|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Civilizing with a Krag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term ___________________ is used to mean the worldwide assertion of American power for the "good" of other civilizations.
(a) God's Fate.
(b) Expansionist Desire.
(c) Manifest Destiny.
(d) Colonial Power.
2. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
3. What are many powerful individuals now considering?
(a) The possible benefits of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
(b) The possible harm a U.S. colony would cause a group of people in the Far East.
(c) The uselessness of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
(d) The excitement of a U.S. colony in the Far East.
4. How many troops does Filipino General Luna quickly get to surround the city of Manila?
5. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
(a) In World War I.
(b) In the French and Indian ar.
(c) In the Cold War.
(d) In the Spanish American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
2. Who have found their lives inexorably linked to the Philippines?
3. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
4. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
5. From where does the Spaniards' main threat come?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)