|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Nationalistic insurgent groups see Quezon?
(a) As a father figure.
(b) As a democratic leader.
(c) As a leader.
(d) As a tyrant.
2. Why does Quezon go to Washington D.C.?
(a) He is running for an American political office.
(b) He is invited by the President of the United States.
(c) He would like to see the nation's capital.
(d) He is a Filipino representative.
3. Where is Ferdinand Marcos born on September 11, 1917?
(a) Northern Luzon.
(b) Northern Lisbon.
(c) Southern Luzon.
(d) Southern Lisbon.
4. Where does the American tide turn?
(a) At the battle of Waterloo.
(b) At the battle of the Bulge.
(c) At the battle of Shiloh.
(d) At the battle of Midway.
5. To what does the majority of aid money go?
(a) To support organizations in the Philippines.
(b) To the Vietnam War effort.
(c) Marcos' pet causes or directly into his pocket.
(d) To the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this one language taught?
2. When does another insurgency group form in northern Luzon?
3. What does Marcos come to resent regarding Ninoy?
4. How do MacArthur's troops soon find themselves after he makes this decision?
5. What is Manila dubbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Bataan death march?"
2. What takes place during the period of MacArthur's first marriage?
3. Where does Ninoy Aquino spend most of the 1970s?
4. Describe Marcos as a leader.
5. What do the Japanese do when Japan, Germany, and Italy for the "Axis" powers?
6. What takes place on the day Pearl Harbor is attacked?
7. What takes place with Woodrow Wilson is elected president?
8. Describe Douglas MacArthur at the beginning of this chapter.
9. Describe MacArthur's fateful decision.
10. What does MacArthur want to quickly do?
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)