|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ferdinand Magellan sail for India with a Portuguese fleet?
2. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
(a) A relationship full of hatred.
(b) A love/hate relationship.
(c) A healthy relationship.
(d) A loving relationship.
3. Soon, what happens to the local chiefs regarding their people?
(a) They help the Spanish assimilate to the native culture.
(b) They flee the country and leave their people defenseless.
(c) They are corrupted by the process and work with the Spaniards against their citizenry.
(d) They become more protective of their people.
4. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
(c) The Philippines.
5. The locals are supposed to be self-ruling, but in reality, who has total control?
(a) The political leaders.
(b) The Friars.
(c) The missionaries.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks does it take to reach the Pacific Ocean?
2. What stories heavily influence the natives?
3. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
4. For how long does Spain keep the Philippines in a state of near suspended animation?
5. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)