|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
(a) Samaria, Chile, and even Argentina.
(b) Egypt, The Ivory Coast, and even Barbados.
(c) Ethiopia, India, and even Bermuda.
(d) Sumatra, China, and even Japan.
2. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
(a) A healthy relationship.
(b) A relationship full of hatred.
(c) A love/hate relationship.
(d) A loving relationship.
3. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A state.
(c) An ally.
(d) A colony.
4. How much difficulty do the Americans have winning most skirmishes?
(a) They easily win skirmishes.
(b) They do not win skirmishes.
(c) They have a difficult time winning skirmishes.
(d) They have some trouble winning skirmishes.
5. What Portuguese explorer leads a successful voyage around the Horn of Africa and lands in India in 1498?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Franz Ferdinand.
(c) Vasco da Gama.
(d) Ferdinand Magellan.
Short Answer Questions
1. McKinley does not want complications with the insurgents, but is still trying to do what?
2. How does Aguinaldo feel when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term, with Roosevelt as his running mate?
3. When does the crew gaze upon the Philippines for the first time?
4. Of what does McKinley have no knowledge?
5. What begins roaming the countryside, killing American collaborators?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the U.S. warship "Maine" explodes?
2. Describe life in the Philippines under Spanish rule.
3. What happens within ten years of Legazpi's rule?
4. What effect does the belief that the U.S. could benefit from having a colony in the Far East have on the United States?
5. What happens when young Filipino men are educated abroad?
6. What did Prince Henry do for Portuguese exploration?
7. What happens when some Spaniards resent the injustice of the Spanish towards the natives?
8. Describe the beginning of the war.
9. Describe a little of the history of the Philippines.
10. Describe Magellan's voyage beginning in 1519.
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)