|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the majority of aid money go?
(a) To the Vietnam War effort.
(b) To the United States.
(c) To support organizations in the Philippines.
(d) Marcos' pet causes or directly into his pocket.
2. What does MacArthur do once he divorces his wife?
(a) He takes a Filipino mistress.
(b) He marries a Filipino woman.
(c) He vows to never marry again.
(d) He becomes a priest.
3. What does Taft believe will only hurt trade between the U.S. and the Philippines?
(a) Keeping the Philippines as a colony.
(b) Putting Osmena in power.
(c) Philippine independence.
(d) Putting Quezon in power.
4. Where does Marcos excel?
(a) The University of the Philippines School of Science.
(b) The University of the Philippines School of Music.
(c) The University of the Philippines Medical School.
(d) The University of the Philippines Law School.
5. What does President Roxas do in order to pass wanted legislation?
(a) He has several members of the Filipino Parliament murdered.
(b) He denies seats to eleven opposition members of the Filipino Parliament under questionable charges.
(c) He blackmails members of the Filipino Parliament.
(d) He bribes members of the Filipino Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prisoners are marched some eighty miles in what comes to be known as what?
2. Why are MacArthur's B-17s easily destroyed by the Japanese planes?
3. Realizing his position, what fateful decision does MacArthur make?
4. On the home front, with what is Quezon having difficulty?
5. What strengthens Ninoy's power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Douglas MacArthur at the beginning of this chapter.
2. Describe MacArthur's "dream" job.
3. What has happened in the Philippines by 1909?
4. Describe Quezon.
5. Describe MacArthur's fateful decision.
6. Who begins arriving in the Philippines in 1901? Why?
7. Who is Luis Taruc? What is his relationship with the United States?
8. What does MacArthur want to quickly do?
9. What do the Japanese do when Japan, Germany, and Italy for the "Axis" powers?
10. What group forms in 1968?
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)