding the rails?"
5. What are Nick and Marjorie doing as the story begins?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)