|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does congress do with many of Taft's grand plans for improving the Philippines?
(a) Congress bickers at them and either downsizes or eliminates them altogether.
(b) Congress enlarges his plans.
(c) Congress improves upon them.
(d) Congress accepts them.
2. What are upper level leaders in the United States slowly convinced to do regarding Marcos?
(a) Accept him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Abandon him.
3. Why does Quezon go to Washington D.C.?
(a) He would like to see the nation's capital.
(b) He is running for an American political office.
(c) He is invited by the President of the United States.
(d) He is a Filipino representative.
4. What does MacArthur do once he divorces his wife?
(a) He becomes a priest.
(b) He marries a Filipino woman.
(c) He takes a Filipino mistress.
(d) He vows to never marry again.
5. Who does Ninoy take with him for his return flight?
(a) A militia.
(b) Several members of the press.
(c) The Marcos.
(d) CIA agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Taft find that the Filipino people are satisfied with U.S. rule?
2. What do Marcos' financial schemes bring in?
3. The prisoners are marched some eighty miles in what comes to be known as what?
4. When does another insurgency group form in northern Luzon?
5. As Marcos debates how he will sidestep the Philippine constitution to start an illegal third term in office, what does the local press worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the major problems with the attitudes of the Americans?
2. What is the result of Ninoy"s funeral?
3. Describe Quezon.
4. What is established for the Filipinos?
5. What is the "Bataan death march?"
6. What do the Japanese do when Japan, Germany, and Italy for the "Axis" powers?
7. Who begins arriving in the Philippines in 1901? Why?
8. What fateful decision does Ninoy make in 1983?
9. Who rises to power during this time?
10. Describe Douglas MacArthur at the beginning of this chapter.
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)