|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Imperial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Filipinos gain power and prestige, what happens to their relationship with Spain?
(a) It becomes more protective.
(b) It becomes stronger.
(c) It becomes strained.
(d) It becomes friendlier.
2. When Roosevelt takes over as acting secretary, he looks at means of overthrowing who in Cuba and the Philippines?
(a) The Cubans and the Filipinos.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Portuguese.
3. How many troops does Filipino General Luna quickly get to surround the city of Manila?
4. After two months at sea, where do the ships reach?
5. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
(a) He is relieved that he did not have to get involved.
(b) He is upset he hadn't been included in the planning, as well as the actual fighting.
(c) He is jealous that he was not able to do the same.
(d) He is nervous that Dewey will turn on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Philippines to the Spanish initially?
2. What is the result of Dewey's cutting the telegraph cable out of Manila?
3. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
4. How has the Filipino perception of the United States changed over the years?
5. The term ___________________ is used to mean the worldwide assertion of American power for the "good" of other civilizations.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)