|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Stumbling Toward Self-rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Long react when Roosevelt connives to have a fellow expansionist appointed as the next Navy Commodore?
(a) Long reprimands Roosevelt but allow his appointee to stand.
(b) Long rewards Roosevelt.
(c) Long reprimands Roosevelt and does not allow the appointee to stand.
(d) Long resigns as the secretary.
2. What Portuguese explorer leads a successful voyage around the Horn of Africa and lands in India in 1498?
(a) Vasco da Gama.
(b) Ferdinand Magellan.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Franz Ferdinand.
3. Theodore Roosevelt is a student of Mahan's THE INFLUENCE OF SEA POWER ON HISTORY and desires to make the United States what?
(a) A haughty nation.
(b) A pampered nation.
(c) A negligent nation.
(d) A mighty nation.
4. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
(a) He is upset he hadn't been included in the planning, as well as the actual fighting.
(b) He is relieved that he did not have to get involved.
(c) He is nervous that Dewey will turn on him.
(d) He is jealous that he was not able to do the same.
5. In whose footsteps does Magellan follow?
(d) De Gama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Magellan wrongly charged with corruption, then exonerated?
2. When does Ferdinand Magellan sail for India with a Portuguese fleet?
3. Why does Quezon go to Washington D.C.?
4. How does MacArthur compare to Taft when dealing with prisoners and non-combatant civilians?
5. Who helps Quezon climb the ladder of Filipino culture?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)