|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Schurman presses McKinley for a cease-fire?
2. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
3. What are many powerful individuals now considering?
4. What explorer first finds the Philippines?
5. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Aguinaldo when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term?
2. How do the Americans deal with guerrilla tactics?
3. What happens when more American troops are requested?
4. Describe life in the Philippines under Spanish rule.
5. Describe the beginning of the war.
6. What effect does the belief that the U.S. could benefit from having a colony in the Far East have on the United States?
7. What occurs after a rebellion in Cuba takes place?
8. Why does Aginaldo become upset with Dewey?
9. What good does General Otis do for the natives?
10. What do the Anti-Imperialists feel about the expansionist movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is some foreshadowing enhance the story for the reader?
Part 1) Describe two examples of foreshadowing. What do these examples foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this foreshadowing enhance the story for the reader?
Part 3) How can leaders of today learn from these foreshadowed events?
Essay Topic 2
Cory Aquino is the victim of unrealistic expectations.
Part 1) How is she a victim of unrealistic expectations? What are these expectations?
Part 2) How does this affect the confidence of her people?
Part 3) Was she an effective president? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are similarities between many American wars.
Part 1) Name three wars that have similarities.
Part 2) What are these similarities? Why do these similarities exist?
Part 3) Are these similarities good or bad? Why? How can the United States learn from these similarities?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)