|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes friendlier.
(b) It becomes strained.
(c) It becomes stronger.
(d) It becomes more protective.
2. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
(a) They are corrupted by the process and work with the Spaniards against their citizenry.
(b) They flee the country and leave their people defenseless.
(c) They help the Spanish assimilate to the native culture.
(d) They become more protective of their people.
3. Of what does McKinley have no knowledge?
(a) Far Eastern affairs.
(b) Local affairs.
(c) Political affairs.
(d) Foreign affairs.
4. Why are MacArthur's B-17s easily destroyed by the Japanese planes?
(a) They are flying in Japanese air space.
(b) They are still neatly arranged on the runway.
(c) They are arranged on an aircraft carrier.
(d) They are out of fuel and are forced to go into enemy territory.
5. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the shortcomings and unrealistic expectations, _______________ quickly becomes the most literate nation in southeast Asia.
2. What does Aguinaldo assume that the United States will guarantee for the Philippines?
3. When Woodrow Wilson is elected president, what do Filipinos prematurely assume will happen?
4. Conservative President Grover Cleveland ______________ pressure to annex Hawaii and attack Cuba.
5. What stories heavily influence the natives?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)