|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Little Brown Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much difficulty do the Americans have winning most skirmishes?
(a) They easily win skirmishes.
(b) They have some trouble winning skirmishes.
(c) They have a difficult time winning skirmishes.
(d) They do not win skirmishes.
2. What effect do modest reforms have on the leaders in the Philippines?
(a) This limits the power of the Spanish bureaucrats, but actually increases the power of the church.
(b) It increases the power of both Spanish bureaucrats and the church.
(c) It decreases the power of both the Spanish bureaucrats and the church.
(d) This limits the power of the church, but actually increases the power of the Spanish bureaucrats.
3. What do Aguinaldo's men do to American prisoners?
(a) They torture and kill them in gruesome ways.
(b) They make them work in labor camps.
(c) They send video recordings of them to politicians in the United States.
(d) They are kind and humane.
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(b) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
(c) They learn the language.
(d) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
5. With the Spanish fleet destroyed in Manila, McKinley appoints _________ to command the U.S. Army to take the city itself, still held by the Spanish.
(a) Major General Wesley Merritt.
(b) Major General John Merritt.
(c) Major General William Merritt.
(d) Major General Jacob Merritt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked to clarify the overall U.S. mission, how does McKinley respond?
2. What do the commission reports recommend?
3. Over what is the actual war triggered?
4. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
5. What stories heavily influence the natives?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)