|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Little Brown Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emilio Aguinaldo?
(a) A friend of McKinley's.
(b) A Filipino politician.
(c) A Spanish Friar.
(d) A Filipino insurgent.
2. Under what pretext does a civilian commission set up offices in Manila?
(a) Protecting Americans in the Philippines.
(b) Finding work for the natives.
(c) Educating the natives.
(d) Getting the point of view of the natives.
3. As military governor, how does MacArthur treat Taft?
(a) He is upset with Taft's authority but steps down.
(b) He refuses to step down or even recognize Taft's authority over him.
(c) He refuses to step down but does recognize Taft's authority.
(d) He shows taft a great deal of respect.
4. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
(a) They help the Spanish assimilate to the native culture.
(b) They become more protective of their people.
(c) They are corrupted by the process and work with the Spaniards against their citizenry.
(d) They flee the country and leave their people defenseless.
5. When do the Portuguese explore the West African coast and round the continent itself?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the crew gaze upon the Philippines for the first time?
2. In mid-1900, what hope is Aguinaldo still holding out?
3. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
4. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
5. When more troops are requested, how large does the army become within a year?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)