|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Filipinos very good at mimicking?
(a) Customs on the surface.
(b) Their American captors.
(c) The American judicial system.
(d) American accents.
2. What happens to Ninoy at the airport?
(a) He is given a warm welcome.
(b) He is welcomed by his wife.
(c) He is gunned down.
(d) He is driven to his new home.
3. Why is the investigation where Pearl Harbor commanders are punished short lived?
(a) MacArthur begs for forgiveness.
(b) MacArthur and the other commanders are innocent.
(c) MacArthur pays the judges to end the investigation.
(d) MacArthur is seen as too "valuable" for official inquiry.
4. Who does Ninoy take with him for his return flight?
(a) A militia.
(b) Several members of the press.
(c) CIA agents.
(d) The Marcos.
5. Where does Marcos excel?
(a) The University of the Philippines Medical School.
(b) The University of the Philippines School of Science.
(c) The University of the Philippines School of Music.
(d) The University of the Philippines Law School.
6. How does MacArthur create much resentment?
(a) By having affairs with officers' wives.
(b) By pardoning many high level Filipinos who had collaborated with the Japanese.
(c) By ignoring the presidents communiques.
(d) By attacking Spain.
7. What does Imelda Marcos do regarding Ninoy?
(a) She begs him to return to the Philippines.
(b) She promotes him during his presidential campaign.
(c) She helps him move to the United States.
(d) She pleads with him to postpone his journey.
8. With what does Imelda quickly become enamored?
(a) Her career.
(b) Her political position.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The finer things in life.
9. What does President Roxas do in order to pass wanted legislation?
(a) He has several members of the Filipino Parliament murdered.
(b) He blackmails members of the Filipino Parliament.
(c) He bribes members of the Filipino Parliament.
(d) He denies seats to eleven opposition members of the Filipino Parliament under questionable charges.
10. In late December, what does Japanese Lieutenant General Masaharu Homma plan to do?
(a) Capture the main Philippine island of Luzon in just fifty days.
(b) Capture the main Philippine island of Luzon in just ten days.
(c) Capture the main Philippine island of Luzon in just one hundred days.
(d) Capture the main Philippine island of Luzon in just twenty days.
11. When does another insurgency group form in northern Luzon?
12. What does Quezon complete with William Atkinson Jones?
(a) A bill to grant Philippine independence in eight years.
(b) A bill to grant Philippine independence in one year.
(c) A bill to grant Philippine independence in two years.
(d) A bill to grant Philippine independence in five years.
13. Why is MacArthur castigated?
(a) For mocking protesting WWI veterans.
(b) For stalling an attack against protesting WWI veterans.
(c) For not attacking protesting WWI veterans.
(d) For aggressively leading an attack against protesting WWI veterans.
14. How long is Ninoy Aquino jailed?
(a) For almost five years.
(b) For one year.
(c) Throughout most of the 1970s.
(d) Throughout most of the 1960s.
15. Why is this one language taught?
(a) To remember the occupation by the Spanish.
(b) To unite the population.
(c) To keep the Portuguese language alive.
(d) To keep an aspect of the Philippine culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcos come to resent regarding Ninoy?
2. How does Marcos seize on local unrest in 1971?
3. How does Colonel Douglas MacArthur distinguish himself in the waning years of World War I?
4. Who do the Japanese instill as bogus Filipino president?
5. When do the Philippines become officially independent?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)