1. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
2. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
In the Spanish American War.
3. How has the Filipino perception of the United States changed over the years?
From occupying nation to protector.
4. Who have found their lives inexorably linked to the Philippines?
Many famed historical leaders.
5. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
A love/hate relationship.
6. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
7. What explorer first finds the Philippines?
This section contains 5,346 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)