|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is Pearl Harbor attacked?
2. What does President Roxas do in order to pass wanted legislation?
3. By whom are the Japanese aided?
4. Who do the Japanese instill as bogus Filipino president?
5. What are upper level leaders in the United States slowly convinced to do regarding Marcos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during the period of MacArthur's first marriage?
2. What takes place on the day Pearl Harbor is attacked?
3. What takes place with Woodrow Wilson is elected president?
4. Who rises to power during this time?
5. Describe MacArthur's "dream" job.
6. What do Osmena and Quezon form in 1907?
7. What do the Japanese do when Japan, Germany, and Italy for the "Axis" powers?
8. What is the "Bataan death march?"
9. Describe Marcos as a leader.
10. What group forms in 1968?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The United States policy of improving the Philippines does help many locals.
Part 1) What is the United States policy?
Part 2) How does it improve the Philippines?
Part 3) Overall, has the United States been more helpful or detrimental to the Filipino people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
An intimate relationship has developed between the United States and the Philippines over the past one hundred years.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. How did it begin?
Part 2) How has the relationship evolved? How do these changes reflect the changes of opinion by Americans and United States' leadership?
Part 3) How have these changes made the Philippines what it is today?
Essay Topic 3
President McKinley is an intriguing character.
Part 1) Describe McKinley. How might he be intriguing?
Part 2) What role did he play in the development of a relationship between the United States and the Philippines?
Part 3) How might this relationship have been different if McKinley had a different personality?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)