|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the carnage affecting many American troops?
(a) They are becoming more sensitive to the situation.
(b) They are becoming less aggressive and willing to fight.
(c) They are becoming desensitized.
(d) They are becoming less interested in fighting.
2. For how long does Spain keep the Philippines in a state of near suspended animation?
(a) More than five hundred years.
(b) More than three hundred years.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Ten years.
3. By the end of the day, how many Filipinos are dead?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Three hundred thousand.
(c) Thirteen thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
4. What was the explorer looking for when he discovered the Philippines?
(a) A spice route to the Indies.
(b) People to convert to Christianity.
(d) Territory to own.
5. What creates resentment among the growing Filipino educated class?
(a) Allowing them to be educated abroad but not in their own country.
(b) Allowing Filipinos to be educated, but not allowing them to become priests.
(c) Allowing them to be educated in their own country but not abroad.
(d) Not allowing Filipinos to be educated, but allowing them to become priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Quezon shows himself to be what kind of politician?
2. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
3. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
4. What type of defensive system does MacArthur envision?
5. How does Colonel Douglas MacArthur distinguish himself in the waning years of World War I?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)