|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does MacArthur compare to Taft when dealing with prisoners and non-combatant civilians?
(a) He is less harsh.
(b) He is the same.
(c) He is more harsh.
(d) He is similar.
2. What begins roaming the countryside, killing American collaborators?
(a) Filipino clergy.
(b) Former United States soldiers.
(c) Japanese death squads.
(d) Filipino death squads.
3. How and when does the huge Philippine sugar trade begin enticing numerous other countries to the area?
(a) In the 1600s.
(b) In the 1800s.
(c) In the 1700s.
(d) In the 1900s.
4. Why does this person agree to depart for Manila to take the position of governor?
(a) He enjoys traveling around the world.
(b) He would like to learn more about the Philippine culture.
(c) He has aspirations of becoming a Supreme Court judge.
(d) He has family that lives in Manila.
5. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
(a) They stagnate.
(b) They become attached to the Spanish.
(c) They prosper.
(d) They die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
2. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
3. As military governor, how does MacArthur treat Taft?
4. On what do the Spanish soldiers excitedly concentrate?
5. What happens when Schurman presses McKinley for a cease-fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs after a rebellion in Cuba takes place?
2. Describe Magellan's voyage beginning in 1519.
3. Describe Ferdinand Magellan's early career as an explorer.
4. What takes place during the mid 1800s in America?
5. What good does General Otis do for the natives?
6. What happens when more American troops are requested?
7. What happens when the U.S. warship "Maine" explodes?
8. What do the Anti-Imperialists feel about the expansionist movement?
9. What effect does the belief that the U.S. could benefit from having a colony in the Far East have on the United States?
10. What happens to Aguinaldo when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term?
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)