|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Little Brown Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
(a) It has not been forgotten.
(b) It has been long forgotten.
(c) It is struggling to exist.
(d) It has strengthened.
2. The term ___________________ is used to mean the worldwide assertion of American power for the "good" of other civilizations.
(a) Colonial Power.
(b) God's Fate.
(c) Manifest Destiny.
(d) Expansionist Desire.
3. On what do the Spanish soldiers excitedly concentrate?
(a) Collecting revenue and converting the population to Christianity.
(b) Finding a route to enhance their power in the spice trade.
(c) Selling the Philippines to the United States.
(d) Preparing the Philippine people to be independent.
4. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
(a) In Tokyo.
(b) In Bataan.
(c) In Fiji.
(d) In Manila.
5. How has the Filipino perception of the United States changed over the years?
(a) From occupying nation to protector.
(b) From foe to friend.
(c) From friend to foe.
(d) From protector to occupying nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
2. What does Aguinaldo assume that the United States will guarantee for the Philippines?
3. What creates resentment among the growing Filipino educated class?
4. The _____________ view surpasses the expansionism view for most of the remainder of the 1800s.
5. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)