|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Civilizing with a Krag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
2. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
(a) It has not been forgotten.
(b) It has strengthened.
(c) It is struggling to exist.
(d) It has been long forgotten.
3. How many weeks does it take to reach the Pacific Ocean?
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(b) They learn the language.
(c) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
(d) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
5. What is the result of Dewey's cutting the telegraph cable out of Manila?
(a) It causes widespread fear.
(b) It greatly slows down direct communication.
(c) It causes a war.
(d) It encourages Filipino ingenuity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories heavily influence the natives?
2. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
3. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
4. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
5. Over what is the actual war triggered?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)