|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Spanish Bond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
(a) Prince Henry.
(b) Prince William.
(c) Prince Harry.
(d) Prince Charles.
2. European countries move out by sea and land to explore the unknown reaches of the world in what is known as what?
(a) The "Age of Man."
(b) The "Age of the Dinosaurs."
(c) The "Age of Enlightenment."
(d) The "Age of Discovery."
3. What takes off in Europe and creates a demand for a viable route to the Far East?
(a) Yoga and interest in Eastern religions.
(b) The Black Death.
(c) The Asian spice trade.
(d) A desire for fine China.
4. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes more protective.
(b) It becomes strained.
(c) It becomes friendlier.
(d) It becomes stronger.
5. When do the Portuguese explore the West African coast and round the continent itself?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the Filipino perception of the United States changed over the years?
2. What stories heavily influence the natives?
3. The country is ruled indirectly from what for three hundred years?
4. When does the crew gaze upon the Philippines for the first time?
5. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)