|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Little Brown Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
(a) It has strengthened.
(b) It is struggling to exist.
(c) It has been long forgotten.
(d) It has not been forgotten.
2. What do Aguinaldo's men do to American prisoners?
(a) They are kind and humane.
(b) They make them work in labor camps.
(c) They torture and kill them in gruesome ways.
(d) They send video recordings of them to politicians in the United States.
3. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
(a) From a policy of guerrilla tactics to direct confrontation.
(b) From a policy of direct confrontation to no confrontation.
(c) From a policy of direct confrontation to guerrilla tactics.
(d) From a policy of guerrilla tactics to traditional tactics.
4. The locals are supposed to be self-ruling, but in reality, who has total control?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The political leaders.
(c) The Friars.
(d) The missionaries.
5. In January 1900, who does President McKinley summon to discuss the Philippines?
(a) Federal judge William Howard Taft.
(b) Federal judge Owen Murphy Panner.
(c) Federal judge Lawrence Edward Walsh.
(d) Federal judge George Bethune Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do American commanders and troops retaliate?
2. What was the explorer looking for when he discovered the Philippines?
3. With the Spanish fleet destroyed in Manila, McKinley appoints _________ to command the U.S. Army to take the city itself, still held by the Spanish.
4. European countries move out by sea and land to explore the unknown reaches of the world in what is known as what?
5. Mark Twain, Samuel Gompers and _________________ find themselves oddly on the same side of the expansionism issue.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)