|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Little Brown Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
(a) They stagnate.
(b) They die.
(c) They become attached to the Spanish.
(d) They prosper.
2. In mid-1900, what hope is Aguinaldo still holding out?
(a) McKinley can be defeated in the upcoming U.S. presidential election.
(b) McKinley will win the next election.
(c) McKinley will change his views on the Philippines as a colony.
(d) That McKinley will stand up for his beliefs.
3. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
(a) From a policy of direct confrontation to no confrontation.
(b) From a policy of guerrilla tactics to traditional tactics.
(c) From a policy of direct confrontation to guerrilla tactics.
(d) From a policy of guerrilla tactics to direct confrontation.
4. Of what does Taft recommend U.S. sponsorship?
(a) Philippine military organizations.
(b) Philippine insurgents.
(c) Philippine civilian projects.
(d) Philippine reserves.
5. What do some men do to avoid mandatory "service"?
(a) They commit suicide.
(b) They fight the Spanish.
(c) They flee the country.
(d) They flee into the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Portuguese explorer leads a successful voyage around the Horn of Africa and lands in India in 1498?
2. What effect do modest reforms have on the leaders in the Philippines?
3. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
5. Over what is the actual war triggered?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)