|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Ninoy Aquino jailed?
(a) For one year.
(b) Throughout most of the 1960s.
(c) Throughout most of the 1970s.
(d) For almost five years.
2. When do boatloads of American teachers and civil servants start arriving in the Philippines?
3. How do American leaders react to what abuse is taking place in the Philippines?
(a) They send money to civil organizations.
(b) They send trooops to the Philippines to support the civilians.
(c) They put pressure on Marcos to be kind to his people.
(d) They turn a blind eye.
4. Who do the Japanese instill as bogus Filipino president?
(a) Jose Sanchez.
(b) Jose Suarez.
(c) Jose Limon.
(d) Jose Laurel.
5. Where does Marcos excel?
(a) The University of the Philippines Medical School.
(b) The University of the Philippines School of Science.
(c) The University of the Philippines School of Music.
(d) The University of the Philippines Law School.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Nino's wife, Cory, allowed to visit him?
2. What does congress do with many of Taft's grand plans for improving the Philippines?
3. What language is taught?
4. What does Quirino's ineptitude only help to strengthen?
5. What is established in the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on the day Pearl Harbor is attacked?
2. Describe Marcos as a leader.
3. Describe Quezon.
4. Where does Ninoy Aquino spend most of the 1970s?
5. Describe Ferdinand Marcos.
6. Describe MacArthur's "dream" job.
7. What is established for the Filipinos?
8. What are some of the major problems with the attitudes of the Americans?
9. What does the American intelligence community think about the corruption and abuse taking place in the Philippines? What do they do?
10. What group forms in 1968?
This section contains 1,473 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)