|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Privately, what does Osmena tell Harrison?
2. What do Marcos' financial schemes bring in?
3. How do MacArthur's troops soon find themselves after he makes this decision?
4. How does MacArthur create much resentment?
5. Who does MacArthur support while turning away his old friend Osmena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established for the Filipinos?
2. Describe Douglas MacArthur at the beginning of this chapter.
3. What are some of the major problems with the attitudes of the Americans?
4. What is the "Bataan death march?"
5. What does Marcos think of Ninoy?
6. What takes place on the day Pearl Harbor is attacked?
7. Who is Luis Taruc? What is his relationship with the United States?
8. Describe Imelda Visitacion.
9. Describe MacArthur's "dream" job.
10. What takes place when the Philippines officially become independent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Marcoses dupe many people.
Part 1) Who are the Marcoses? How do they trick others?
Part 2) Why are they so successful at duping others?
Part 3) How does this trickery affect the Filpinos? How does their poor behavior affect them in the end? What message does this send to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
The character development of the "arrogant" leader is revisited many times.
Part 1) List four of the leaders that you would consider arrogant. How are each of them arrogant?
Part 2) How does their arrogance affect those around them and the decisions they make?
Part 3) What is the connection between one leader and the next? Do leaders like this exist today? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
An intimate relationship has developed between the United States and the Philippines over the past one hundred years.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. How did it begin?
Part 2) How has the relationship evolved? How do these changes reflect the changes of opinion by Americans and United States' leadership?
Part 3) How have these changes made the Philippines what it is today?
This section contains 1,472 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)