|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do the Spanish soldiers excitedly concentrate?
(a) Collecting revenue and converting the population to Christianity.
(b) Preparing the Philippine people to be independent.
(c) Selling the Philippines to the United States.
(d) Finding a route to enhance their power in the spice trade.
2. What takes off in Europe and creates a demand for a viable route to the Far East?
(a) The Black Death.
(b) A desire for fine China.
(c) Yoga and interest in Eastern religions.
(d) The Asian spice trade.
3. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
4. Of what does McKinley have no knowledge?
(a) Far Eastern affairs.
(b) Foreign affairs.
(c) Local affairs.
(d) Political affairs.
5. What Portuguese explorer leads a successful voyage around the Horn of Africa and lands in India in 1498?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Vasco da Gama.
(c) Franz Ferdinand.
(d) Ferdinand Magellan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Long react when Roosevelt connives to have a fellow expansionist appointed as the next Navy Commodore?
2. How does Aguinaldo feel when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term, with Roosevelt as his running mate?
3. Under pressure, McKinley appoints Roosevelt as the assistant secretary to whom, who is the secretary of the navy?
4. How do American commanders and troops retaliate?
5. When do the Portuguese explore the West African coast and round the continent itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the religion in the Philippines under Spanish rule.
2. What is Emilio Aguinaldo doing at this time?
3. What do the Anti-Imperialists feel about the expansionist movement?
4. Describe the exploration by European countries.
5. What happens when young Filipino men are educated abroad?
6. What takes place during the mid 1800s in America?
7. What happens within ten years of Legazpi's rule?
8. How do the Americans deal with guerrilla tactics?
9. What occurs after a rebellion in Cuba takes place?
10. Describe Aguinaldo in mid-1900.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)