|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Conjugal Autocracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Japanese instill as bogus Filipino president?
(a) Jose Limon.
(b) Jose Sanchez.
(c) Jose Laurel.
(d) Jose Suarez.
2. What is Manila dubbed?
(a) "America of the East."
(b) "No Man's Land."
(c) "The Pearl of the Orient."
(d) "The Diamond in the Rough."
3. Why does Quezon take a secretive trip to Japan in 1938?
(a) His wife lives in Japan.
(b) To discuss beginning a war with the United States.
(c) To negotiate Philippine neutrality in case of war.
(d) He has always wanted to visit Japan.
4. How does Aguinaldo feel when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term, with Roosevelt as his running mate?
5. How is the carnage affecting many American troops?
(a) They are becoming less interested in fighting.
(b) They are becoming desensitized.
(c) They are becoming less aggressive and willing to fight.
(d) They are becoming more sensitive to the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nationalistic insurgent groups see Quezon?
2. Privately, what does Osmena tell Harrison?
3. From what are U.S. citizens barred in the Philippines?
4. Who is Emilio Aguinaldo?
5. Realizing his position, what fateful decision does MacArthur make?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)