|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Imperial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
(a) He is upset he hadn't been included in the planning, as well as the actual fighting.
(b) He is nervous that Dewey will turn on him.
(c) He is jealous that he was not able to do the same.
(d) He is relieved that he did not have to get involved.
2. Who have found their lives inexorably linked to the Philippines?
(a) Many Americans.
(b) Many island residents.
(c) Many famed historical leaders.
(d) Many Spanish.
3. The connection between the United States and _________________ is both long lasting and complex.
(c) The Philippines.
4. Where do the Spaniards set up a trading post?
(a) In Bataan.
(b) In Manila.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Fiji.
5. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Cubans and the Filipinos.
(c) The Portuguese.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates a harsh feudal system when it comes to land ownership and taxation?
2. What does Aguinaldo assume that the United States will guarantee for the Philippines?
3. What happens to the Philippines under Spanish rule?
4. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
5. What was the explorer looking for when he discovered the Philippines?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)