|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does another insurgency group form in northern Luzon?
2. How do some Filipinos feel as Marcos takes total power and crime plummets?
3. Who does Ninoy take with him for his return flight?
(a) The Marcos.
(b) Several members of the press.
(c) CIA agents.
(d) A militia.
4. What does Imelda Marcos do regarding Ninoy?
(a) She helps him move to the United States.
(b) She pleads with him to postpone his journey.
(c) She begs him to return to the Philippines.
(d) She promotes him during his presidential campaign.
5. What happens to Ninoy at the airport?
(a) He is welcomed by his wife.
(b) He is gunned down.
(c) He is given a warm welcome.
(d) He is driven to his new home.
6. In 1907, what do Osmena and Quezon form?
(a) A political alliance and found the Federalista party.
(b) A non-profit organization to help disadvantaged youth.
(c) A political alliance and the Nacionalista party.
(d) An organization to fund education programs.
7. How do Nationalistic insurgent groups see Quezon?
(a) As a father figure.
(b) As a leader.
(c) As a democratic leader.
(d) As a tyrant.
8. What does MacArthur do once he divorces his wife?
(a) He marries a Filipino woman.
(b) He becomes a priest.
(c) He takes a Filipino mistress.
(d) He vows to never marry again.
9. How does Colonel Douglas MacArthur distinguish himself in the waning years of World War I?
(a) With his courage, prowess, and brashness under fire.
(b) With his wealth, intelligence, and brashness under fire.
(c) With his prowess, hatred, and intelligence under fire.
(d) With his courage, arrogance, and negilence under fire.
10. From where did Douglas MacArthur graduate?
(b) The Naval Academy.
(d) West Point.
11. Quezon shows himself to be what kind of politician?
(a) A radical one.
(b) A practical one.
(c) An uncertain one.
(d) A quiet one.
12. What has the intelligence community worried?
(a) The country might grow in wealth and power and overshadow the United States.
(b) The country might grow stronger and become more powerful than the United States.
(c) The country might collapse, with the Socialist insurgency filling the vacuum.
(d) The country might collapse, with the Communist insurgency filling the vacuum.
13. Who does MacArthur support while turning away his old friend Osmena?
(a) Manuel Ortega.
(b) Manual Roxas.
(c) Jimmie Vitae.
(d) Luis Varga.
14. How does Marcos seize on local unrest in 1971?
(a) By purposely escalating the situation with "fake" incidents in order to declare martial law.
(b) By purposely promoting criminal activity.
(c) By purposely straining the Philippine relationship with the United States.
(d) By purposely send false information to the press.
15. What does Taft believe will only hurt trade between the U.S. and the Philippines?
(a) Putting Quezon in power.
(b) Philippine independence.
(c) Putting Osmena in power.
(d) Keeping the Philippines as a colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Japanese instill as bogus Filipino president?
2. What are the Filipinos very good at mimicking?
3. Why does Marcos leave a relationship (where he had produced four out of wedlock children) to marry Imelda Visitacion?
4. Why is the investigation where Pearl Harbor commanders are punished short lived?
5. What does the American intelligence community decide about Quirino?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)