|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, MacArthur's Mandate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the Spanish fleet destroyed in Manila, McKinley appoints _________ to command the U.S. Army to take the city itself, still held by the Spanish.
(a) Major General Jacob Merritt.
(b) Major General Wesley Merritt.
(c) Major General John Merritt.
(d) Major General William Merritt.
2. What are the Filipinos very good at mimicking?
(a) American accents.
(b) Their American captors.
(c) The American judicial system.
(d) Customs on the surface.
3. In the spirit of "benevolent assimilation," General Otis focuses army resources towards what?
(a) Teaching English to the locals.
(b) Suppressing the locals.
(c) Public education and rebuilding the legal system.
(d) Converting the locals to Christianity.
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(b) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
(c) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
(d) They learn the language.
5. Why is MacArthur castigated?
(a) For mocking protesting WWI veterans.
(b) For not attacking protesting WWI veterans.
(c) For stalling an attack against protesting WWI veterans.
(d) For aggressively leading an attack against protesting WWI veterans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of defensive system does MacArthur envision?
2. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
3. Of what does McKinley have no knowledge?
4. On what do the Spanish soldiers excitedly concentrate?
5. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)