|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Civilizing with a Krag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
(a) It is struggling to exist.
(b) It has strengthened.
(c) It has not been forgotten.
(d) It has been long forgotten.
2. What stories heavily influence the natives?
3. Conservative President Grover Cleveland ______________ pressure to annex Hawaii and attack Cuba.
(c) Succumbs to.
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language.
(b) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(c) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
(d) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
5. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
(a) In Bataan.
(b) In Tokyo.
(c) In Manila.
(d) In Fiji.
Short Answer Questions
1. European countries move out by sea and land to explore the unknown reaches of the world in what is known as what?
2. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
3. Theodore Roosevelt is a student of Mahan's THE INFLUENCE OF SEA POWER ON HISTORY and desires to make the United States what?
4. How much difficulty do the Americans have winning most skirmishes?
5. Under pressure, McKinley appoints Roosevelt as the assistant secretary to whom, who is the secretary of the navy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)