|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do boatloads of American teachers and civil servants start arriving in the Philippines?
2. What does Quirino's ineptitude only help to strengthen?
3. Privately, what does Osmena tell Harrison?
4. Why is MacArthur castigated?
5. When do Douglas MacArthur, Quezon and Osmena become friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ferdinand Marcos.
2. Describe MacArthur's career as U.S. Chief of Staff.
3. What takes place when the Philippines officially become independent?
4. What is the "Bataan death march?"
5. What has happened in the Philippines by 1909?
6. What do the Japanese do when Japan, Germany, and Italy for the "Axis" powers?
7. What takes place on the day Pearl Harbor is attacked?
8. Where does Ninoy Aquino spend most of the 1970s?
9. What do Osmena and Quezon form in 1907?
10. Describe MacArthur's fateful decision.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The United States policy of improving the Philippines does help many locals.
Part 1) What is the United States policy?
Part 2) How does it improve the Philippines?
Part 3) Overall, has the United States been more helpful or detrimental to the Filipino people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are similarities between many American wars.
Part 1) Name three wars that have similarities.
Part 2) What are these similarities? Why do these similarities exist?
Part 3) Are these similarities good or bad? Why? How can the United States learn from these similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Taft starts a tradition of using American money to back Filipino elections.
Part 1) Why does he do this? What are the consequences of this?
Part 2) What other ways has the United States used its wealth to support events in other countries? Has this been helpful or detrimental? Why?
Part 3) Should the United States use its money to assist in other countries' elections and other political events? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,514 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)