|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the so-called "Jones" bill is re-drafted in the House in 1914, what does it give the Filipinos?
(a) Sovereignty as soon as they have a certain amount of wealth.
(b) Sovereignty as soon as an official president is elected.
(c) Sovereignty as soon as they pay the United States a substantial fee.
(d) Sovereignty as soon as a "stable government " is established.
2. When do boatloads of American teachers and civil servants start arriving in the Philippines?
3. Privately, what does Osmena tell Harrison?
(a) To leave the Filipinos alone.
(b) To slow down and do things right.
(c) To hurry up.
(d) To go back to the United States.
4. Does Taft find that the Filipino people are satisfied with U.S. rule?
5. What does U.S. trade do to the gap between rich and poor?
(a) It makes it non-existent.
(b) It shrinks it.
(c) It widens it.
(d) It creates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aguinaldo's men do to American prisoners?
2. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
3. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
4. From where did Douglas MacArthur graduate?
5. From where does the Spaniards' main threat come?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)