|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Conjugal Autocracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
2. As military governor, how does MacArthur treat Taft?
(a) He refuses to step down or even recognize Taft's authority over him.
(b) He refuses to step down but does recognize Taft's authority.
(c) He is upset with Taft's authority but steps down.
(d) He shows taft a great deal of respect.
3. In the spirit of "benevolent assimilation," General Otis focuses army resources towards what?
(a) Teaching English to the locals.
(b) Public education and rebuilding the legal system.
(c) Converting the locals to Christianity.
(d) Suppressing the locals.
4. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
(b) The Philippines.
5. The prisoners are marched some eighty miles in what comes to be known as what?
(a) The "Bataan death march."
(b) The "Manila death march."
(c) The "Bataan apocalypse."
(d) The "Manila apocalypse."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the insurgent force's policy gradually switch?
2. In 1907, what do Osmena and Quezon form?
3. Why does this person agree to depart for Manila to take the position of governor?
4. What do Aguinaldo's men do to American prisoners?
5. To what does the majority of aid money go?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)