|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The country is ruled indirectly from what for three hundred years?
(b) The United States.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Vatican and Rome.
2. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
(a) A love/hate relationship.
(b) A healthy relationship.
(c) A loving relationship.
(d) A relationship full of hatred.
3. What Portuguese explorer leads a successful voyage around the Horn of Africa and lands in India in 1498?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Ferdinand Magellan.
(c) Vasco da Gama.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
4. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes friendlier.
(b) It becomes more protective.
(c) It becomes stronger.
(d) It becomes strained.
5. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
(a) In the Cold War.
(b) In the Spanish American War.
(c) In World War I.
(d) In the French and Indian ar.
Short Answer Questions
1. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
2. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
3. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
4. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
5. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)