|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Civilizing with a Krag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
(a) A love/hate relationship.
(b) A loving relationship.
(c) A healthy relationship.
(d) A relationship full of hatred.
2. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
(d) De Gama.
3. When does Ferdinand Magellan sail for India with a Portuguese fleet?
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language.
(b) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(c) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
(d) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
5. What was the explorer looking for when he discovered the Philippines?
(a) A spice route to the Indies.
(b) People to convert to Christianity.
(c) Territory to own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much difficulty do the Americans have winning most skirmishes?
2. Mark Twain, Samuel Gompers and _________________ find themselves oddly on the same side of the expansionism issue.
3. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
4. During the mid 1800s, the American desire to become a world power and be taken seriously _____________.
5. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)