|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Imperial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Spain keep the Philippines in a state of near suspended animation?
(a) Ten years.
(b) More than three hundred years.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) More than five hundred years.
2. How many troops does Filipino General Luna quickly get to surround the city of Manila?
3. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
4. How do priests adapt to life in the Philippines?
(a) They learn the language.
(b) They force the natives to comply to their way of life.
(c) They learn the language and culture, often abandoning their vows and marrying.
(d) They abandon all aspects of their previous culture.
5. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes stronger.
(b) It becomes strained.
(c) It becomes more protective.
(d) It becomes friendlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the Spanish fleet destroyed in Manila, McKinley appoints _________ to command the U.S. Army to take the city itself, still held by the Spanish.
2. What has happened to McKinley's inauguration pledge to not seek to gain territory beyond the borders of the United States?
3. How many weeks does it take to reach the Pacific Ocean?
4. What does McKinley's policy set up?
5. What creates resentment among the growing Filipino educated class?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)