|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Imperial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Twain, Samuel Gompers and _________________ find themselves oddly on the same side of the expansionism issue.
(a) Solomon R. Guggenheim.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) Thomas Eakins.
(d) John Ford.
2. How and when does the huge Philippine sugar trade begin enticing numerous other countries to the area?
(a) In the 1700s.
(b) In the 1900s.
(c) In the 1600s.
(d) In the 1800s.
3. When did the United States take the Philippines as a "prize?"
(a) In World War I.
(b) In the Cold War.
(c) In the French and Indian ar.
(d) In the Spanish American War.
4. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes stronger.
(b) It becomes friendlier.
(c) It becomes strained.
(d) It becomes more protective.
5. The _____________ view surpasses the expansionism view for most of the remainder of the 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aguinaldo depart to the mainland?
2. Of what does McKinley have no knowledge?
3. What kind of relationship exists between the United States and the Philippines?
4. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
5. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)