|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the day, how many Filipinos are dead?
2. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
3. What does Aguinaldo assume that the United States will guarantee for the Philippines?
4. What do the Americans do to the village of Caloocan?
5. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Emilio Aguinaldo doing at this time?
2. What takes place when Cleveland is replaced by McKinley?
3. How does Aguinaldo change his tactics? How does this affect both sides?
4. What happens when some Spaniards resent the injustice of the Spanish towards the natives?
5. What effect does the belief that the U.S. could benefit from having a colony in the Far East have on the United States?
6. Describe a little of the history of the Philippines.
7. Why does Aginaldo become upset with Dewey?
8. Describe the beginning of the war.
9. What happens when more American troops are requested?
10. Describe the exploration by European countries.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are similarities between many American wars.
Part 1) Name three wars that have similarities.
Part 2) What are these similarities? Why do these similarities exist?
Part 3) Are these similarities good or bad? Why? How can the United States learn from these similarities?
Essay Topic 2
The character development of the "arrogant" leader is revisited many times.
Part 1) List four of the leaders that you would consider arrogant. How are each of them arrogant?
Part 2) How does their arrogance affect those around them and the decisions they make?
Part 3) What is the connection between one leader and the next? Do leaders like this exist today? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Douglas MacArthur is like his father in many ways.
Part 1) Describe Douglas. How is he like his father?
Part 2) How does his behavior and personality affect those around him?
Part 3) Was he raised to be this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)