|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Stumbling Toward Self-rule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. European countries move out by sea and land to explore the unknown reaches of the world in what is known as what?
(a) The "Age of Enlightenment."
(b) The "Age of the Dinosaurs."
(c) The "Age of Discovery."
(d) The "Age of Man."
2. Who aggressively works for forty years to send out sea voyages?
(a) Prince Charles.
(b) Prince William.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince Harry.
3. How does Aguinaldo feel when he finds out about Dewey's triumph against the Spanish fleet?
(a) He is relieved that he did not have to get involved.
(b) He is jealous that he was not able to do the same.
(c) He is nervous that Dewey will turn on him.
(d) He is upset he hadn't been included in the planning, as well as the actual fighting.
4. When the so-called "Jones" bill is re-drafted in the House in 1914, what does it give the Filipinos?
(a) Sovereignty as soon as they have a certain amount of wealth.
(b) Sovereignty as soon as a "stable government " is established.
(c) Sovereignty as soon as they pay the United States a substantial fee.
(d) Sovereignty as soon as an official president is elected.
5. How would one describe Quezon?
(a) He has magnetism and more closely echoes American flamboyant politicians.
(b) He is a very conservative, quiet man.
(c) He is what one would expect of a Filipino leader.
(d) He is very different from most American leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis Harrison quickly do when he becomes the U.S. governor of the Philippines?
2. Where else do the Portuguese aggressively explore over the next ten years?
3. What begins roaming the countryside, killing American collaborators?
4. Conservative President Grover Cleveland ______________ pressure to annex Hawaii and attack Cuba.
5. How does Aguinaldo feel when McKinley easily sweeps the elections for a second term, with Roosevelt as his running mate?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)