|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, MacArthur's Mandate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Woodrow Wilson is elected president, what do Filipinos prematurely assume will happen?
(a) They will gain independence immediately.
(b) Their independence will lag.
(c) Their independence will be hastened.
(d) They will lose all chances for independence.
2. The term ___________________ is used to mean the worldwide assertion of American power for the "good" of other civilizations.
(a) Colonial Power.
(b) Manifest Destiny.
(c) Expansionist Desire.
(d) God's Fate.
3. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
(a) A love/hate relationship.
(b) A healthy relationship.
(c) A relationship full of hatred.
(d) A loving relationship.
4. How is Aguinaldo captured?
(a) The Americans use a "carrot and stick" scenario.
(b) The Americans use a "Trojan horse" scenario.
(c) The Americans kill all of his men.
(d) The Americans capture him after a small skirmish.
5. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
(a) He is nervous that Dewey will turn on him.
(b) He is relieved that he did not have to get involved.
(c) He is jealous that he was not able to do the same.
(d) He is upset he hadn't been included in the planning, as well as the actual fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Privately, what does Osmena tell Harrison?
2. What takes off in Europe and creates a demand for a viable route to the Far East?
3. As military governor, how does MacArthur treat Taft?
4. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
5. By the end of the day, how many Filipinos are dead?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)