|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Dependent Independence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Luis Taruc?
(a) The leader of the Huks.
(b) The president of the Philippines.
(c) An American spy in the Philippines.
(d) The leader of the Federalista Party.
2. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
3. What creates a harsh feudal system when it comes to land ownership and taxation?
(a) The "Spaniard" system.
(b) The "esclavitud" system.
(c) The "pobre" system.
(d) The "encomienda" system.
4. What does congress do with many of Taft's grand plans for improving the Philippines?
(a) Congress accepts them.
(b) Congress enlarges his plans.
(c) Congress improves upon them.
(d) Congress bickers at them and either downsizes or eliminates them altogether.
5. Who does MacArthur support while turning away his old friend Osmena?
(a) Luis Varga.
(b) Manual Roxas.
(c) Manuel Ortega.
(d) Jimmie Vitae.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do MacArthur's troops soon find themselves after he makes this decision?
2. In January 1900, who does President McKinley summon to discuss the Philippines?
3. What happens when Schurman presses McKinley for a cease-fire?
4. The _____________ view surpasses the expansionism view for most of the remainder of the 1800s.
5. A pre-CIA organization selects Ramon Magsaysay, who quickly rises through the Filipino legislative ranks. What does Magsaysay cunningly create where he gives rebels the option to surrender, but attacks mercilessly if they decline the offer?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)