|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks does it take to reach the Pacific Ocean?
2. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
(a) A state.
(b) A colony.
(c) An enemy.
(d) An ally.
3. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
4. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
(a) Samaria, Chile, and even Argentina.
(b) Sumatra, China, and even Japan.
(c) Egypt, The Ivory Coast, and even Barbados.
(d) Ethiopia, India, and even Bermuda.
5. What do some men do to avoid mandatory "service"?
(a) They flee into the jungle.
(b) They flee the country.
(c) They fight the Spanish.
(d) They commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
2. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
3. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
4. What explorer first finds the Philippines?
5. How and when does the huge Philippine sugar trade begin enticing numerous other countries to the area?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)