|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the Filipino perception of the United States changed over the years?
(a) From friend to foe.
(b) From protector to occupying nation.
(c) From occupying nation to protector.
(d) From foe to friend.
2. What creates resentment among the growing Filipino educated class?
(a) Allowing them to be educated in their own country but not abroad.
(b) Not allowing Filipinos to be educated, but allowing them to become priests.
(c) Allowing Filipinos to be educated, but not allowing them to become priests.
(d) Allowing them to be educated abroad but not in their own country.
3. For how long does Spain keep the Philippines in a state of near suspended animation?
(a) More than three hundred years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) More than five hundred years.
4. What effect do modest reforms have on the leaders in the Philippines?
(a) This limits the power of the church, but actually increases the power of the Spanish bureaucrats.
(b) This limits the power of the Spanish bureaucrats, but actually increases the power of the church.
(c) It decreases the power of both the Spanish bureaucrats and the church.
(d) It increases the power of both Spanish bureaucrats and the church.
5. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
(c) The Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
2. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
3. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
4. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
5. What was the explorer looking for when he discovered the Philippines?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)