|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes stronger.
(b) It becomes strained.
(c) It becomes more protective.
(d) It becomes friendlier.
2. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
(a) Prince Harry.
(b) Prince William.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince Charles.
3. How many weeks does it take to reach the Pacific Ocean?
4. When does the crew gaze upon the Philippines for the first time?
(a) April 1621.
(b) March 1521.
(c) April 1521.
(d) March 1621.
5. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
2. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
3. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
4. What explorer first finds the Philippines?
5. For how long does Spain keep the Philippines in a state of near suspended animation?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)