|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language is taught?
2. When does anti-military sentiment sweep the nation?
3. What does Marcos come to resent regarding Ninoy?
4. Why does Quezon take a secretive trip to Japan in 1938?
5. Who helps Quezon climb the ladder of Filipino culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe MacArthur's "dream" job.
2. What takes place when the Philippines officially become independent?
3. What does Marcos think of Ninoy?
4. What is established for the Filipinos?
5. Describe Quezon.
6. Who begins arriving in the Philippines in 1901? Why?
7. Describe MacArthur's career as U.S. Chief of Staff.
8. What do Osmena and Quezon form in 1907?
9. Who rises to power during this time?
10. What group forms in 1968?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are both isolationists and expansionists in the United States.
Part 1) What is an isolationist? What is an expansionist? Why were they at odds?
Part 2) How did both of these views affect the United States relationship with the Philippines?
Part 3) Would you consider the United States to be made mostly of isolationists, expansionists, or neither? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Douglas MacArthur was a decent strategist but not a great one.
Part 1) How was he a decent strategist?
Part 2) Why was he not a great one?
Part 3) What roll does his personality play in his abilities as a strategist?
Essay Topic 3
Douglas MacArthur is like his father in many ways.
Part 1) Describe Douglas. How is he like his father?
Part 2) How does his behavior and personality affect those around him?
Part 3) Was he raised to be this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)