|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Civilizing with a Krag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
2. McKinley does not want complications with the insurgents, but is still trying to do what?
(a) Become friends with the insurgents.
(b) Appease the Philippine people.
(c) Avoid making the Philippines a U.S. colony.
(d) Reach a negotiated deal with the Spanish.
3. Who have found their lives inexorably linked to the Philippines?
(a) Many Americans.
(b) Many famed historical leaders.
(c) Many Spanish.
(d) Many island residents.
4. Since McKinley does not want war, what does he do?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He forbids war.
(c) He runs a successful anti-war campaign.
(d) He tries stalling.
5. What are many powerful individuals now considering?
(a) The possible harm a U.S. colony would cause a group of people in the Far East.
(b) The uselessness of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
(c) The excitement of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
(d) The possible benefits of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
2. How and when does the huge Philippine sugar trade begin enticing numerous other countries to the area?
3. On what do the Spanish soldiers excitedly concentrate?
4. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
5. The locals are supposed to be self-ruling, but in reality, who has total control?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)